Nintendo Switch
  • What would I get for an OG 2017 Switch?
    Lots as it's hackable.  Ebay dont trade in
    And then I read this and I'm thinking, sell the Lite to fund the OLED, then look at hacking my OG model instead. x
    DM me if you need help hacking it

I've DM'd you mate
  • 43 physical games.. I reckon I've spent no longer than about an hour with half of them.

244718570_10227280994869720_1678287603109025845_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=qF7tMkwcYwUAX_a6drB&_nc_ht=scontent.fiom2-1.fna&oh=1a70cc72ad2819200095b39adfb38272&oe=6165CA7C

And the overflow

244980004_10227280995109726_2565728580151023891_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=MMgkALbkAasAX8xgw5c&_nc_ht=scontent.fiom2-1.fna&oh=20a3b9a7d236bce94fd9d46060f5605c&oe=6164985C
    The Forum Herald™
  • why did you by rayman?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • It was second hand in a bundle with pokemon sword.
    The Forum Herald™
  • mk64 wrote:
    why did you by rayman?

???
    I bought it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Why did you buy Spongebob Squarepants Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated?
  • Rayman is digital only I think, if you buy the box you don't get the cart iirc.
  • No, I have cart.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Rayman is digital only I think, if you buy the box you don't get the cart iirc.

This has a cart.

Re: Sponge Bob.. six year old son loves Sponge Bob and video games so it seemed like a natural fit.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Fair on both counts.  I bought Rayman too, although it might be the only big game I bought digital on Switch (it's regularly £7.49)
  • My switch is still in a moving box lol.
  • Hopefully moving in circles so that it doesn't get away from you.
  • Bugger. Was going to post up a link to my physical collection. Can't put it on Twitter, but it is here:

https://imgur.com/a/hMLxUqA

I think I've added Warioware, Mario Golf and Metroid Dread since that picture was taken
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've been pretty selective re the Switch I have to say. I fancy the the Monkey Ball Redux, Arms, Mario Party Super Stars, WarioWare , SMBU Luigi and DK Country at the mo though. I really should get a stick control for it and look at getting some shmups.

5XFHrO6.jpg

Luigi's Mansion 3 and Ori were bought by daughter#2 and she was gifted All-Stars so I've been frugal. No digital content either.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Ori's a stunning game Davy. Not sure where you stand on Metroidvania types other than Super Metroid but it might be worth a look, it's still one of the nicest looking 2D games available and the Switch port is top notch.

Can confirm the Switch version of Banana Mania is good, seems to run at 60fps in single player. So much content, it'll probably end up GotY for me.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    …Metroidvania types other than Super Metroid…

Ban request.

Things can only get better.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Haven't even looked at Ori I have to admit.  Darius on Switch is stunning but uncontrollable with the joycons and the 8bitDo isn't to my liking either as I'm hard-wired to use sticks with shmups now. The Hori mini will probably be good enough for me. If Musihimesama and Crimzon Clover get physical releases I'll probably get a stick. For now I'll wait as I have them on Steam.  Castle Shikigami 2 with extra content is due out too.

Re Metroidvania - that change caused me to abandon the series. I loved Super Metroid but it was enough for me.

The games that work with the joycons are all splendid but I'm just not spending a lot of time on the Switch.
  • So purchased a new memory card and game card storage box ready for the OLED arrving. Couldnt' find any OLED specific stuff in GAME and bizarrely they had a bunch of OG spec Switches out on the shevles.
    The Forum Herald™
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    oh - that Ori game looks lovely. Very Metroid-ey but maybe I'm ready for another game like that.
  • There's not a lot of exploration involved, usually just a glowing 'go here' marker on the map that you head towards via the tightly designed platform sections. Top ten ever for me, the sequel edges it for most on here but even with the auto-aim combat and manual save points Blind Forest is my pick. Cracker.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    There's not a lot of exploration involved, usually just a glowing 'go here' marker on the map that you head towards via the tightly designed platform sections. Top ten ever for me, the sequel edges it for most on here but even with the auto-aim combat and manual save points Blind Forest is my pick. Cracker.

That suits me fine. I have a limited appetite for exploring.  Branching/twin linear paths leading to the same destination are more my thing.

I thought the backtracking in Super Metroid was great at the time - esp. once you had a new suit or weapon and really got to learn the map. But I was young and single. Too old for that shit now.  :)
  • I'm the opposite, oddly. I couldn't stand that sort of thing until it clicked with me a few years ago, now there's a chance I'd call it my favourite genre. I still crave linear experiences for the most part, but there are some superb modern Metroidvanias around.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm betting there is. I'd love to really get into a Castlevania game in that vein as I love that IP. I love the idea of it, but when it comes to doing it , I usually lose interest and give up.
  • Symphony of the Night is still the best Metroidvania.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I picked SOTN out of a bargain bin in GAME many years ago for £5. The was the special edition complete with soundtrack and art book.

I was devastated when I tried playing it and didn't like it. Went back to it several times but just didn't click with it. I kept it for years and sold it about 5 years ago.  Loved he look and design but seeing all those items, exploration etc just felt too much like work.

Then when I heard all the GBA games were the same that was me. Haven't played a new game apart from Rebirth which is linear apart from a few shortcuts and alternate paths.
  • I'm listening to SotN OST right now as I work.  God-tier OST, that.
  • I finally played Symphony of the Night last year, after feeling much the same way as Davy since launch. It's a great game but I still prefer IV and Bloodlines (both general level progression types).
  • It seems like their solution to the dock scratching the screen is three fold
    1) glass screen
    2) shiny contact surface
    3) make it loose as fuck.
  • Well, user and data transfer between consoles was painless. Good to go!
  • Got it out of the Box It Moved House In, Elf, and it's dead. Won't turn on, won't react to being charged/put in dock. I'm hoping it's just a very very dead battery as its been on standby and sitting in its carry case since the week of Mario Golf launching. Giving it half an hour then going back to it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!