Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Defeat in the Cup just means we're going to batter them when we play them again in the League next month. It is all part of his plan.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • If it were to happen, that solitary League Cup would still match United’s entire trophy haul these last few years.

I thought United deserved it, not for being good or anything, just for hanging in there and taking their chances at the right time, unlike us ponderously passing it around for half an hour of the second half when United looked completely gone.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It would, I just found the whole reaction to it by the media, fans and Sir Klopp to be absolutely fucking hilarious. The most batshit fanbase known to man. I can see why Klopp is held so dearly when he's absolutely off his nut himself.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    I thought United deserved it, not for being good or anything, just for hanging in there and taking their chances at the right time, unlike us ponderously passing it around for half an hour of the second half when United looked completely gone.

It was a game lacking game intelligence from either team I thought. Liverpool were poor. Surprisingly so. United had the better chances, but are clearly an inferior team. Liverpool engineered a way to lose, but yeah, fair play to United for seizing the opportunity.

Well done, you have earned the right to get schooled by City in the final!

It would, I just found the whole reaction to it by the media, fans and Sir Klopp to be absolutely fucking hilarious. The most batshit fanbase known to man. I can see why Klopp is held so dearly when he's absolutely off his nut himself.

The league cup win or last night's game? Care to expand?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The League Cup win. I remember us winning it last year and being routinely mocked for winning a diddy cup, reaction this year was as if they won the World Cup. Absolutely fucking baffling all round. Being spoken about as heroes and warriors for trooping through with kids, despite Chelsea fielding a younger team and all that jazz and half their academy lads having been poached at 16 for miniscule amounts from lesser clubs. Madness and gloriously weird as ever. Baffling fanbase.

thought the game yesterday was handled well by all, bar the usual odious subsection of dickhead fans chanting. Every club has such a group and it needs to be dealt with properly whenever it arises.
  • I don't think we'll ever eradicate those chants from the game as it's just human nature for some to go for the lowest blow possible in order to inflict pain on the opposing fans. There will always be individuals that let the side down. Having said that, "Sign on..." was audible on the TV (that one doesn't bother me because it's daft) and from what I have read a significant portion of the crowd were giving it the tragedy chants.

League Cup. It is what you make it. If United win it, do I care how they celebrate it? Do I fuck. It was an amazing win given the context. Klopp is right to hold it up in high regard. Better to enjoy it than not. Line the streets with a million people and celebrate it, even if it's the only thing we win. Why the hell not?!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Dude please stop not being a Liverpool stereotype please give me something to work with here beyond reasonable discussion.
  • I've always liked the league cup and find the Mickey Mousing of it annoying. Back when we were consistently good it was a great chance to see fringe players or youngsters get minutes, now it's one of the three competitions we might actually be capable of winning with a run of luck (along with the FA Cup and the Europa League, when we're in it). 'It's only the league cup' is usually parrroted by supporters who'd love to win it in a season where they haven't, ergo it means nothing.
  • Dude please stop not being a Liverpool stereotype please give me something to work with here beyond reasonable discussion.

Haha. That ain't my bag. Try Twitter!
  • Please stop being a Man United stereotype by criticising a rival fanbase for having a manager who has a connection with fans and the city that most other fans of other clubs would give their left arm for.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • A guy at work was asking what I thought about the league cup win and I told him amazing for me because hopefully it gets you the parade through the city. He said it was "cringe" or similar. There's a thing with the modern "fanbase", whereby they don't seem to measure success based on real experiences, connections or emotion. It's just some crap tally chart for them that they can poke fun at and nothing is ever good enough. 

Won a cup? Yeah, but it's not the best cup.

Won a league? Yeah, but it's just one in x years.

You really have to shut out the noise these days.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Please stop being a Man United stereotype by criticising a rival fanbase for having a manager who has a connection with fans and the city that most other fans of other clubs would give their left arm for.

Lol fuck no.

• It would, I just found the whole reaction to it by the media, fans and Sir Klopp to be absolutely fucking hilarious. The most batshit fanbase known to man. I can see why Klopp is held so dearly when he's absolutely off his nut himself.

That’s just us. We go mental at any opportunity to celebrate (and rub it in other’s faces tbh) whilst doing down others achievement’s. Not getting to properly celebrate the league maybe, though we’d do the same regardless in all probability. It’s fun anyway.

Considering we had a million injuries it was a good win, but Chelsea bizarrely deciding to play for penalties against a ragtag collection of youth team players, squad men and the occasional first teamer helped a lot.
  • I am going to paint a mural of Pedro Caixinha on the side of a building in Govan. Then you'll all see.
  • Which Tory is going to end up being chairman of this new "Independent Football Regulator" then?
  • I am guessing they will exhume this guy:

p01h0tns.jpg
  • If any yanited fans end up coming up for the just announced friendly at Murrayfield (we'll call it The Amad Diallo/Jack Butland Invitational) let me know and I'll try go along too.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I hope to fuck they get Southgate
  • Maguire could probably treat himself to another Greek holiday.
  • I just hope he asks the right forumites for curry recs.
  • SirArryKane statue on a bench you say??? Maybe even outdoing that Ronnie one? Wonderful

https://www.bigissue.com/news/social-justice/harry-kane-statue-pictures-waltham-forest-council/

500 years ago since David and this is our progress. Incredible
  • He looks like one of the people from the Cadburys bits that used to be on before Corrie.

Really though why the fuck does he warrant a statue?
    As a Spurs fan I obviously love Sir Harry of Kane but he has won fuck all. He's not even retired/dead yet.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    He looks like either Beavis or Butthead.
  • j1tIuF2.jpg

This seems to have gotten all the right people mad. I think it's rather nice.
  • Well I feel inspired.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I feel united.

Or maybe just constipated, I'm not sure.
  • The channel 4 logo's let itself go.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's a daft idea. And it looks shite. I get the TV logo but I'm thinking along the gameshow lines. Krypton Factor or something of that era. The rest of the strip has a Nanna's doyley quality to it that is unpleasant too, they've made making a football kit look extremely difficult
  • If they'd just put it on without the explanation no one would care, or even notice probably. 

It wouldn't look any better as a design, but you'd avoid a tedious run in with some of England's foremost arseholes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!