Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Hmmmmmm. Is there a next gen version out/announced?  If not then surely in time for Christmas?

Not announced at all, GTAO making money hand over fist. The community are wanting a RDR1 remaster and I agree with them, I never did the story on that, started it after finishing RDR2
    Spoiler:

...but I couldn't stomach the past gen gfx and mechanics. I'd love a next gen re-do of RDR1.

• The rumours are that they're doing next gen remasters of the early 3D GTAs, and if they're a success (lol "if"), they'll do RDR ones. But, it's all speculation. GTAO makes so much money that they aren't in a rush to do owt, is the feels.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll be your huckleberry, Nick. Not back home until Monday though. I'll be having none of that griefing nonsense though, well mannered white hats all the way
  • I've left that life behind me, I'm a reformed gunslinger. But I can still finish a fight if needed.

Mid week from ~7pm suits me just fine, just fine yes sir.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I could quite fancy an outing in the wild west next week.
  • I'll do some research into our options then, figure out the party system, no idea how it works atm. Would love a posse of mates.
  • Go on then.  What’re we all playing on or it is cross console?
  • It's not xplat by the looks of it :(

I'm still on your disc, Unc! I knew you'd regret sending that me at some point.
  • I'm on PS4. Not being xp is a bollocks.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Bummer, I'm Xbox.
  • Finally got into this after not being all that sure if I liked it it not. Once I got into the easy going, surprisingly chilled mindset that I think the game actually requires from you, I can't put it down. Getting the most joy from playing poker, hunting, fishing and just wandering around taking in the stunning sights.
    d3ce38e5-1084-4a29-918a-0ef582bc0c03.png
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yeah, I think you need to give it a load of space.  I’m sort of used to trying to plow through one game to get to the next but with this one you really just need to slowly amble about the place and just pick up a main quest every now and then.
  • Still loving this, it's such a great place to escape to.
  • It's in my top 3 ever, easily best game of the gen it released on. Fantastic. Sure the opening is a bit long but damn, once it gets you, brilliant. I wish I could play the story over again for the first time. Enjoy, Grem.
  • Apart from BotW it’s the only game I’ve ever really been happy to just aimlessly ramble through.
  • And yes it’s in my top whatever ever too.
  • I can't stop thinking about this game. The Witcher 3 is my all time favourite game but I never thought for a second that this would challenge it for the title. There's just so much...richness to the world - I rarely fast travel anywhere in car I miss something. Case in point, I decided to have a look at a farm house that I'd passed many timed before without a second thought. Turns out it was owned by an incestuous brother and sister who killed their mother and was into drugging and killing travelers who fell into their net. For such a small diversion, it was so brilliantly written, performed and executed.

I love this game.
  • Yes Grem.

Yes.

It's such an incredible game. The detail is second to none.

Have you finished the story?
  • What an absolute monster of a game, love it. It's in my 5 desert island games for sure but it may even be the single game I take if I had to take just one, such is the variety and expanse of it.
  • Preach it Grem. It's the Citizen Kane of games. Now we all know that not all games are for everyone.

Opinions are subjective and all that malarkey but RDR2 is an epic game the like of which we may never see again. The time, money and man hours that went into it's creation are unfathomable. The level of detail, AI, landscapes, stories, secrets, acting, characters, music, wildlife,
    weapons, dismemberment and the fire, omg the fun you can have with fire, combine to create a world you can escape into and become immersed in that is so far ahead of any other game I've ever played. It's a real slow burn to get into and you will spend the first 10 hours accidentally punching your horse and getting into gunfights you are unprepared for, but its not GTA on a horse. It's Deadwood the game and so much more. RDR2 is a game to be played at 5mph. You don't ever rush it to get to the end. You play it until you can smell it. Until you can taste it. You live in that camp for days on end. You carry the haybales slowly to the horses. You carry the grain to the kitchen wagon. All the while hearing the jokes and songs and arguements of the camp. It's a game you live rather than just play.

I tried telling the lads time and again to play it because they don't what they are missing and I'm glad you listened and now understand where I was coming from.

It just keeps getting better with every session. My stats say I'm up to 47 days and I've still not seen hundreds of its secrets and moments. It's the game of forever. It's the best godamn game ever made.

Yeehaw

Xbox - Boozy The Clown
    Forza4Lyfe
  • Plus, I had s bit of a Brokeback Mountain moment today:
    e49f9562-a5e3-4f0c-9103-dcc3f44fcfcb.png
  • Yee fucking haw. The game is in my head constantly without me even thinking of it. I play a track from it on my guitar every day as a warm up before playing (the same song each time, won't say which for fear of mild spoiler but can link if folks are interested, I do a shitty self arrangement but I love it).

I also rarely, if ever, fast travelled, where in other games I'd use ft all the time. In rd, why ft? I love just trotting along.

Can't find the words to explain how much I love this game, it made me cry real tears at a couple of points. I miss playing it for the first time.

I've actually got a new guy at work who worked on it starting soon, he's going to love me asking him all the questions, I'm sure.

If anyone's on PS and wants to mosey around in online, let me me know, never found rdro to get it's teeth into me, but would be well up for it with a pal.
  • +2 on that Boozy. The amount of time I've spent just living in the world is crazy. All of the mini games are amazing - I've taught myself to play poker!
  • I've put countless hours into poker on rd, like yourself Grem I was never a poker player before but I fucking love it in this.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    oepoiWh.jpeg
    nick_md wrote:
    I've put countless hours into poker on rd, like yourself Grem I was never a poker player before but I fucking love it in this.

Hmm...
  • Lol :D

The river king rides again :D
  • Muzz's face there, love it. Fuck you, Muzz.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Tip of the hat for Boozy and Nick, great posts. I'm in full agreement, it's a vibe of a game to immerse and lose yourself in.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!