Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • A lot of the witnesses for the prosecution have been saying this is homicide and that the guy was killed by Chauvin restraining him with he knee on the back of his neck for 9 minutes.

However the defence team has trotted out a succession of clowns who are arguing all the dumbest shit like, well if he just complied and got in the cop car he would be fine so it's his fault he was asphyxiated on the street while a crowd of onlookers begged/threatened the cops to get off his neck.

You would hope that this will be an easy call for the jury, but this is America and their cops are frequently acquitted on charges.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I think it needs a unanimous decision from the jury for him to be found guilty too? It doesn't seem hard to imagine at least one person in that group will opt for a not guilty take.

I think I'll be most surprised if he is found guilty of anything.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • It'll be manslaughter at most, treated like an industrial accident. This is America.
  • He will be let off the worst charges for sure.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Decision has been reached (in 4 hours) and they should be announcing in the next hour or so.
  • Manslaughter no doubt.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Could be 2nd degree murder. It was certainly a fast decision.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Verdict: guilty 2nd degree. Guilty 3rd degree. Guilty manslaughter.

A surprise but a welcome one.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fuck for all 3

He looks confused.
  • Shocked. Hopefully this makes police reconsider some of their tactics.

To get unanimous verdict on the worst of the counts is ridiculous.
  • I like to think they just watched that video and immediately realise why it’s so traumatising.

Them saying he could of been faking and they were able to use more extreme force if they wanted... the man died literally crying out to his dead mother. Sick fucks deserve the chair.
  • I'm a wee bit confused - how does he get a guilty verdict in all three charges? I havent really followed the case because, to be honest, the guilt was obvious. But I would have thought once you are guilty of 2nd Degree Murder, the rest aren't needed?
    SFV - reddave360
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Huzzah
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I'm a wee bit confused - how does he get a guilty verdict in all three charges? I havent really followed the case because, to be honest, the guilt was obvious. But I would have thought once you are guilty of 2nd Degree Murder, the rest aren't needed?
    They consider them separately and the charges get merged into the worst offence.
  • Well done America.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • monkey wrote:
    I'm a wee bit confused - how does he get a guilty verdict in all three charges? I havent really followed the case because, to be honest, the guilt was obvious. But I would have thought once you are guilty of 2nd Degree Murder, the rest aren't needed?
    They consider them separately and the charges get merged into the worst offence.

Yeah - but surely if he is guilty of murder he cant be guilty of manslaughter? I mean, no one is going to mind that this prick gets charged with all three but I thought that Third Degree Murder and Manslaughter were generally the same thing.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I think they need to consider them individually because of appeals and what not. If he appeals and wins against the worst murder offence he gets off scot free if they don’t have other guilty verdicts. But I don’t know what differences there are between the offences.
  • monkey wrote:
    I think they need to consider them individually because of appeals and what not. If he appeals and wins against the worst murbut der offence he gets off scot free if they don’t have other guilty verdicts. But I don’t know what differences there are between the offences.

That does make a bit more sense alright. I'm sure he will appeal unfortunately.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Pleasantly surprised.
  • Now stomp on the rest of them.
  • That Pelosi quote reads like a shitpost, amazing work.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    I think they need to consider them individually because of appeals and what not. If he appeals and wins against the worst murbut der offence he gets off scot free if they don’t have other guilty verdicts. But I don’t know what differences there are between the offences.

That does make a bit more sense alright. I'm sure he will appeal unfortunately.

The second degree one is about the fact he assaulted Floyd, the third is about endangering lives and the manslaughter one is about intent There's some differentials between them. The jury basically said he did all three.
  • Brooks wrote:
    That Pelosi quote reads like a shitpost, amazing work.

Just looked this up Jesus H
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    ‘Thank you jury’ you mean Nancy. Jeez.

Touching phone call to Floyd’s family from Biden. Isn’t it lovely that orange turd is no longer POTUS.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Nah she meant what she said. Fucking idiot.
  • 16 year old black girl shot dead by police as the verdict was read out. Body Cam footage has been released.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Watching the body cam footage it does appear that she was seconds away from stabbing another girl.
  • Yeah we'll have to wait for the full bodycam stuff to be released, I'm confused why the cop didnt use a tazer? Like the two girls were right next to each other, in a scuffle, and he shoots anyway? He's lucky he didn't miss. 

He shouted at her to get on the ground repeatedly, could have just gone in himself, it's a 16 year old girl not fucking She Hulk my man. I know people will say "It's not the cops job to get shot/stabbed while on duty" cool, it's not the member of public being attacked responsibility to take a knife wound either while you're there on the scene already to protect and serve, you melon. 

Even then, where was the tazer bro? Fuck he could have just pepper sprayed them both or some shit, even the tazer would surely have been a risk of hitting the other person as well?

I really want to remain level headed but it's very difficult to not feel like these guys are looking for any excuse to use their guns when this happens.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I think part of their training is if there is an imminent threat to life then the use of deadly force is justified.
  • If you equip officers with guns they are going to use them in situations like that one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!