regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The Momos are gone rejoice
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I've got 50 11 year olds visiting High school for the first time today so shove it. This is Warfare.

Is that the size of your year groups, Reg?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nope, they're about 180-220 across six year groups. We have about 1200 kids.
  • I had a long morning of gymnastics and parachute games with the reception class.
    Much coffee was needed. Laughed my tits off when one kid tried a forward roll and basically launched himself forwards onto his face
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Did you laugh in his now very flat face?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Lucky you. Got ALOT to do today.

Could, not should- I had to walk 2.5 miles to work and navigate a live network, pulling out wires, plugging some in, creating network rules, SSL keys, imaging Blender rendering slaves, testing the outside could see the inside, destroy it all and rebuild, learn about some tech I've not used before and design an implementation to roll out for Friday. Off work tomorrow but in uni. Rock and roll.

I should go bed right now, but it's not a must so I won't.

Eurgh.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I've got code club for kids tomorrow night- won't finish till 7pm! Should be the highlight of the week though. I really should check the class notes to make sure I know what they're doing, I must check the class notes before the class...
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    As is my reverse life. I am now in bed. Can not function for rest of evening
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Stay in bed as long as you need today tempy, you'll need your energy tonight.

I set my alarm for 6 today to go for a swim before work, I didn't get out of bed until gone 8 :-(
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Stay in bed as long as you need today tempy, you'll need your energy tonight.

I set my alarm for 6 today to go for a swim before work, I didn't get out of bed until gone 8 :-(

f60287d97b051f189824c7c38581376c.gif
  • I have a 10am lecture tomorrow, tonight is going to be dangerous
  • I fucking stink out loud at getting up on time. I'm going to have to read some articles about better waking up practices.

I usually wake before my alarm, but like an idiot instead of getting up I stay in bed, then when my alarm does go off I'm all groggy and drowsy. I am the worst.

Wait I probably don't need an article, I just need to try what I just said.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Can't remember if I mentioned this in a previous post in this thread, but I'm beginning to think that I don't need as much sleep as I believed.

7 hours is the sweet spot for me. If you can force yourself to get up when you first wake up naturally (before alarm is quite common for me), you'll feel better all day. At least, I do.
  • I'd like to point out I woke at 11am after telling my alarm to snooze from 8-9:30 today and also I am still in bed cos it is cold
  • If it helps, I woke up at 6:15, alarm was set for 6:30. Then I just hit snooze until just gone 8 like an absolute twat.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I had to get up at 7:30 for the decorator today, I don't feel well.
  • My first alarm goes off at 3am and I tag in for the wife for baby overwatch duties, where I may catch another hour or two of snoozing. Next alarm is 6am and have to tag back then get up, walk dog and drive to work on dark country roads.
    Like an addicted fuckwit, I've been playing Dying Light til about 10 or 11pm each night, so some days I'm functioning on maybe 5 hours sleep. About one night a week I'll be shattered and head straight to bed after baby storytime and am asleep by 9pm though.
  • I have been reading until 2am most nights TBH, this book is 2gd
  • djchump wrote:
    My first alarm goes off at 3am and I tag in for the wife for baby overwatch duties, where I may catch another hour or two of snoozing. Next alarm is 6am and have to tag back then get up, walk dog and drive to work on dark country roads. Like an addicted fuckwit, I've been playing Dying Light til about 10 or 11pm each night, so some days I'm functioning on maybe 5 hours sleep. About one night a week I'll be shattered and head straight to bed after baby storytime and am asleep by 9pm though.

Shiftwork for the baby is hard, man, I respect what you're doing. How old, can I ask? My boy's one and half and we have to wake him up at weekends because he loves sleeping now, but in the first few months it was as you described, I was in a twilight zone of work, insomnia and gaming at strange times to stay awake for the baby.
  • Woah you wake the baby up??? What is this madness

Erik's pushing two years in a bit, and he sleeps 8 till 7 almost every night, including weekends. I wish he'd sleep on a Sunday!

Our first year, after the hell of the first few months, were actually pretty easy - he slept in our bed, which kept him apparently happy and quiet. Sylvia could feed him whilst asleep.
  • @Funk Yeah man we have to or I'd never see him! he'll easily go 7pm till 11am which is ridiculous. Then in the week I don't see much of him. My other half doesn't work on Wednesdays, so leaving them both sleeping soundly once a week like today is a bitch. On the other weekdays, at 8am when I get up, other half has had a shower and is doing her makeup etc. By the time I'm showered and ready to leave at half past, still asleep.

I guess his father is something of a Trashbaby of the OP's kin though, before I had to set an alarm for the sole purpose of getting money, I slept 2-4am till 11-2pm. If my life suddenly reset I'm sure I'd find that natural again.
  • Fell asleep at 9pm due to hangover and just woke up, gret.
  • Geez a year and a half already Spec. How time flies.

What book you reading T?
  • Up again nice and early though I found today to be a real slog, alarm went off at 6 and had to drag my ass up and out. Second coffee of the morning though and I'm feeling fine. Spent my morning doing some work on my new website and prepping some marketing materials. Heading into the school in about 20 minutes
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Shiftwork for the baby is hard, man, I respect what you're doing. How old, can I ask?
    She's 9 months and the sleep is starting to slowly settle down with the weaning and solids (or just as she grows up).
    My boy's one and half and we have to wake him up at weekends because he loves sleeping now, but in the first few months it was as you described, I was in a twilight zone of work, insomnia and gaming at strange times to stay awake for the baby.
    Yeah, a lot of the advice seems to be that she'll just grow out of it so we're just getting on with getting on ;-)
  • I could barely get up today. I need to leave at the latest 7:15, and I didn't get out of bed until 6:55. I wish I'd not got up.
  • I am so hungover today that I got up at about 6am, and then again at about 8am, and 9am, but still didn't get to my lecture at 10am because the world is teetering on the brink of disaster. Still, I feel serviceable now.
    Geez a year and a half already Spec. How time flies. What book you reading T?

V. by Pynchon, because I have a week until I need to read more renaissance bullshit.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Oh dear. To cheer you up I felt fine.
  • I should know better than drinking at the same pace as an Army Guy and a Professional Good Time Haver

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!