Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Let's not forget the real winner tonight - ITV
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Ach we'll win the next euros.

No problem
  • This double quarter pounder meal from Official Euro 2020 Partner™ McDonald's is tasting tainted, must say.
  • You'll always have that nil nil though ;)
    Can-of-sprite
  • Time to go back into football hibernation until England go out
  • Frosty wrote:
    Time to go back into football hibernation until England go out

Which is in a weeks time apparantly.
  • Imagine being the only team not to beat us in that group lmao how embarrassing
    Spoiler:
  • Reasonably pleased with that. Probably because I was expecting worse. First half good. Second half fairly poor. They improved their passing in the final 15 minutes when it turned into ‘see the game out’ time.

I’m fine with them being defensively boring if they’re going to win. Happily take a Greek style tournament victory. Probably out next game though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's a massive "if" though innit? Especially playing against a better side.

This tentative horseshit football won't win many games
  • The thing is Greece had a thing, they could break and cross the ball.

We don't.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    With the might of Sir Harry 'Jaundice' Kane doing his best 32yo Rooney impersonation, we can bore the continent's best to our proudest victory since Brexit.

Be the 52%. Round of applause on our doorsteps when Slabhead pings an 89th winner in off his arse in the final.
  • What has Sancho done to be sidelined so much? It’s not like Rashford has been in decent form, but he gets in ahead of him.

I really like Southgate as a person; the article he wrote in Player’s Tribune was the most statesmanlike thing this sorry isle has produced for years. However, I have misgivings over his selections at the moment.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, Southgate makes a lot of the right noises off the pitch, I quite like the cut of his jib.

But as a football manager the bloke is a total wet wipe
  • Yeah I like him as a person as well but share the misgivings re. his coaching.
  • Skade wrote:
    The thing is Greece had a thing, they could break and cross the ball. We don't.
    We score early then negate any possibility of further football being played.
  • At some point we’re going to need a goal and he’s going to bring on the likes of Rashford ahead of Sancho and it will be mental.
    GT: Knight640
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye. We concede first and the "plan" goes out the fucking window
  • Aye, Southgate makes a lot of the right noises off the pitch, I quite like the cut of his jib.

the sequel to the Wally with a Brolly, THE SCROTE IN A WAISTCOAT
  • The defensive shit will come unstuck against any of Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, France, Germany or Portugal. We might squeak a win against one of them but those group performances aren't the sort of thing that's going to work repeatedly against that mob. 

But that's a solid set of results from what might have been a tricky group. I get the frustration because there's some absolute mint players there. We should be able to score fairly regularly against anyone. And the team doesn't seem to respond to changes in the game. Seems a bit unsure how they should be playing a lot of the time. And the substitutions seem to make them play worse.
  • Aye. We concede first and the "plan" goes out the fucking window
    Yep this exactly.
  • Would be good if we won the Euros managed by a man named Gareth playing the most Gareth brand of football you've ever seen. 

Apologies to any Gareths.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I reckon we'll win it
  • monkey wrote:
    The defensive shit will come unstuck against any of Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, France, Germany or Portugal. We might squeak a win against one of them but those group performances aren't the sort of thing that's going to work repeatedly against that mob. 

But that's a solid set of results from what might have been a tricky group. I get the frustration because there's some absolute mint players there. We should be able to score fairly regularly against anyone. And the team doesn't seem to respond to changes in the game. Seems a bit unsure how they should be playing a lot of the time. And the substitutions seem to make them play worse.

I think England have a chance of beating Netherlands, Belgium, and possibly Portugal. As for the rest, draw and penos is the best we can hope for.

Honestly, can't see England avoiding defeat vs Germany, France or Italy. There's an error in the keeper, or defence. Even Portugal I'm not sure about tbh.

Netherlands are a bit naive and Belgium have not impressed at all.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What a stat from the Beeb there. England are the lowest scoring team ever to top a group in Euros history. Hard to see how that record ever gets topped either.

Eng-er-laaand!
  • Pundits on all outlets are giving it "If you were offered top of the group with 3 clean sheets you would take it, cant always win 4,5-0".

Totally missing the point, it has always been about later on in the tournament.
    I said this after the 2 friendlies just before the tournament and after beating Croatia 1-0. England have to show more to be convincing and it doesn't look like its there.
    Its not like France in 2018 where they confidentially cruised until stepping up a gear for the last two matches. This looks like peek England under Southgate, this is the plan.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Was singing earlier, the one that stands out was my little okay on a classic, (so not a classic)

Looking back on when we first met
    I cannot escape and I cannot forget
    Southgate you're the one, you still turn me on
    (My bit)
    Where's your fucking waistcoat gone?

It scanned so well, I couldn't not set a beer garden into singing it
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Portugal were fucking awful in the group stage in 2016. Three draws, looked terrible. Champions a couple weeks later.

I take the group stage with a pinch of salt tbh. If you can coast with minimal effort, do it.
  • If it looked like England were coasting I would be fine with it.
    I think this is it though, this is the approach that Southgate thinks will see us to a trophy. I dont expect anything different from England in the next round.
  • Aye, Southgate makes a lot of the right noises off the pitch, I quite like the cut of his jib.

Gareth Southgates sign outside his office

FootballManager
  • LivDiv wrote:
    If it looked like England were coasting I would be fine with it.
    I think this is it though, this is the approach that Southgate thinks will see us to a trophy. I dont expect anything different from England in the next round.

Hell be happy with an accidental semi gets another two years to potter around.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!