Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Big Mak stops iron-chinned Wach. https://www.tvasports.ca/2022/02/19/makhmudov-et-kean-en-action-ce-soir-a-tva-sports

All the skills of a fridge, but lands like one. Scary dude.
  • Based on the current top trends, I can only assume Taylor - Catterall went really well and everyone was satisfied with the result.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Boxing corruption's the rat that waits until you're lifting your rifle to dive under the shed. False hope every time.

I had it 114-111 to Catterall. Taylor won the second half, but not to the extent of reversing Cat's early lead plus knockdown. That's a huge amount of money taken from his future, and helped by Taylor's off-form arrogance, he might never get a top-level chance to perform that well again.
  • Last night should've been a PPV for the ufc. What an insane card. Can't choose a fave finish but the one that impressed me the most was Allen's v Hooker. He got clipped, HARD, and still stayed in the pocket just swanging. Amazing.

Meatball though. Fuckkkkkk hahaha! For me that was up there with Shevchenko v Eye as the best WMMA knockout of all time. Paddy is as Paddy does, though I'm scared for him if he comes up against a striker with dynamite for hands. Like Topuria, who's KO of Herbert was so bloody nasty. *Jim Ross voice* bah gawddd!

Paul Craig! Airdrie's finest!

Amazing night of fights. Nothing like it.
  • Crazy night, some brutal knockouts.

Paddy is great to watch but I think he gets his head removed against someone like Topuria.

Allen vs Hooker was great but I think Aspinall impressed me the most. Just so cool and smooth, comfortable in there every where and those hands are seriously quick for a heavy weight.
  • Yeah, his speed is gonna be a problem for everyone. Only one I see giving him issues is Gane as I feel they're rather similar in speed & skill. He'd destroy Tuivasa imo in about the same time as he did Volkov. Made it look so easy, not a scratch on him.
  • Interesting fights last night. Happy for Aljo after all the shit he's had to take for winning a belt from an illegal knee. I thought he edged the first and clearly took 2 and 3. Good for him.

I have a Korean Zombie T-shirt from nearly 10 years ago, he's a legend and I always want him to win but Volks just too good.

What can you say about Burns vs Chimaev holy shit what a fight. I gone smash you brother! Next step Colby Cov, ooooof that'll be fun.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Not watched UFC in years but heard the fight is a banger so watching now.
  • Co-main was a banger too, Costa v Rockhold, if you can catch that as well.
  • Caught a dodgy version on YouTube. Usman is a winner, but also slightly dull. Can't help but feel Leon was fucking lucky.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    God damn his soul left his body.
  • Mans was chatting going for the 205 strap and fighting Canelo, lmao

Lol sit down, Marty.
  • I see AJ decided to give the crowd an actual demo of developing CTE in real time at the end of the Usyk fight.

Can't believe he sent his whole career into the shadow realm voluntarily.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yeah AJ's post fight promo cutting could use some work, it was just bizarre. A lot of emotions going on I know but wear the Ukraine flag during the score card if you like and then let the man have his moment and walk off head held high.

Also lol at Marty getting way to big for his boots, not hating but thinking you can move up 35 pounds or box Canelo is a bit silly. Congrats to Leon.

Nice to see Luke get some love too after the career he's had. Say what you want about him but MMA has been better off with him around. Some incredible fights and a character too, he's HoF for me.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I see AJ decided to give the crowd an actual demo of developing CTE in real time at the end of the Usyk fight.

Can we really talk about reactions to desert fights?

Sunken_Desert_Ruins.jpg
  • I mean, I wouldn't run my mouth in defeat at the end of a match if I boxed Usyk.

Because the first clean punch he lands seconds into round 1 will send me to the shadow realm.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Ed Boon, please!
  • Dana White, in 2014:
    There's one thing you never bounce back from, and that's putting your hands on a woman. Been that way in the UFC since we started here.

Also Dana White:

Also also Dana White
    PowerSlap_PressConference_20221111_JB_0453.0.jpeg
    (yeah, uh, he's just about to launch a power slap league like those viral vids you see of guys taking a slap and getting ko'd cos the dude has anvils for hands, yeah, that shit)

5% off Endeavour stock. Major mma media personalities being kinda quiet.

Can't wait to hear Ariel's take tbh. Oh boy.
  • Oh dear.

She got a right good wallop in there.
  • Ariel wasn't as vengeful as I'd hoped, but still good. His 10-7 on that Danis shitshow was hilarious though.

Ad spots pulled from Power Slap TV slot. Network silent. Previous links lead to nothing on their site. Sounds like that's that done.

ESPN though still hoping it just fucks off. Not sure it will.
  • That slap league thing is ridiculous. Looks like the kind of thing that would be on TV in idiocracy.

Ariels been super entertaining recently. Guys a legend and always shoots straight. I really miss listening to the mma beat driving from work.
  • Some card last night. Rocky did the damn thing.

Not mad at the scores at all. Yeah Usman had takedowns but did nothing with them, within 30s each time Leon isolated a wrist, got up, and separated. I think if the fight took place in a US state that cares about wrestling, it could've been different. But no, well done to Leon. Brilliant game plan. And also thanks to him we have one of the coldest mma photos of all time

h8kC5j4.jpeg

Love it.

Co-main as well! Wow!
  • Some card last night. Rocky did the damn thing.

Not mad at the scores at all. Yeah Usman had takedowns but did nothing with them, within 30s each time Leon isolated a wrist, got up, and separated. I think if the fight took place in a US state that cares about wrestling, it could've been different. But no, well done to Leon. Brilliant game plan. And also thanks to him we have one of the coldest mma photos of all time

Love it.

Co-main as well! Wow!

Gotta agree with all that. Thoroughly enjoyed that main event. It was one of those fights that had me totally engaged because how dangerous those two guys are. My mate said he found it boring and that he wanted another scrap like the co main but I enjoyed every second of it. Plus Leon is a brummy and its nice to see someone from this region do something amazing like that.

Usman was all class too.

• Buildup: Izzy looks in better shape and more focused than I've ever seen him before.

Hopefully he can strike back, but W/L, I'm fairly sure it'll be one for the ages.
  • Well, that was spectacular. Imagine the pressure Izzy was facing. Before it, all week, then in the actual fight. Poatan in his corner after 1st rnd telling his team everything is going to plan, I've got him right where I want him. And you believed it! Those calf kicks were doing work. But then, just as the juggernaut started to smell blood and kick into gear, a left to feel it from Izzy then BOOOOOM a devastating right to start the beginning of the end for Poatan. Lights out. And new. Izzy king again.

This is why this sport is so fucking clear of boxing. Sensational.
  • Joshua is such a boring boxer.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob

• Watched the presser live, great fun. No major drama or jawing just an amazing collection of fighters on one stage. Loved the spice between the main event guys, loved the faceoff between Jiri & Rakic, and what a fuckin pop for the bonus announcement.

300k for bonuses on this card instead of the usual 50k. Sounds trivial but that just raised the stakes! Every fighter now will be looking for chaos.

Oh man, I can't fucking wait! Today is weigh in day though, praying everyone makes it through. Please. We need this.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!