Nintendo Switch
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Surely your kids mullering you in video games is pure value?!

Completely. I used to give them a lap up back in the Double Dash days. 

I am also the subject of ridicule in multiplayer Mario 3D world. They are both in their 20s mind.

:)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I quite often get patients from the kids wards hurrily putting away their switch when I let them know its time to go. On the way down I'll ask about their fave games but always sure to let them know I'll fuckin murder them at MK. They gotta learn at some point. It's character building.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I used to have red hot platforming skills. I'm horrifed by how they have degraded - mainly due to not playing platformers any more with the vast bulk of my playtime now being 2D shooters.
  • No way that MK9 will land on Switch. That’s definitely going to be a Switch 2 launch title along with the new full fat 3D Mario and the new Zelda, which will land now in 2023 as a cross-gen title on both systems. And yes that means 2023 launch of Switch 2. And I predict the twist in MK9 will be Mario Kart Maker.

I have spoken.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • I'd take that, despite my issues with the Joycons I'd have had my Switch for six years by then, which equates to a good innings. Considering I played it for around 750hrs last year I'm surprised the main unit hasn't melted already.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    The cross gen Zelda would be traditional at this point.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • And I predict the twist in MK9 will be Mario Kart Maker.

That's a good shout, actually!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • You're all wrong

XZcmEOU.jpeg
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Stuff Mario Kart.

F-Zero and Pilotwings please. 

I know we won't get that. An MK game = 1Bn in sales.
  • I wonder about BotW2 even coming out on the current switch at this point. If it does it'll be an inferior game because of it. The console is struggling now.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nintendo tends to do 1 proper Zelda (not reduxed) per console. I'd rather they stick to that with the big IPs as it keeps them feeling special.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    They won't ditch the Switch version of BOTW2 having announced it. But I do think the fact certain upcoming games like Xenoblade Chronicles 3 haven't been announced is because they don't want to guarantee they will come out for the current Switch hardware.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Switch N64 emulation improvements:

Explains why have no major issues with the games I’ve played. Room for further improvement for sure.

Things can only get better.
  • Anyone going Day one on the new Pokemon thing?
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yes, turns out I pre-ordered it months ago.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Never drink and browse.
  • My kids are surprisingly ambivalent/nonplussed.  So we haven't ordered it.  Yet.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Apparently it's a lot better than the marketing suggests. Please pre-order it or we'll be getting dogshit like Sword and Shield forever.
  • Wow I never thought of you as a dexiter before!
  • I’m getting Arceus but only because I heard rumblings that it was doing something different and I’m all for it. Plus it might be worth it to trade in in time for Elden Ring.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hadn't ordered it but reviews are pretty overwhelmingly glowing.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Eurogamer review seemd very positive.
  • Whilst at the same time complaining about how cheap it all was.
    The Forum Herald™
  • It looks a bit like a cheap BotW but with the only gaming mechanics being catch Pokémon and make them fight. You’ll miss the towers Bob.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • It looks a bit like a cheap BotW but with the only gaming mechanics being catch Pokémon and make them fight. You’ll miss the towers Bob.

What happens when it rains? Will Bob struggle on wet surfaces?

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Monkey Ball Banana Mania arrived today - SMB1,2 + Dx and the mini games all reduxed.

Hmmmmm.....

Some levels I can breeze on GC are crippling in this. Not sure if I miss the notches or the camera is causing issues as it seems different to the originals or it's a combo of the two.  The controls are responsive enough and it's nice having the options of using a second stick to control the camera but I'm wondering if the levels have been tweaked a bit - some paths seem narrower and some slopes steeper. I suspect it's the fact that the controls are a bit more sensitive but I can't be sure - early days.Maybe it's just me. I'm sure I can adapt. 

But what is more brow raising is the occasional frame skip. It doesn't impact on gameplay but I can't believe that this couldn't be done without it.

Still a very nice title though. Getting to the EX levels by default (unless you use some sort of aid which is offered if you fail enough times) is nice - the Normal mode on GC1 has a bollocks of a final EX level. Enjoying getting to wrestle with those.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Legend of Arceus: Breath of the Pokemon has me rather enthralled. It's even pulled me away from Final Fantasy XII.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK wrote:
    Monkey Ball Banana Mania arrived today - SMB1,2 + Dx and the mini games all reduxed.

Hmmmmm.....

Some levels I can breeze on GC are crippling in this. Not sure if I miss the notches or the camera is causing issues as it seems different to the originals or it's a combo of the two.  The controls are responsive enough and it's nice having the options of using a second stick to control the camera but I'm wondering if the levels have been tweaked a bit - some paths seem narrower and some slopes steeper. I suspect it's the fact that the controls are a bit more sensitive but I can't be sure - early days.Maybe it's just me. I'm sure I can adapt. 

But what is more brow raising is the occasional frame skip. It doesn't impact on gameplay but I can't believe that this couldn't be done without it.

Still a very nice title though. Getting to the EX levels by default (unless you use some sort of aid which is offered if you fail enough times) is nice - the Normal mode on GC1 has a bollocks of a final EX level. Enjoying getting to wrestle with those.

I hoped they would have patched the frame rate issues by now, apparently not. I played at launch and it felt like more of a replica than a remaster, if that makes sense. Controls aren't quite right and the disappointment never really went away, but it's a generous package. Monkey Target was the biggest let down - split screen only and just feels off.

You can't keep a good game down though, it's worth sticking with.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Legend of Arceus: Breath of the Pokemon has me rather enthralled. It's even pulled me away from Final Fantasy XII.
    bought it for the boy
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!