Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Frosty wrote:
    So much going down holding the face after not being hit in the face in this match.

Footballers are always at it these days, it's embarrassing.
  • Friend's done well, overall, but the players need to be ashamed of themselves sometimes. Had to laugh when Suarez got annoyed that someone refused to shake his hand.
  • You'd think a big English beast like Carroll wouldn't do that sort of thing.

Kompany doesn't stand for that shit though. It's why he's such a boss.
  • Kompany is Man City's Vidic. Fantastic defender - best player in the league this season.
  • Hard to argue with that.

Hughes played him as a holding midfielder for about a season, didn't he?
  • WorKid wrote:
    Hard to argue with that.

Hughes played him as a holding midfielder for about a season, didn't he?

Think you might be right there. If City bring in another world class central defender to play next to him next season, they're going to be a force in Europe as well. Although I must say, Lescott has been more than decent this season, as has Richards.

Amazing squad of players which will just get better and better. I wonder if Adam Johnson will stick around? I reckon Liverpool should try and get him, much better player than Downing.
  • So majestic. He's like an eagle.

Nd8AC.jpg
  • I thought he did well tonight, as he did when he came on in the FA Cup final at weekend.

Suarez, although a complete cnut of a man, is such a clever footballer. It just looks so strange him being surrounded by players like Henderson and Downing.
  • Frosty wrote:
    You'd think a big English beast like Carroll wouldn't do that sort of thing. Kompany doesn't stand for that shit though. It's why he's such a boss.

Kompany is basically the Rooney of the defence. He can play ANYWHERE. He's a fucking beast.
  • Plan_M wrote:
    I thought he did well tonight, as he did when he came on in the FA Cup final at weekend.

Suarez, although a complete cnut of a man, is such a clever footballer. It just looks so strange him being surrounded by players like Henderson and Downing.

I thought Henderson did okay tonight (as did Shelvey, who looks to be a better option than Spearing), Downing offered nothing again though.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hello Scottish footy fans, how do you guys rate Shiels at Killie, we're looking at him for Bournemouth, but I've not a clue
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Hello Scottish footy fans, how do you guys rate Shiels at Killie, we're looking at him for Bournemouth, but I've not a clue

He seems half decent.  Certainly one of the better players in the league that doesn't play for Celtic or Rangers.  Couldn't tell you much more than that though.
  • I think they're looking at the manager. He's not been in charge for long enough to be honest, mid-table isn't anything to shout about, winning the League Cup is a big deal for the fans up here, but has never said much about the team.

SPL managers tend to look to the Championship as their next step, you might get him due to the impending financial apocalypse up here, but I'd be wary about him moving on again as soon as he can.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Oops, I meant their manager, how do they play, I know he won the league cup but dunno what he's llike
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Looks like Wenger is correction previous seasons' errors by getting to work on the transfer market nice and early. M'Vila (cracking signing) is almost done and dusted. Affelay is reported to be in advanced stages and there's also a rumour that he's interested in our very own Nathaniel Clyne.

Could Arsenal be a force again next season?
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Oops, I meant their manager, how do they play, I know he won the league cup but dunno what he's llike
    I haven't seen enough of them to say. Pragmatic is always a good descriptor in the SPL though and I have it in my head that Killie were focused on their youth set up even before he took over.
  • cockbeard wrote:

I see.  Well in that case, he comes across as a bit of a fool every time he opens his mouth.  Some of his post match interviews have been ridiculous.  Seems like a decent/good manager though.  His Kilmarnock team have soundly beaten Celtic and Rangers this year when you wouldn't have given them a chance (final against Celtic and full house at Ibrox).
  • C'mon Blackpool, don't let Fat Sam back in the Prem.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • M'Vila would be a tremendous signing for Arsenal.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    C'mon Blackpool, don't let Fat Sam back in the Prem.
    Hmmm... 
    Blackpool. Cheap digs, cheap booze, cheap food...but quite possibly the single worst ground to rig in the premiership.
    West Ham. Free digs at hawt friends house within walking distance, free booze, free food...one of the easiest grounds to rig.

