MK's weekday Question - 102
  • I never reached the last boss on Ninja Gaiden 2. For me it was the first bloody boss.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Hardest bosses must be ikaruga, no idea how many times I died just trying to learn the next cunt after the last to get through the whole thing. Only had one go since getting past it all and gave up after failing on the first difficulty spike.

Also don't really want to run into That Arachnid, in That Rectangle room in Vanquish on any difficulty above normal ever again.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I am confused as to which boss you mean on Vanquish?
  • I never reached the last boss on Ninja Gaiden 2. For me it was the first bloody boss.

Thanks for helping me our with the witcher on blurum, I physically couldn't post there to say that, so I joined here. I found the dude past the stone thing, then the chapter ended, d'oh
  • Which console or computer generation step do you think has been the most influential or important and why?

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • honestly, the current, cause of internets
  • N64, been downhill ever since.
  • Have to go with Gunn. I think this gen has changed gaming forever more than any other, due to online element involved. Before generation gaps were better graphics, more power which lead to more complex game design. This generation had the same but also introduced online gaming like never before. Sure the Dreamcast had the ability to go online, PC gaming has had it for years and the Oldbox made the effort, but the 360 having Live has completely altered the landscape for gaming. Both for good and bad.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Snes cos it was the best.
  • The rot began after the Spectrum died.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Mouldywarp wrote:
    Every J-RPG ever has to have one boss about 20 hours into the game that is actually impossible so that they can put "40+ hours of gameplay!" on the box but only have to make 20 hours of game.
    The only JRPG I've ever really given a proper go was Lost Odyssey. I was frustrated at the random battle gameplay and realised that it wasn't really for me but I decided I would at least press on and get it finished. After much hair-pulling I finally got to the last boss and saw absolutely no way that I could beat him. Online guides seemed to suggest I hadn't leveled up enough and would need to do some level grinding. Fuck that.
  • Part of the JRPG fun.

Same for action RPGs really, if you just go through the main bit and don't go off and collect stuff to improve your health/weapons/whatever, then you'll have difficulty.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I am confused as to which boss you mean on Vanquish?

Maybe not an act boss, essentially no cover bar a few concrete blast barriers, a bunch of NPCs and Arachnid.  The beast has to smash the walls of the room to get in to it. There's hardly any powerups / guns. I think you get to it after some uphill thing.

Had a scan of a walkthrough but couldn't find it.

edit: the arachnid mo-fo is chasing you...I nearly gave up- couldn't clock it without dying. Took some time to get by it. Blah blah whinge whinge.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • At the time, Super Mario Land on the GB, final boss. Me and my bro would double team it, one would play the game normally whilst the other would continuously press the start button creating a slo-mo effect (a rudimentary action replay if you will). Bad ass.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    honestly, the current, cause of internets

Bang on. Chatting with people in a party while playing different games is the bollocks, and the integration of online into mainly single player games such as Demon's Souls has been a major leap forward in how we play games.
  • monkey wrote:
    Snes cos it was the best.

Mainly this.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Tearjerker, massive Edge darling spoiler, be warned

Hardest boss, Ikaruga 4, I would say 5 but I don't know yet, never got that far
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Which console or computer generation step do you think has been the most influential or important and why?

master system/nes generation.

although there were consoles of sorts (vic-20, atari2600),
    this for me at least is when the console boom happend with the likes of sonic and mario making it popular.
    its been great and easy for most nearly every family to have a console under there t.v and has made videogames more mass media and more acceptable.
    id say for me this is when the console generation grew from and has been great since.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Sonic was a popularised by the Megadrive. Apart from that minor niggle though, I kind of agree. The control pads were a pretty epic step forward. On the other hand, though, modern consoles are becoming more like PCs and popular console games are becoming more like PC games, so it was all for nought, really.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Bit of a silly one today, there are plenty of games which have animals in but can you name a game which has a PIG in it?

(doesn't have to be the lead character)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Flickpig on iOS.

It's by Yuji Naka.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Hogs of War.

Duke Nukem (weren't the guards, pigs?)

Angry Birds.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Beyond Good & Evil, obviously.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Mouldywarp wrote:
    Sonic was a popularised by the Megadrive. Apart from that minor niggle though, I kind of agree. The control pads were a pretty epic step forward. On the other hand, though, modern consoles are becoming more like PCs and popular console games are becoming more like PC games, so it was all for nought, really.

Not popularised by, released on. There was a MS port later on. The MS 'mascots' (or as close as it got) were Alex Kidd early on, Wonder Boy a bit later and, briefly, Opa-Opa.
  • I dare say more people know Sonic from the Megadrive launch than the Master System though.
  • Angry Birds?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You have to kill the pigs.
  • Pig Chase: a game that enables humans to play with an animal they normally only consume as meat. For pigs, humans are transformed into a source of entertainment.

http://www.playingwithpigs.nl/

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Bit of a silly one today, there are plenty of games which have animals in but can you name a game which has a PIG in it? (doesn't have to be the lead character)

datura,
    throw something at it and it opens a hole/portal to somewere else.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!