Yakuza - it's like Shenmue, but actually fun to play
  • I'll get on this at some point. Been very good attending to my pile of shame at the moment.
  • Fuck it this is boughted
  • Nice cheesy opening to this. Managed to play this uninterrupted for 20 minutes yesterday. That's the only time I've had for games in three weeks.
  • Just bought my copy, hopefully get a hour of gaming in tonight.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    Nice cheesy opening to this. Managed to play this uninterrupted for 20 minutes yesterday. That's the only time I've had for games in three weeks.

If only it was on Switch you could've played it on the shitter. Got to be at least an extra hour or two.
  • I really really like this I'd forgotten Sega made games this good.

God this is a lot of fun, kicked ass all the way to the first boss. Died twice against him. I've not levelled my character since I started the game or bought any health aids which maybe a mistake.
  • Didn't get a chance last night but it's all installed ready to go. Last day at work for a week so I am so buzzin to get cracked into this.
  • So I've just helped shoot a TV show and got involved with a story about a dominatrix? Also a perv in a back alley is asking me for postcards of adult entertainers?!?

Edit s&m storyline is quality hahahaha
  • There is stuff in this game, that boggles the mind that it was allowed the first place.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    We're loving this aren't we? Aye
  • Just finished chapter 2, and saw the intro for chapter 3. Yeh, I'm really liking this so far. Good story as well.
  • Just learnt that pressing down on the d-pad brings out your weapon (once you've assigned one in the inventory). I have a gun and a katana i didnt even know i had.
  • So many questions so few answers (gonna go lurk on neogaf as the yakuza thread on there is going great guns), what do you use pocket tissues for? Where do you find the first sex tape? This game is GOTY material so far..
  • Managed to squeeze in half an hour this afternoon while Dexter was asleep and Mrs Skondo was in the shower. Had a few fun punch ups and also a little karaoke. GOTY this early in 2017? Surely not, but this is a ridiculous amount of fun.
  • the start of chapter 3 blew my mind.
  • Lolz. Random street fight, my character shoved an orange in the street goons mouth, then did a sweep as the goon is on the floor, he does a drop kick onto his face and the orange goes further into the mouth and then explodes. OJ yakuza style gotta love it. No idea what button combo I pressed to do that but it was so cool.

r3zjxjl.gif
  • Worked my way through to and defeated the first boss today. This is a phenomenal amount of fun. Which fighting style are people using?

Need to spend time with some of the distractions as I really haven't so far.
  • I like rush mode with what's his name and not sure whether I prefer thug or slugger style with the other guy. Just learnt slugger so need to practice.
  • Anyone who enjoys the random stumblings into off kilter stories should give xenoblade x a try. Such a similar vibe. Weird
  • Smang wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    For anyone through chapter one
    Spoiler:

wait until you meet the "badass lady"

She is cool as

And as for Mr S
    Spoiler:

Great stuff.

5m for a game of bowls though. Wah.

Neat they have a version of billiards too. V unorthodox.
  • This motherfucking game.

Went from chapter 1-3 (middle of) last night in one sitting. The longest play session of any PS4 game I've had, and the longest session in a good long while (FH3 notwithstanding). This game sinks it's claws into you real, real deep. Voiceover work is just amazing. Though I will echo comments found elsewhere about the amount of different types of cutscene. Can be a bit jarring but when you get voiceover work as good as that when it comes, you can't be too mad.

Sticking with Brawler/Thug for the two ladssss so far. The other styles fuck up the button memory I've learned and I just get kicked fuck out of. About that,
    Spoiler:

Early GOTY for sure. To know it just gets more ridiculously mental as you go on makes me want more and more and more. What a game.
  • having gone in fairly blind i wasn't expecting the character switch in chapter 3. that Majima is so polite!
  • Gav when you say Voiceover work this is subtitled, right - not dubbed? I'm not getting it if it's dubbed.
  • As far as I can tell it's all Japanese with English subs. The subs are pretty funny but seem to have tangential relationship to the sounds.
  • I know the first two had English voice acting and it was pretty good. Sega given up on English voicing now?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bloody little girl wants a red squirrel from the bloody claw machine and I can't for the life of me get one! I hated that machine in real life never mind in video games!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!