Cottage Industry.
  • Bet the package smelled lovely though.
  • Is this available to buy yet Moto? It's far better than the equivalent that I get regularly from Beardbase - much more moisturising. I'd be interested in the other flavours too, for comparisons sake - but the sooner you get it to market the better as far as I'm concerned - it's great stuff.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Bet the package smelled lovely though.

Very minty, and oily
  • Have you finished all flavours?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Is this available to buy yet Moto? It's far better than the equivalent that I get regularly from Beardbase - much more moisturising. I'd be interested in the other flavours too, for comparisons sake - but the sooner you get it to market the better as far as I'm concerned - it's great stuff.
    We have never been so busy with my main business and this has held us back slightly, I will send you a full set of 10ml gratis once I have them done.

Also thanks for the positive comment, it is nice to know that using good base ingredients shows in the final product.

Hodge360 wrote:
    Have you finished all flavours?
    I am slightly behind schedule but the room is ready, I am going to try and make up a batch of each flavour this weekend.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    :D :( Tough journey it seems.
    I will send you another bottle out when I make the next batch.

/gutted
  • Thanks mate, not sure what happened as Australia post repackaged it after it broke en route. Seemed a bit weird to rewrap an already broken bottle.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Thanks mate, not sure what happened as Australia post repackaged it after it broke en route. Seemed a bit weird to rewrap an already broken bottle.
    I put glass protecting netting around each bottle so to find out it didn't protect them is fucking annoying.

Something else to bear in mind when I ship items...
  • Yeah that netting was still on it. It seemed to cop a hit on one of the square corners near the bottle top.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Nearly finished the first batch of every 'flavour'.

My next thing is to try and decide which way to go with the 10ml bottles, whether to drop them all together or just do them as a set?

• Introductory offer: Buy a full size bottle and get a 10ml sampler of one or two other flavours free. First order only.

Also, do a boxed tester set for the Christmas period, but call it a ‘variety pack’.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Introductory offer: Buy a full size bottle and get a 10ml sampler of one or two other flavours free. First order only. Also, do a boxed tester set for the Christmas period, but call it a ‘variety pack’.
    I'd already thought of doing a 'variety pack' but I need to price up packaging, the normal plain brown wholesale box is costing a fortune because the of dies needed.

Good idea about the free samples.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Pretty much anywhere I buy eliquid from will chuck in a (usually 5ml) sample of another flavour with every order. TBH, I bin them, as eliquid is a bit of a fucker to chop & change with as you either have to switch heads or vape through some weird mix before you get to try the new flavour, but I could see it working better with this.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Pretty much anywhere I buy eliquid from will chuck in a (usually 5ml) sample of another flavour with every order. TBH, I bin them, as eliquid is a bit of a fucker to chop & change with as you either have to switch heads or vape through some weird mix before you get to try the new flavour, but I could see it working better with this.
    This is one of the reasons I wanted to get a dripper.

Have you tried Hodges Homebrew yet? It is my friend that owns it and it is going great guns by all accounts.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm currently happy with what I get from Paradise Vape. If I'm ever looking around for anything else, I'll give it a try.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I'm currently happy with what I get from Paradise Vape. If I'm ever looking around for anything else, I'll give it a try.
    What flavours do you go for?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Vanilla. It goes well with coffee, coke, beer and whisky. What else do you need?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    For a minute there I thought you were going to be in for a surprise when you got a sample!!
    Moto70 wrote:
    Have you tried Hodges Homebrew yet?
    Sssshhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It's getting closer to be ready, I have the room finished, a few of each essence made and now finalising the packaging.

This is when you wish you had money and no other commitments.

Photo%2001-08-2016%2017%2003%2003_zpsa23fobdd.jpg

Screengrab%20160813_zpsgjntwylo.jpg

Photo%2013-08-2016%2010%2055%2015%201_zps3weiokl0.jpg

Photo%2013-08-2016%2011%2053%2012_zpsd3wbefhh.jpg

Photo%2013-08-2016%2011%2057%2029_zpsfkg9hz7l.jpg
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Love that, looks great the semi transparent boxes
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • The blank semi transparent box showing the label on the bottle is pretty fucking genius.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Nice. Let us know when they're available to buy!
  • Love the packaging.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Nice. Let us know when they're available to buy!
    I have some here that I can send out, they will be retailing for £14.95 but I can do a Badgers deal of £9.95 while I wait for the packaging...
  • Been meaning to say, just as an update, the stuff is brilliant. I'm not using it everyday as I'm usually in a rush before work but if I'm heading out w/the ladypiece or going somewhere, I'll dab a bit on and its so great at giving just enough hold whilst still smelling great. The peppermint fragrance has weakened slightly, but still better than everything else I've tried.

Ever thought of going into beard shampoo, or wax etc?
  • Brilliant packaging dude, terrific idea and then great implementation.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Been meaning to say, just as an update, the stuff is brilliant. I'm not using it everyday as I'm usually in a rush before work but if I'm heading out w/the ladypiece or going somewhere, I'll dab a bit on and its so great at giving just enough hold whilst still smelling great. The peppermint fragrance has weakened slightly, but still better than everything else I've tried. Ever thought of going into beard shampoo, or wax etc?
    I have changed the labelling to reflect this. Apparently the pipette means that people tend to just use that and the bottle never gets shaken, because it lasts a while this means the oils have chance to start separating so a regular shake is needed to make sure that the oils remain adequately mixed.

The one good thing though is that bulk of the oil is made up from similar oils that do remain mixed and the actual aroma/essence oil is of such a low percentage of the overall product that it will still do the same job.

Yes I am thinking of looking into other areas but I am waiting to speak with my contact in the cosmetic trade to see what pointers she can give.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    I have some here that I can send out, they will be retailing for £14.95 but I can do a Badgers deal of £9.95 while I wait for the packaging...

What do I do to take advantage of this offer?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Vanilla. It goes well with coffee, coke, beer and whisky. What else do you need?

Vanilla goes with beer. Nope. Not unless you're having one that is very sweet and designed to have with desert, which are only drunk very occasionally.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    What do I do to take advantage of this offer?

Grow a beard.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!