myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Monster Hunter expansion out soon ish as well.
  • Nina wrote:
    Monster Hunter expansion out soon ish as well.

Is it?! Brilliant news. Need to get back into it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, end of June I think. Pretty much done with everything the base game has to offer, only a few a apex emergency quests left but they're not much fun. Need to play pretty much perfect for those. The weekly event quests they did added some nice variety, but I'm ready for the next rank
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    If that’s your jam that’s fine but .. let’s not pretend their cranking out anything.

They don't need to. Look at the eShop, it's drowning in titles from third parties. 

Nintendo can't win. If they release a new [franchise title here], people accuse them of just doing the same thing over and over again. If they don't pump out yearly Zeldas and Mario Karts, people whine that they're not giving us anything new. People love bitching about Nintendo. "Give us a new Metroid, you bastards!" (Metroid Dread) "FUCK YOU WHERE'S F-ZERO".
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Fuck you where's Project Hammer Rebirth?!
  • For real, though, Switch has given your weird experiemental Ninty (hello, Labo), some decent mid-budget non flagship offerings (Kirby, Fire Emblem etc.), a healthy selection of turn-based JRPGs (and nintendo consoles seem to be the only place to reliably get those anymore), some nice third party exclusives (rabbids, astral chain), your AAA ninty, the return of MOTHERFUCKING METROOOOOOOOOOOID! and yeah...

I don't like the Switch that much, and the online and shop setup is still just The Worst. But, I dunno, the library ain't bad and this year has Kirby and Monster Hunter and Triangle Strategy and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and...yeah, it's not barren. Not the best year ever but hardly the worst.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    ...yeah, it's not barren. Not the best year ever but hardly the worst.

o/

For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I could do with a reason to switch it on from time to time. I wouldn't mind playing Triangle or Kirby, I suppose, or even the new sports thing, but I'm not likely to buy any of them when there's more exciting stuff elsewhere. Last year my most played game on it was Slay the Spire. At least there was Metroid Dread.
  • That's fair. I do tend to default to console / PC for general day to day gaming - the Switch, as you put it, needs a reason at the mo. 

That said, I remember the back half of the Wii cycle being rough - once devs and publishers had given up trying to release "core" games for the system and it was aimed purely as a family fun device (nothing wrong with that of course) it was just a plethora of absolute crap and the few interesting games that did come out - e.g. DQ X - didn't even get out of Japan. I think in 2009, the Wii got House of the Dead: Overkill, Mad World, Monster Hunter Tri, Punch Out!, Wii Sports Resort, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and bunch of GC games with WiiMote controls. That's a fun enough line-up, sure but...kinda puts this "barren" Switch spell into perspective. Switch looks positively bloated by comparison, imo.
  • There's a lack of big potato flagship of the fleet Nintendo titles on Switch (Odyssey is almost a distant memory), but the mid-budget stuff is quite plentiful. I reckon the overall Switch potato mountain would be of a comparable-ish size to the PS/MS potato mountains, it'd just contain more Jersey Royals, less King Edwards and a load of unusual Japanese spuds that look a bit like boobies.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    People are grabbing my use of the word barren and running with it but I was using it specifically in the context of May, which genuinely is!

IMO it's easy to look at the upcoming calendar after July and feel bleak but it's most likely because Nintendo are delaying announcements due to ongoing Covid-related disruption. We'll probably hear about a lot of games fairly last minute in the next Direct.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    People are grabbing my use of the word barren and running with it but I was using it specifically in the context of May, which genuinely is!

Ah gotcha, that's likely my bad - was replying to Bob who mentioned "barren" as a word, but he likely did it in reply to your point which was about May...so, yeah, I should have had been clear on what I was / wasn't replying to.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's pretty barren on every platform due to Covid, Switch isn't alone.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    It's pretty barren on every platform due to Covid, Switch isn't alone.

This is true, though if we're talking BIG TRIPLE AAAAAAAAY FIRST PARTY HYPE AND TWITTER BAIT GAMES then Sony has managed to get a couple of out this year so far (GT7 and Horizon) but seems, well, barren beyond that - God of War, Forspoken and VR2 (maybe....). It's hardly an embarrassment of Big Name riches, you're right.
  • I get Returnal and MoHun DLC in the same year, so i'm fine.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh there's like 2 or 3 big spuds per platform incoming. Which is more than enough. Quite nice actually.
  • Switch is doing just fine! Lots of games and plenty more to come. Stop whining Bob
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Bloody Bob, the root (vegetable) of all our problems.
  • I’m with Bob, the upcoming releases are full of text heavy jrpgs (no thanks)
    Kirby was so devoid of challenge it was boring and there doesn’t seem to be as many interesting indies coming through. Don’t trust them to deliver on Mario strikers after the utter mess of Mario golf.
    Feels like the machine has run its course somewhat
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    When you own all the consoles (and PC) you really don't want lots of games per machine. One or two a year will do me just fine. Third party and GamePass can fill in any gaps.
  • Yeah monster Hunter and Metroid did it last year but don’t see anything on the horizon this year
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Personally, I can do with no new releases on any console for a good couple of years.  That might be enough for me to catch up on a few games, although the long list of backlog/Pile O' Shame runs to tens of games.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Switch in our house gets booted up when >1 are gathered for gaming. That doesn't happen as much nowadays which explains its light use. But I love the local MP on it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I split my time pretty evenly between my Switch and my laptop. Currently thrashing Ys IX on my Switch and Master Chief Collection via Steam.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Yeah, Bob! Y0dIqXZ.jpeg

I'll fight Kerr's Pink Bob first!
  • Mario Film is also delayed now to spring 2023.

Good time to go full Nintendo PR with Breath of the wild 2 and switch 2…

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!