it's going to be fucking Blackpool, isn't it

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Allardyce doesn't seem to be letting the disappointment of not being appointed Barcelona manager get to him. He must think he has a decent shot at getting the Chelsea job.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • How old is he?
    Olimite wrote:
    Looks like Wenger is correction previous seasons' errors by getting to work on the transfer market nice and early. M'Vila (cracking signing) is almost done and dusted. Affelay is reported to be in advanced stages and there's also a rumour that he's interested in our very own Nathaniel Clyne. Could Arsenal be a force again next season?

As an arsenal fan I've stopped believing the papers and wenger - I thinks he's had his time now . As we seem to sell our best players every summer and they don't get replaced . I think M'villa stories are supposed to be coming from his agent - I know he's French but can you see arsenal paying £18 m for anyone ? The Podolski signings a good but only if it's not in preparation of van Persie leaving .

Fingers crossed for Sunday but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we bottle it .
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • g.man wrote:
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Hmmm...  Blackpool. Cheap digs, cheap booze, cheap food...but quite possibly the single worst ground to rig in the premiership. West Ham. Free digs at hawt friends house within walking distance, free booze, free food...one of the easiest grounds to rig. it's going to be fucking Blackpool, isn't it g.man

And don't forget Blackpool is a shit hole !!! That's the pubs and clubs by the way
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Hmmm...  Blackpool. Cheap digs, cheap booze, cheap food...but quite possibly the single worst ground to rig in the premiership. West Ham. Free digs at hawt friends house within walking distance, free booze, free food...one of the easiest grounds to rig. it's going to be fucking Blackpool, isn't it g.man
    And don't forget Blackpool is a shit hole !!! That's the pubs and clubs by the way
    To be fair though, West Ham is a shithole too.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    How old is he?
    Olimite wrote:
    Looks like Wenger is correction previous seasons' errors by getting to work on the transfer market nice and early. M'Vila (cracking signing) is almost done and dusted. Affelay is reported to be in advanced stages and there's also a rumour that he's interested in our very own Nathaniel Clyne. Could Arsenal be a force again next season?
    As an arsenal fan I've stopped believing the papers and wenger - I thinks he's had his time now . As we seem to sell our best players every summer and they don't get replaced . I think M'villa stories are supposed to be coming from his agent - I know he's French but can you see arsenal paying £18 m for anyone ? The Podolski signings a good but only if it's not in preparation of van Persie leaving . Fingers crossed for Sunday but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we bottle it .

Agreed. I don't listen to Wenger anymore as he just keeps lying. Don't expect any new signings before we know if we're in the Champions League or not.
  • I'm not bothered about Robin.
  • I am , he's the only world class player we've got now ! Before we moved stadium and we were lied to about how we'd be able to compete with the best teams in world ( we can't even compete with Bolton ! )
    Wenger admitted as much last season , saying if we sold fabregas and nasri - we aren't a big club anymore !

@ Ras - do you think we'll bottle it on Sunday ?
  • RasDam wrote:
    I'm not bothered about Robin.
    Really!?!

I don't buy the "Arsenal are a one man team" jibes, but at the same time they would be a considerabley worse team without Van Persie and I doubt Arsenal's ability to replace him like for like.
  • @Kernowgaz I don't think we'll bottle it, but I do fear it. Our record at The Hawthorns isn't bad, despite losing to them last season. My biggest concern is how we cope without Arteta as we still haven't won a match in the league this season without him.

@Liveinadive People said the same when Henry moved on and then Adebayor scored 30 in a season. We've confirmed the signing of Podolski for next season and I don't think it'll be the last of our transfer business in regard to freshening up our attack.

I don't want Robin to go, but I'm beyond caring about individuals now. There are more top quality strikers than there are top teams and I'm sure we'll find someone else if need be.
  • Have Arsenal won anything since Henry left?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!