Creative Writer
  • FFS I thought we had a spam filter here
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Sweet page turn

That's an accolade usually reserved for Page 100.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Hey guys, I went live with this project this morning. Fierce Edge If anyone would care to critique it, I'd appreciate any feedback at all.
    Thanks again for Tiger for helping with the Bounty Hunter narrative!

You sit in the viewing port, watching warp ships’ engines flare as they emerge from the landing bay. Their lights dwindle as the ships disappear into the dark.  Venturing into the unknown has never grown old. You remember your first steps into the stars with barely a flak jacket to your name and the first bounty you brought home.
    Bringing two fingers to your temple against your helmet you tap twice. Colourful digits appear before you.
    ++NEURAL INTERFACE ACTIVE / DIAGNOSTICS RUNNING_
    ++HEARTBEAT: 52BPM. NORMAL.
    ++BLOOD PRESSURE READING: 112/73MMHG. NORMAL.
    ++02 SATURATION: 99%. NORMAL.
    ++TEMPERATURE: 36.2C. NORMAL.
    ++COMBAT RATING: DEADLY_
    “Commander Jameson?” You tap your temple again and the interface vanishes. It's a young freebooter, fresh faced. A recent hire and still bearing a 'Mostly Harmless' rating. “Yes?” “Your ship’s ready.” You rise, a smile growing across your lips. Your E.V.A. enhanced power armour creaks comfortingly, the servos hissing a warning to passers-by. They step back and watch you stride past; few bounty hunters can afford such quality. Adventure and unlimited opportunity awaits you Bounty Hunter. Use your wits, luck, skill and courage and claim the greatness that is yours.
    Is there a reason that there are no pictures of what you are actually selling Lester? Other than that it seems sound.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Cheers g.man. 

I'm just updating the blog now to explain it. I've got a photoshoot booked at the end of the month and one that's complete I'll upload them. That should make what we do much more easier to understand. Thanks for the view!
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Aye jolly good. It looks nice to me anyway, but I certainly wouldn't buy something online that I hadn't seen a tonne of pictures of, so I'm glad that's in hand.
  • G if you promise to wear it and share a pic of it here I will definitely buy one of what Lester's selling for you.
  • Sure, I'm something of a fashion icon anyway. Why only yesterday a young foreign girl with a camera stopped me in the street and explained in pigeon English that she was a fashion student working on a project, and could she take my photo?
    Expect to see me on billboards taking the piss out of my appearance very soon. :D
  • Don't listen to Funk. He's been asking me too many times online for photos.

Fierce-Edge-Sneak-Peak-Dre-Groce-Cyborg-02_large.jpg?7045922524213207298
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • I'd wear that. Does it come with a corset?
  • That's Cyborg, right?

That one's my favourite because of the special crotchal enhancement features
  • Thanks g.man! 

Yep Funk, that's Cyborg.

A cybernetically enhanced body, your subconscious boosted by state of the art chip-sets and all brought together by the nuance of a conditioned human brain.
    You're jacked up to the eye balls with technology and you have the fastest reflexes money can buy. You're faster, stronger, smarter, better. You represent the perfect fusion of mind and machine. Human limitation is gone. You are Cyborg, the next step in human evolution and nothing can stand in your way.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • I would have closed the site on load because of the mailing list popup, if I hadn't been looking out of interest because it's yours.

I was utterly confused as to what the products were, maybe you should metion that somewhere more prominent. Unless "compression base-layers" makes sense to people that would buy these shirts, of course.

Other than that, pretty good.
  • AJ wrote:
    I was utterly confused as to what the products were, maybe you should metion that somewhere more prominent. Unless "compression base-layers" makes sense to people that would buy these shirts, of course. Other than that, pretty good.
    Yes, that. Something that tells you it's a site that sells clothes in the first few seconds would be handy. Preferably at the top of every page, but definitely the main one.
  • It took me a good 5 minutes to work out what you were selling, and even then I'm not 100% sure.

I didn't get a mailing list pop up though.
  • Thanks guys, I really need to hear this. Yep it's not immediately obvious at the moment, but one the photos hoot is complete I'll replace the imagery so it will be very apparent at first glance.

I'm really mixed about the pop up. On one hand, I don't particularly like them. On the other hand, almost every authority on online marketing advise that they're essential. I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks with sign ups vs views.

Thanks again for taking the time to check it out.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • I want to see the photo hoot.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Awesome stuff, L. x
  • I don't know how you creative writers do it. If I budget 3 hours to write a blog, 2 hours of that is dicking around doing everything I can to distract myself from actually writing. 

The site is almost fully Live now, with some upgrades from people's kind criticisms from last time. www.fierceedge.com
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • I don't know how you creative writers do it. If I budget 3 hours to write a blog, 2 hours of that is dicking around doing everything I can to distract myself from actually writing.

