Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Yup. I just have to remember to use the keyboard shortcuts if I want to copy. Right clicking doesn’t work.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • There’s not much info around on the Notes app or associated file format. I think it’s one of those times Apple are making things intentionally difficult for Windows users.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    I think it’s one of those times Apple are making things intentionally difficult for Windows users.

I wouldn't put it past them.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Pocket Card Jockey, an unsung hero of the 3DS EShop, is now in Apple Arcade!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    See if you can guess which Apple product this is before watching.

• Any thoughts on the new M2 MacBook Pro models? Are they the ones to go for now?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just be careful on base spec as Apple are hobbling the SSDs on all M2 models - only single NAND chip which is significantly impacting read/write performance.

You should still look at the M1 Pro on the MacBook as apart from the perf bump you will get all the other hardware exactly the same (oh actually the HDMI port is now 2.1).
  • I got a MacBook Pro M1 Max last year (just finished paying it all off) and it’s handled absolutely everything I’ve thrown at it. Absolute beast of a machine. Not interested in the M2 in the slightest (not enough of an upgrade).

I would imagine an M1 MacBook Pro refurb would be worth a look; assuming you’d be saving a chunk of money compared with the new M2.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep if I was buying I'd go for an M1.
  • I don’t know if I’m solid but how do you transfer files from your iPhone to a windows pc? I’ve downloaded iTunes to my laptop but don’t get the file sharing option when I connect my phone viva USB.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I’d just download OneDrive or Google Drive on your phone. Log in through there and get them onto a folder that way.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Cheers for the advice, it worked a treat but I’ve got to transfer an 8gb file and my one drive or google drive isn’t large enough, I opted to use iCloud with an extra 50gb for 79p a month.

For anyone who uses iCloud back up, is it always slow as fuck?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    For anyone who uses iCloud back up, is it always slow as fuck?

Yep, although randomly it'll do something super quick just to give you hope.

I've got a Dropbox Plus account that I'm trying to work out if it's worth cancelling or even practical...have read that the one issue with iCloud stuff is that it's not possible to have it back in the cloud once you download it to your device (ie if you delete it from there it's deleted everywhere) which seems absolutely insane for a cloud hosting service.

Alternative option is to 'just' buy the next phone with a massive storage option so it's not an issue...
  • A-ha, that’s amazing…thank you - managed to miss getting my files in order before the auto renewal of Dropbox but worst case I’ve now got a year to sort them all!

Edit: they might even pro-rata a refund…
  • Just upgraded my phone after many years - gone from a 7 Plus to a 14 Pro. Transferring was very smooth but I’ll admit to already missing the hardware button. Also lolled at how the design of the phone straight up cuts off website tops and bottoms due to the shape and Apple’s no fucks given to standards approach to design. Ah well. It’s a nice phone at least. Very snappy.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Just be careful on base spec as Apple are hobbling the SSDs on all M2 models - only single NAND chip which is significantly impacting read/write performance. You should still look at the M1 Pro on the MacBook as apart from the perf bump you will get all the other hardware exactly the same (oh actually the HDMI port is now 2.1).

Thanks for this. Gonna pull the trigger soon. Will look into the SSD issue.
  • Someone please help me to understand this Mac feature which i am constantly fighting against as i feel there must be something i'm missing. Okay so i have a bunch of stuff in a bunch of windows. Sometimes i can minimise or change these windows' size by going to the top of the screen, but other times it simply is not an option, and going to the top of the screen does nothing at all. Why? It's fucking annoying and i can't begin to imagine a decent reason to conditionally remove this functionality.
  • Is it a gesture/swipe that needs specific number of fingers on the trackpad? Eg 3-finger swipe upwards? Or 2 finger?
  • it's just pushing my pointer to the top of the screen, usually with my mouse. Sometimes i have the window manipulation traffic light in the corner (red = close, yellow = minimise, green = maximise) + file/edit options etc, and then other times it's just fucked off somewhere and pushing the pointer to the upper border does absolutely nothing.
  • it's just pushing my pointer to the top of the screen, usually with my mouse. Sometimes i have the window manipulation traffic light in the corner (red = close, yellow = minimise, green = maximise) + file/edit options etc, and then other times it's just fucked off somewhere and pushing the pointer to the upper border does absolutely nothing.

Sometimes when you full screen apps on Mac they open on a new desktop window. Usually here you’d use the trackpad (if it’s a laptop) to swipe between desktop screens (I use 2 finger swipe left and right) - you can set those up by searching for trackpad in the spotlight bar at the top or in settings.

You should also be able to force minimise apps with command + m, iirc.
  • thanks. will give it a go. still not sure why this functionality blocking feature even exists but i'll gladly take a work-around
  • Took delivery of the Ultra watch today. It’s massive. I love it. A completely pointless upgrade but buying things to make me happy in the short term works wonders. Might learn how to swim just so I can use it more.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I thought I was being quite frivolous getting an Apple Watch, but just highlighting how much of a couch potato I am has been beneficial to me. Ultra was over my threshold, but quite jealous you got one Vere, enjoy!
    Things can only get better.
  • I like all the little things about having an Apple Watch and couldn’t live without one now, the fitness and sleep tracking are big in my books.

Thanks dude! Totally unnecessary and didn’t need the upgrade but you only live once!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Took delivery of the Ultra watch today. It’s massive. I love it. A completely pointless upgrade but buying things to make me happy in the short term works wonders. Might learn how to swim just so I can use it more.

The Ultra is a great thing. I have the orange strap one but I think I should have got the diving strap seeing how much swimming I do. Can you swim at all Vere? It’ll be a hard thing for you to do with all that heavy, movement limiting, muscle.

• Vere simply punches the water away from him.
  • It probably just takes one look at him and gets out of his way.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!