The Tentative B&B Podgramme Thread
  • quite obviously Skerret IS Elmlea's wife, and your attempted cover up isn't fooling anyone.  or maybe you're like 'Mr and Mrs Smith' and you don't realise you're both on the same forum?  the plot thickens....
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm Skerret and so's my wife.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Two things make a great podcast.

The feel of the conversation, so the chemistry between hosts, humour, eloquence - an overall feeling of the audience being at home.

The second is the level of content. I don't really want to hear people bang on about things have little passion for. On the other hand, you want a lively discussion rather than a fanboy love-in, and I think that arises from having one contributor bringing somthing they are passionate to the table and the others questioning this.

So if you want someone to talk about fighting games, give me a shout : )
  • I could possibly be convinced to bray tiresomely in a fightman episode wherein I declare that all the new ones suck because x, y, z.
  • Well I mean really that goes for any genre (in pretty much any medium) but yknow
  • Opinion? I think you should decide on the game first (which looks like L4D2) and then ask for contributors. If you try to do it the other way around, that is potentially when it becomes exclusionary (although IMHO, we're all adults, grow a pair and give it a go rather than complain and whine about being left out).

I'll happily talk crap with people anytime Elm if we find a game I can talk about.

(I do honestly thing there should be a Dark Souls one sometime, with maybe one or two members who just gave up on it arguing their point.)
  • Would be delighted to get involved with this at some point. Listened to a couple of the old ones and enjoyed the banter, reckon it would carry over well to these ones.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    If you're looking for a good example of a spoiler-cast, check out 'Cane & Rinse'. For a podcast that picks one subject for each episode, try 1UP's 'Games Dammit!'.

C&R was cited as the main inspiration in the other thread; I think it's a nicely unique viewpoint.
  • Opinion? I think you should decide on the game first (which looks like L4D2) and then ask for contributors. If you try to do it the other way around, that is potentially when it becomes exclusionary

Yup, that'd be the ideal way to do it.  In the other thread, I imagined each episode would start with one brave person saying "I want to do an episode on GAME X, who's in?"  For the first one, I think it might have to happen the other way around as we want to get people who are very keen to actually try it out.

Borderlands/L4D/a combination it is, then, I think.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I was thinking how do we get some of us who aren't in this thing to be in this thing. Because of timing or lack of interest in the topics of the main thread...I was wondering if an arch could exist woven through a podcast. Let me explain.

So here you guys are going to do your topics as the spectaculars.
    Say just two people decide to have informal chat about something else and they record it.

That's about it. I am wondering how it'd work. If it'd work. I'm just interested. I might start recording some of my phonecalls and chopping the best bits out and then pasting them inside a drum and bass podcast to see how that goes down. I'll probably need a jingle to introduce the call and a jingle to introduce the main show...

I've been getting distracted by the arch idea for the past two days and had to note it here in the hope it goes away.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Is there really anything interesting to say about Borderlands?
  • Brooks wrote:
    Is there really anything interesting to say about Borderlands?

I think there's much to be said about four people's experiences playing Borderlands together on a friday evening. 

Borderlands itself is nothing spectacular - but I imagine the boys have some pretty great anecdotes about getting together to explore a new world, gameplay system, etc.

It's less about Borderlands/LfD and more about what happens, the types of relationships/bonds formed, why, how, who, when, etc.

IMO

@Beano I actually had that idea but didn't post it. The idea of another group maybe just shooting the shit about a completely different topic appeals - maybe to slice it into the podcast in a magazine style?

This adds content and gives a few different threads for people to listen to.
  • google wrote:
    Brooks wrote:
    Is there really anything interesting to say about Borderlands?
    I think there's much to be said about four people's experiences playing Borderlands together on a friday evening.

Yes fair enough.
  • L4D would be far more interesting than Borderlands, Blands is basically just "push forward and hold trigger to won, p'raps pick up some loot" we mainly just chatted about bollocks during.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yarp, nuffink serious was ever discussed, apart from Reg wanting to fist everyone in a drunken stupor.
  • I didn't assume that you guys would recite Proust while playing - however I'm sure there were a number of different interactions that took place that kept bringing you back. 

That's worth exploring.
  • Borderlands is driven by loot. Reg being incredibly drunk and vulgar was entertaining though.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Borderlands is driven by loot. Reg being incredibly drunk and vulgar was entertaining though.

Let's not spoil the discussion.

But the very fact that a singular loot heavy game that allowed 4 people to get together VERY often to talk shit and have fun is a pretty special thing.
  • True but I think we've ragged it to death now, Blands 2 comes out in September, that might be more appropriate? 

Not pissing in your cornflakes or anything, just think L4D2 is more interesting because it is much more reactive.
  • Tempy wrote:
    True but I think we've ragged it to death now, Blands 2 comes out in September, that might be more appropriate?  Not pissing in your cornflakes or anything, just think L4D2 is more interesting because it is much more reactive.
    OK.
  • Doing it by genre is a good idea, imo.
  • Couldn't do it only by genre, is too prescriptive.

Not that I'd expect anyone to stick much to a Script.
  • Yeah agreed, having a section loosely worked in can't hurt though.
  • So. Sunday? 11am pst?
  • Great. See you then.
  • I arranged a date through Match.com that went like this.
  • @ goog

Oh.... I thought you had a secret you wanted to tell me.
  • I do. Sunday. 11am.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    id love to be in on this though my experiences with l4d and borderlands arent enough to wax lyrical.
    if you need a guy to hate on arse crease...im your guy.....i thought it were absolutely shit and boring.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!