Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Are the system specs mental for this?

I may be intrigued if it'll run, having never played a Diablo before. All bout the loot innit.
  • They were posted up above.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ah shit I am mook.

Probably can't run it so will just rock Diablo 2 me thinks.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Chucking exploding frogs at things. No other class let you do dis. Roll Witch Doctor now.
  • Tempy wrote:
    The always on DRM is a bugger but Blizzard will never back down.

Once the dust has settled, it'll be interesting to see just how their sales have been affected by this DRM calamity.  In all honesty, probably not a jot but I share Wario's frustrations- I just wanna blitz singleplayer, not be shackled by this online nonsense.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Chucking exploding frogs at things. No other class let you do dis. Roll Witch Doctor now.
    I ADDED YOU WHERE ARE YOU

Blocks100 wrote:
    The always on DRM is a bugger but Blizzard will never back down.
    Once the dust has settled, it'll be interesting to see just how their sales have been affected by this DRM calamity.  In all honesty, probably not a jot but I share Wario's frustrations- I just wanna blitz singleplayer, not be shackled by this online nonsense.

I'm interested too, will it be another MW2 dedicated servers boycott scenario?

6e49368e85bd37eee55b92c4a1e63640.jpg
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    They couldn't monetise the auction house as securely without all the drm intrusions so it is what it is. 
    I generally seem to have a fairly stable internet connection here in london and if anyone could do it as stably as possible it'll be a dyed in the wool MMO dev like Blizz. 
    Lucky the game so far seems too good to worry about it for me. A few more crucial disconnects and it'll get all ranty I'm sure.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Sorry but be reductive but I've just watched a "What is Diablo" video and you're a little figure who runs through a dungeon smashing other little figures...and that's it?
  • Yup, just like those games where you play a man with a gun who goes around and shoots at other men with guns.

isanbard wrote:
    They couldn't monetise the auction house as securely without all the drm intrusions so it is what it is.  I generally seem to have a fairly stable internet connection here in london and if anyone could do it as stably as possible it'll be a dyed in the wool MMO dev like Blizz.  Lucky the game so far seems too good to worry about it for me. A few more crucial disconnects and it'll get all ranty I'm sure.

Did my FR come through?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Yeah but the little figures drop little thingies when you bash them and then you can have those little thingies and put them on your little dude and he'll bash the next dude a picosecond quicker.. and... and.. the bashing bit is really satisfying.

@Tempy Only just got in and am firing up now. Will go check...
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Yup, just like those games where you play a man with a gun who goes around and shoots at other men with guns.

Yes, I realise most games, especially the shooty man games, can be reduced down to something very simple and acknowledged I was doing just that. Mr Touchy.

I was just wondering why seemingly the entire world were shitting bricks over this one.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Because it's Diablo, one of the biggest PC franchises of all time.

Same as how the world seemingly does a circle jerk when a Halol is released.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Nostalgia then.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Pretty much. Although Diablo 2 still has a large worldwide player base afaik.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Yup, just like those games where you play a man with a gun who goes around and shoots at other men with guns.
    Yes, I realise most games, especially the shooty man games, can be reduced down to something very simple and acknowledged I was doing just that. Mr Touchy. I was just wondering why seemingly the entire world were shitting bricks over this one.

I wasn't being serious! Inability to convey tone on the web, eh?

DS is right, Diablo is one of the PC franchises. From the wiki: 

"Copies of Diablo: Battle Chest continue to be sold in retail stores, appearing on the NPD Group's top 10 PC games sales list as recently as 2010.[44] Even more remarkably, the Diablo: Battle Chest was the 19th best selling PC game of 2008[45] – a full seven years after the game's initial release – and 11 million users still play Diablo II and StarCraft over Battle.net.[46]"

Plus Diablo II came out in 2000 so its like waiting 12 years to the sequel to one of the games that put Blizzard on the map, like the wait between Starcraft and Starcraft 2. Heritage plays a big part I guess. I'm just in it for the lewt.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Nostalgia then.

To be fair, it pretty much invented the whole dungeon crawler genre.  Many imitators, no successors.    To use the FPS analogy again, it's like if Wolfenstein 3D somehow remained the only FPS worth playing today...and then someone released a sequel.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I ADDED YOU WHERE ARE YOU

Hmmm. I added you too over an hour ago. Nothing popped up? Nothing on my end. I thought you be working.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Pretty sure Starcraft 2 is online only and I never once had an issue with that, so I reckon once the launch window has passed it'll probably all run fine.
  • Just sent it again, off all week y'see.

I am on the Euro servers, I presume you are too?
  • Have downloaded this. Will try tomorrow - Shall make my character on a Euro server for co-op funtimes.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    This is insanely good. Just finished the first act. Story is proper old-school Diablo. Can't get enough of it tbh. If anyone wants to add me do so with this email address: [email protected]

:)
  • GUYS: Do double check your server settings or else you get stuck on a US server and effectively loose all your progress. Luckily you can have 10 characters per server and I was planning to use my Demon Hunter to solo. Not that annoying now.
  • installing now, if anyone wants to add me then use [email protected]
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Had a good blast on this just now.Shame I cant join all my mates on this as im just a lowly starter edition user.
    I still cant believe my low spec laptop runs it and runs it well,Apart from small text its golden.

Rolling with a demon hunter as it suits my style better.Might try join some games with other starters tonight.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • I can't believe that i have had this installed for 3 hours now and I can't even log in... :-(
  • Any spare codes guys? I'd love to try it out.
  • Thanks, Tempy. Much appreciated!
  • This is my experience of Diablo. Admittedly I am only 3 hours in but so far its boring as shit!

ScreenShot2012-05-15at182908.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!