BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Dirty port.

Could’ve been full of fluff.

I’ve thought about putting other stuff through the wash, but what if it’s like those “push the button and you get a million pounds but a random person does” things?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • This weekend I discovered that my iPhone 13 mini had a much better camera than my Galaxy S23.

Oh well.  Still 18 months to go before I can do anything about that...
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    But the Galaxy S23 loves you more.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Costs. Costs me more.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Tomato tom-ah-to.
  • Has anyone who’s got an Apple Watch who’s updated it to 10.2 recently have any issues with their battery? I was getting 30 hrs but now it completely drains in 15 hours.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    This is The Apple Way
  • Yeah I'm on 10.2 and it's taken a chunk out of the battery. Usually down in the red zone of the low 20s by the time I go to bed. So it's not too far from not even lasting the day. I barely use it either. It literally just functions as a bog standard watch.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Has anyone who’s got an Apple Watch who’s updated it to 10.2 recently have any issues with their battery? I was getting 30 hrs but now it completely drains in 15 hours.

It seems like the weather complication is the issue. Following this supposedly fixes it.
  • I'm on 4.3.2.... Because I still have an o.g. Watch.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Well after the turning on and off on both the watch and phone it seems to be better now.

I had seen about the Weather apps draining the battery but I never/used them.
  • And now the battery has lasted 36 hours - bizarre, @monkey Is yours still the same?
  • Yeah but I haven't taken any steps to fix it yet. I'll delete anything I can and turn the weather thing off, see what that does.
  • I just did the class turn off trick on both the phone and watch.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Well after the turning on and off on both the watch and phone it seems to be better now. I had seen about the Weather apps draining the battery but I never/used them.

I had this too. Apparently it's due to indexing when a new OS is installed. First cycle is really battery hungry, then it reverts to normal performance.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    On my desktop Mac doing some work and dropped my laptop to the left of my monitor and just realised that the mouse and keyboard sharing just works seamlessly. It even knew, somehow, where my Mac was positioned next to my monitor. I knew it worked on iPad but didn't know it worked with MacBooks.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Worth watching if only for the part with the Apple software for teaching people how to use a mouse.

• [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    What happened to the thing where you still effectively have to pay 30% anyway? That didn't get a mention, but I thought was the case, due to the privilege of using an apple product?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Assume this means native GamePass app.
  • I think the ship has long since sailed anyway. You could have 100 app stores tomorrow and 99% of iPhone users would just use the one they've been using since 2007.
  • It's the same with Android, having to download an additional appstore will severely limit your reach. There is a reason that the biggest non Play Store app stores are all manufacturer ones. Coming pre-loaded gives a huge advantage. The biggest independent one is SHAREit, which I'd really class as a file sharing app, and Epic Games, which is basically a Fortnite delivery service, with 0.6% each. 

Even Amazon can only manage 0.1%.
  • Idgi. Why is it not ok for Apple to keep a closed system yet PlayStation and Xbox say hi? Is it just the user numbers being so massive that have forced this or what?
    I’m also of the thought that here, we designed, built and delivered this piece of hardware so you can all put your software on it and make money but we’re asking for a percentage of any sales you make on there. Kinda seems reasonable to me?
  • Would you accept it on PC, Mac or other desktop?
  • Idgi. Why is it not ok for Apple to keep a closed system yet PlayStation and Xbox say hi? Is it just the user numbers being so massive that have forced this or what?

They dont meet the criteria, which yes is down to user numbers.
    Specifically, there are three main cumulative criteria that presumptively lead to a designation as a gatekeeper:

1.A size that impacts the internal market: this is presumed to be the case if the company achieves an annual turnover in the European Economic Area (EEA) equal to or above €7.5 billion in in each of the last three financial years, or where its average market capitalisation or equivalent fair market value amounted to at least €75 billion in the last financial year, and it provides a core platform service in at least three Member States;

2. The control of an important gateway for business users towards final consumers: this is presumed to be the case if the company operates a core platform service with more than 45 million monthly active end users established or located in the EU and more than 10,000 yearly active business users established in the EU in the last financial year;

3. An entrenched and durable position: this is presumed to be the case if the company met the second criterion in each of the last three financial years.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/QANDA_20_2349
    I’m also of the thought that here, we designed, built and delivered this piece of hardware so you can all put your software on it and make money but we’re asking for a percentage of any sales you make on there. Kinda seems reasonable to me?

I guess it’s because you’re not installing apps on a PlayStation or Xbox, but games. There’s a few exceptions, such as TV or streaming services, but otherwise it’s just games via the native OS that was designed to run games. It’s a smaller use case than being able to do all sorts of weird shit in your phone or a PC.

Nothing to say that people won’t make the argument in the future, particularly as phones get more and more like consoles in power.
  • There were reportedly 7.4m PS5 consoles sold in Europe in 2023. At an average of £400 per console (which is closer to the digital model), you’re talking more than £75 billion - unless my maths is wrong.

Edit: It’s wrong, isn’t it! Needs another zero on the end. Albeit, that is hardware only, so maybe applies?

In terms of size, PlayStation reported that they had 130m users on the PSN network in December 2023, and with Europe being a popular market, it’s quite possible they’ve hit that second milestone too - but I guess the business users doesn’t apply?

They’ve also been at those sort of levels for a long time.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I’m all for other app stores. Choice is always good. Apple and other big companies bang on about free markets and competition when it suits them, but they get strangely quiet when it means they have to do extra work.

It is annoying that consoles apparently get a free pass on the walled garden front, but baby steps. Progress is progress.
  • Is it also linked to us only hitting priper digital only consoles now? You can still buy switch and PlayStation games in a shop (even if it's only a code) so it's not the same as a locked app store?
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!