Nintendo Switch
  • Tell me more about the card under the stick trick. I have 2 that are drifting currently, coincidentally shortly after letting my children be more hands on with the Switch.
  • In other news, I've bought XC3 too. I haven't got into a JRPG since DQ11 on the Switch, but the XC2 was an all-timer for me.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Here are the video instructions:

My stick-drift was so bad that one layer of card didn’t do the job, so I opened it back again and added a second layer. Now it works perfectly.
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've got 6 sets of joycon currently getting various degrees of drift being fixed for free at Nintendo.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Not the peeps playing 50-200hr RPGs surely.

Guess it depends on the person. I know guys who are still pumping in 5-6 hours every night. It's not for me that's for sure, I've completely removed myself from that environment.
  • Yeah true, I expect some people love the whoppers and hate the tiddlers too. Thinking about it, RPG fans probably don't want shorter games at all, as getting lost in a huge adventure is presumably a big part of the appeal.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I've got 6 sets of joycon currently getting various degrees of drift being fixed for free at Nintendo.

This highlights the extent of the problem and the galling nature of the free fix lottery system for me.
  • The card trick is to get out your credit card and buy a DS4 and 8bitdo adapter (with otg cable for use without the dock).
  • Done about an hour on XC3. So far so xenoblade!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    How unbearable are the voices?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Yeah true, I expect some people love the whoppers and hate the tiddlers too. Thinking about it, RPG fans probably don't want shorter games at all, as getting lost in a huge adventure is presumably a big part of the appeal.

Aye, specially people with lots of free time.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

This highlights the extent of the problem and the galling nature of the free fix lottery system for me.

Is it a lottery? I never once anticipated paying for them, and I've just had a message to say they'll be back on Monday via UPS. The problem is fucking real tho, and it'll be like the wiiu pad battery in 5 years. Time to stock up on new joycons for the ebaying. Assuming climate change hasn't killed us all by 2030.
  • How unbearable are the voices?

Incredibly.

It's weird, I think the voice actors are actually ok, maybe it's the scripting or the directing that makes it sound so hammy. One of them keeps saying something very innuendoey and one keeps saying something about a lightsaber.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Are those "meh meh meeeeeeh" cunts in it?
  • There's only one so far and he's just got a normal voice, still worded like a cunt though.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    That said, if I buy a copy of this, and new JoyCons like a mug,
    Is this because of stick-drift? If so have tried the card-under-the-stick trick? It works like a charm.

&

Raiziel wrote:
    Here are the video instructions *snip*

Cheers, man. I'll take a look at that.

My right JoyCon also has some weird power issue though. Can't use it for multiplayer somehow. 
    Absolute bag of dicks, that.

Ninty. Smh.

I should have learnt from the NES 'blow into the cart' days
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

Is it a lottery? I never once anticipated paying for them, and I've just had a message to say they'll be back on Monday via UPS. The problem is fucking real tho, and it'll be like the wiiu pad battery in 5 years. Time to stock up on new joycons for the ebaying. Assuming climate change hasn't killed us all by 2030.

I was quoted a fixing fee a couple of years ago (admittedly the joycons in question had been fixed once for free within the first 12 months). Other badgers have been charged (optimark iirc?). Plus various wider internet folks complaining.

Perhaps they've softened their stance and they've gotta fix them all these days, but there used to be a luck of the draw element to chasing it up. They seem quite shy to announce that they're willing to free fix all drift issues anyway.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Not the peeps playing 50-200hr RPGs surely.
    Guess it depends on the person. I know guys who are still pumping in 5-6 hours every night. It's not for me that's for sure, I've completely removed myself from that environment.

I did that (well, avergae of 3 hours a day anyway for two months) with Elden Ring.  To the detriment of sleep, gym, and family time.  Haven't played anything else since then but I'm not titally fussed.  I've learnt to live with not being able to everything I want to.  Only so many hours in the day and there are far far better things to do than videogames.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    what have you become elf you're our resident shit game tat enthusiast stop this chat
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Yeah true, I expect some people love the whoppers and hate the tiddlers too. Thinking about it, RPG fans probably don't want shorter games at all, as getting lost in a huge adventure is presumably a big part of the appeal.

You could probably condense the 2D JRPG gameplay loop into a 15-20 hour game these days - Phantasy Star has had a couple of re-releases that cut the grind and reduce it to 15 hours and Chrono Trigger was only 25-ish hours for a basic playthrough back in the day. I don't think you could do a Xenoblade-style exploration based 3D JRPG that runs less than 40 hours. I did a scant basic playthrough of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age with relatively judicious use of the fast-forward feature (because I'd already played the original PS2 version) and that still came out at around 40.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    How big was the first episode of the FF7 remake?

Edit - And yeah, Moot is right. There's still an audience out there, but is it growing or shrinking. I'm guessing it's shrinking.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

I was quoted a fixing fee a couple of years ago (admittedly the joycons in question had been fixed once for free within the first 12 months). Other badgers have been charged (optimark iirc?). Plus various wider internet folks complaining.

Perhaps they've softened their stance and they've gotta fix them all these days, but there used to be a luck of the draw element to chasing it up. They seem quite shy to announce that they're willing to free fix all drift issues anyway.

For some of these bad boys it's their second time round. Was there not a big case about them?
  • I've seen talk of lawsuits but I'm not sure if there's been any sort of ruling as of yet.
  • I'm also active on a whittling forum and it baffles me how those guys find the time.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Love that whittle life
  • It's genuinely a hobby I hope to explore when I'm done with all the games.
  • Gaming is a hobby I hope to explore when I’m done with life. Can’t wait for them retirement gaming sessions. We should get a badger retirement home set up.
  • what have you become elf you're our resident shit game tat enthusiast stop this chat

I blame old age.
  • How big was the first episode of the FF7 remake?

Edit - And yeah, Moot is right. There's still an audience out there, but is it growing or shrinking. I'm guessing it's shrinking.

Probs about 25 hours depending on how much grinding you did in the arena etc.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • That’s about the length of OG FFVII!

Edit: wait, no. I think it took me 44hrs. Can’t remember if that was with grinding and seeing almost everything, or just normal playthrough.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!