Superhero Films: Will They Ever Take Off?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Hideo Kojima didn’t like The Marvels.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Not enough bombs being shoved up fannies I'd imagine
  • Also too much agency for the women - where’s their nerd otaku and gruff super soldier love interests??
  • At 1 hour 45 minutes long Kojima was left wondering when they would release the rest of the intro cut scene.
  • Still tempted to go and watch with the kids. Last one we skipped was The Eternals.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    At 1 hour 45 minutes long Kojima was left wondering when they would release the rest of the intro cut scene.

Hahaha.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    At 1 hour 45 minutes long Kojima was left wondering when they would release the rest of the intro cut scene.

Ha. Yep.

That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Dammit Dante beat me to it. Must remember to read all comments before replying to one.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Finished Loki and it certainly turned itself around in that final episode. Much better than the episodes that came before it and put it back on track to hopefully be as good as season one.

Took me a while to think through the ending but my take on it was…
    Spoiler:

Not being a comic fan this is just me speculating but makes sense in my mind.
  • So Loki. The following is speculation based on where they appear to be going, and half remembered comics from 13 years ago.
    Spoiler:
  • Pretty sure they've already confirmed that
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Hideo Kojima didn’t like The Marvels.

Stephen King has come out as an outspoken defender of The Marvels on Twitter. It doesn’t sound like he has actually seen the film though.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I'm not convinced he reads all the novels he gives the double thumbs up to in the 'praise for' pages either...
  • He just likes to keep his own name floating around.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • That looks more like a single narrative story than the stand alone episodes of the first season
    Gamertag: gremill

• Behold. The latest in the Spiderman Cinematic Universe.
  • Whhoooomf dong "weird thing happened" whooompf dong "Hes trying to change the future" what do you want from me whooompf dong.

Total shit.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Total shit.

Very cynical. Don't know how you could say that from the cinematic universe that has produced Venom, Morbius and the equally shit looking, and forthcoming, Kraven the Hunter.
  • Not having Leto is a bonus.
    Maybe he has a cameo just to make sure it's properly shit.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Total shit.
    Very cynical. Don't know how you could say that from the cinematic universe that has produced Venom, Morbius and the equally shit looking, and forthcoming, Kraven the Hunter.

Just want to point out the Kraven movie is directed by JC Chandor who directed the awesome Margin Call, the very good All is lost, the well regarded a Most Violent Year and Triple Frontier (havent seen either but both are on my list)

His track record does not say Marvel Sony movie but maybe this is the one that is actually good.
    SFV - reddave360

Ahahahahaahahah. Hahahaha. Hahahah. Hah. Ha.

Don't see it taking off.
    I strongly suspect I'm getting more enjoyment from the comments section on YouTube than I would from watching the actual movie.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • The thumbnail looks like an Alanis Morrissette video.
  • I wonder what the budget is for this.

Looks like a TV movie before TV got budgets.
    Cast is TV level as well.
  • Christ, Sony are stupid. Madame Web is what you use for an Avengers equivalent Spider-people film.

Yet they release this before even making a Miles Morales film.
  • At this stage I can only assume there is a certain amount of money that can be made making literally any old shite if it is slightly linked to Spiderman.

Get the people who will watch literally anything. Then put it on streaming services as content to make up numbers. It wouldn't get people to subscribe but it fills in the "...and many many more!" section of the line up.

The Garfield Spiderman films were genuine attempts at blockbuster movies, they were just badly done. Cant put this or Morbius or Kraven in the same category.
  • God I hate the "edit around the skip button" starts to these things.

THE..... TRAILER..... STARTS....

.......... NOW!

Yeah m8 I fuckin know that it was me who clicked play.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!