Yup. That's pretty much how I do it!
  • Whhhhhaaaa...?! I wanted you to tell me some magic!
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • I like your site, btw. Keep an eye on it whenever I see it mentioned on Fbook.
  • Thanks man! Grrrrr... 

I can't do coffee after midday though because it really wrecks my sleep!
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Hey man. I thought I'd just update to where I am today since posting and to let everyone who made suggestions know that I appreciated them and have incorporated most of them. 

Since when this started as a really dorky project for myself, I've managed to sell to complete strangers from Japan, Russia and the USA. Tracking where hits are coming from, most of the countries I only knew as words really. I was aware of which continent they were on but now I know exactly where they are!

At launch, the site was pretty clumsy and didn't make much sense unless you were me. This was because I didn't have any photos of the kit and I didn't really know what I was doing. The latter mostly. I put all of the garments into big collections Cyborg, Bounty Hunter, Bar-Belle, Pixel-Paladin and expected total strangers to take the time and effort to understand what was going on. To correct this I sorted everything into Men / Ladies / Theme collections and also created and extra collection for leggings. Ladies love leggings! Men wear leggings too, I just call these spats!

Site navigation, I sorted out he navigation bar which was double stacked originally, awful I know. I moved the Purchase buttons right to the top above the descriptions and photos so it's easier to buy. Health Blog I moved to the footer so it's more discete. I've had to take a break from this because it was so time consuming. One thing I'm super envious of is people who have weeks ood content scheduled in advance. I'm happy that I have tomorrow's stuff thought of before midnight.

Once I had the photos I thought that was it, but then I worked out after my third photoshoot that the photographer should definitely not fill the frame because that dictates the size of the picture on your site. I reshot a ton of stuff so I could edit all the pictures into nice 1,020 x 1,020 squares perfect for Instagram and also maintaining consistency on site.

Video, I've learned video! Mostly using my smartphone and Windows Moviemaker. I brought a bunch of extra clip on lenses, LED lights and a microphone. The same principles of stills photography (where my background is) generally carry over so the toughest thing I have with video is the time. Usually I film about 3-4 hours and cut it down to 1 minute. 

I'm keeping the white on black theme as it's pretty standout but I'll probably overhaul the site at some point to see if it makes any difference. On suggestion I'm trying to make the Health Blog white on black but it's going to be tricky doing this for just one part. I've made a recent change of link colours to red. It works better aesthetically for the site but I'm not sure if red signals danger don't click...

The pop-up. It annoyed some people, but there's no getting around it that pop-ups work for gathering email. I disabled mine for a while and was surprised by the amount of subscribers I was still getting. I've customised it and switched it back on yesterday so it only pops up after 20 seconds. Call this A/B testing. Why are emails so important? Largely because I will own the emails and I will be able to speak directly to people who have volunteered this information. At any point Facebook, Instagram could shut me down or implode or whatever and then I'm left with nothing and I'll have to start all over again.

Most annoying thing about this project. People who don't want to pay. It's incredible. I actually think I would have broken even by now if every entitled dick who wanted free gear actually paid for it. Some guys are so crazy they even demand that I pay them to wear my gear and we're not talking about big names. On the other side of the coin, I do get messages from people who like the gear and want to chat. It's quite weird because I'm not really a chatting to strangers person and I'm talking as Fierce Edge using 'we' but after a couple of days it's like fuck it and start chatting as myself. The tone doesn't change at all, but it's me chatting instead.

There's still a ton of stuff to do but anyway enough text, here's some gear on Instagram.

EDIT: 

Also using Instagram well for marketing is incredibly awkward and my 3G usage has gone up from around 20mb each day to around 100! 

You can see more at@

Fierce Edge home.
    Youtube
    Facebook
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Been following your progress on Facebook, it's been awesome to see photos of people rocking the gear and getting so much attention.  Cracking work mate, keep pushing it!
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Thanks Billy! :)
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • I'm not sure I'd ever buy anything from it, but I've given it a like on Facebook because it looks cool.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I'm not sure I'd ever buy anything from it, but I've given it a like on Facebook because it looks cool.

Thanks Tempy, every little helps with social media algorithms.

aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Hey guys, I'm doing some testing at the moment. I've overhauled the my site so it's black on white now and purged all the blog categories so there's only a handful now. What do you think? Fierce Edge  Really interested if anyone finds it terrible or it makes them want to immediatley click out.

More images I need to add and I need to re-organize the menus and a bunch of other minor things. 

(also managed to get the EE Business deal - 10Gb/month for £15! Damned thing is faster than my BT Infinity!)

Video of hot girl in tight workout clothes because everyone likes that sort of stuff.

PS. I'm looking for an artist now who can work in Vector .AI if anyone knows anyone?
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!