The Cowboy Thread.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Thanks g. I got the money back after 3 days of phone calls to wonga the police and my bank.
    Thank fuck!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeeee ha!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Ha I don't think I've ever been this disappointed after checking a thread's OP. Shocking stuff.
  • My work here is done
    The Forum Herald™
  • Hulka T wrote:
    Best thread evar!!

• A few years back our building (semi-detached split into 3 flats) had some collapsed sewers at the back of the property.  This caused a massive flood of raw sewage into our lower ground floor where we have 2 bedrooms and a bathroom.  We had to dig up the entire back yard and drop both boundary walls between the back street and to next doors property to access and then replace them.  This turned into a very, very expensive buildings insurance claim (so much so that most insurers refused to quote for about 3 years).  There was also a contents insurance claim with a different company to replace all the wiring and carpets in the bottom floor

The insurers appointed their own company to perform the work.  None of the flats were allowed to run water or sewage out of the property for several days.  The insurers company replaced all the pipework and gave us the all clear to recommence flushing the toilets, using the shower, dishwasher etc.

Cue another massive flood of raw sewage into the lower ground floor after all the carpets and wiring had been replaced.  United Utilities turned up, dropped the rebuilt walls, and redug the hole.  The insurers company had not connected the sewer pipe to the main sewer and had just left it to outflow directly into the ground.  This would have taken them about 5 seconds to do.  I had point blank asked the foreman if he had connected it to the mains and whether it was ok to use and he just outright lied to my face.

United Utilities were apoplectic as all the liquid had created voids around their infrastructure (and their workmen had to work in raw sewage).  Our contents insurance company took legal action against the buildings insurance company as they had to pay out twice.  I still cannot believe that a company could charge tens of thousands of pounds for extensive work and then not carry out the final act to complete it.  Their response was that it was not their responsibility to do the connection although 95% of where the connection was still within our property line.  They went to the trouble to fill in the hole, re-concrete the area, and rebuild both walls knowing that it was not connected and would all have to be taken down/demolished.
  • good post! What do you think of the world cup in Qatar?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Their breakfasts look shit.
  • I thought this thread was going to be about Westerns.  Imagine my disappointment.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    What a shit thread.
  • Some old names here though. RIP Mostly Harmless. :(
  • Aye, he was a good man Mos. Dearly missed.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Getting this back on to the track we all want it on, The English is really fucking good if oddly saturated.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yar, finished it last week and enjoyed it. It does look fucking weird, though. The grass looks alien.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!