Let's Play "Snowpocalypse 64: Snowmageddon" (Sweet Baby Jesus It's Happening Again)
  • Boolitt wrote:
    Someone kicked fuck out of my kids snowman last year and i went out looking for them like i was the punisher, pissed mind, trying to find the wee bastards.

Brilliant! Could only have been bettered if the wee bastards had pelted you with snowballs.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It was snowing very heavily in Twickenham earlier. It was a struggle seeing the Harlequins players during he match.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Boolitt wrote:
    Someone kicked fuck out of my kids snowman last year and i went out looking for them like i was the punisher, pissed mind, trying to find the wee bastards.

The Ticker Offer.

The Stern Worder.

The Angry Tutter.

The Finger Wagger.
  • Not much snow in Wallsend.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    One side effect of the snow here was the supermarket ran out of food so we ordered a curry instead.

Mid way through I burped twice but it was unusually not as loud as normal, understated, but long.

It sounded exactly like that noise the Predator makes.

Alwaya wondered how they did that.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    I did say pardon, obvs.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Wifey's flight cancelled. No flight until Tuesday morning.

Fucking pathetic.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Unfortunately the nature of our weather means that investment in equipment and procedures to combat weather like snow isn't justifiable due to the rarity of it causing major issues.

People often point to the likes of Canada or Scandinavia who are set up for these conditions but it is worthwhile them doing so due to the frequency of extreme weather.
  • Tuesday does seem a bit ott mind. Potentially some fallout from the Monarch routes not being reassigned yet and causing a shortage of short haul flights and the extra planes needed to run them.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    School closed for us tomorrow.

Fortunately I'll be at work.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Unfortunately the nature of our weather means that investment in equipment and procedures to combat weather like snow isn't justifiable due to the rarity of it causing major issues.

People often point to the likes of Canada or Scandinavia who are set up for these conditions but it is worthwhile them doing so due to the frequency of extreme weather.

This is my thinking when deciding on winter tyres. They should be worth the investment. But the reality is, in my line of work, I can usually work from home in such situations, which are rare.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    School closed for us tomorrow.

Fortunately I'll be at work.

Same.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Wifey booked on FlyBe 5pm tomorrow night. No thanks to Easyjet mind. Still trying to get accommodation sorted out. Fucking nightmare.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I want to be really sympathtic here, then open your boss killing legend thread and tell you that hey ho, at least you get more practise
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    I want to be really sympathtic here, then open your boss killing legend thread and tell you that hey ho, at least you get more practise
    :)

Hotel sorted now.

Wifey doesn't work Mondays so it's not a massive deal. She is with a friend too so at least she isn't alone.
  • It appears the whole country is struggling under the weight of all this snow but it has somehow completely missed my little corner of Berkshire. Newbury is half an hour away and they've got snow shovels out and the M4 is shut.

Bonkers.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Glad to hear that she's not being crazy put out
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • we got just enough snow last night to give everything a thin coating, which has then frozen into a deadly layer of ice everywhere. car was showing -4 when i got to the office this morning.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Unfortunately the nature of our weather means that investment in equipment and procedures to combat weather like snow isn't justifiable due to the rarity of it causing major issues. People often point to the likes of Canada or Scandinavia who are set up for these conditions but it is worthwhile them doing so due to the frequency of extreme weather.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment here, it's also true that personal responsibility and education are severely lacking here in comparison to those places. Simple things like lower tyre pressure, pick a higher gear, people just don't sem to know, or don't seem to care
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You've also got the dick factor that UK drivers seem to have instilled in them. I was slowly creeping home a few years ago in a beamer, crawling up hill and the traffic opposite was crawling downhill. A total twat in a Merc decided to overtake coming down the hill as the traffic wasn't going fast enough for him, skidding all over the place.
  • I got into work fine. Office is half empty.

Fine with me. Should be a quiet day.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    You've also got the dick factor that UK drivers seem to have instilled in them. I was slowly creeping home a few years ago in a beamer, crawling up hill and the traffic opposite was crawling downhill. A total twat in a Merc decided to overtake coming down the hill as the traffic wasn't going fast enough for him, skidding all over the place.

Oh god yes, the dick factor was high yesterday.
    I was making my way up the A34, slowly creeping my way along the well worn grooves made by earlier traffic. The whole line of cars was driving at about 25mph, keeping massive distances between us and all sticking to the worn left hand lane. 
    Behind me I notice a set of bright Xenon headlights of a flash Audi closing the distance fairly rapidly. 
    This Audi then gets right up behind me, trying to push me along. I'm driving an old Vauxhall Zafira with a Baby on Board sign in the back so you think he'd be a bit more careful.

Then he swings out into the untouched and very deep snow on the right hand lane and floors it, wheels spinning everywhere as he overtakes everyone.
    The snow spray now starts to blind us all.

You could tell every single driver in the left hand lane was thinking "go on, straight into the central reservation you utter wankstain"

Sadly he made it all the way up the motorway safely. 
    If he wiped out (providing it was just his car and didnt hit anyone else) I doubt there was a single person there who would've stopped to help the cunt.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    He wouldn't be welcome on the forum either.
  • b0r1s wrote:

I was making my way up the A34, slowly creeping my way along the well worn grooves made by earlier traffic. The whole line of cars was driving at about 25mph, keeping massive distances between us and all sticking to the worn left hand lane. 
    Behind me I notice a set of bright Xenon headlights of a flash Audi closing the distance fairly rapidly. 
    This Audi then gets right up behind me, trying to push me along. I'm driving an old Vauxhall Zafira with a Baby on Board sign in the back so you think he'd be a bit more careful.

Then he swings out into the untouched and very deep snow on the right hand lane and floors it, wheels spinning everywhere as he overtakes everyone.

You could tell every single driver in the left hand lane was thinking "go on, straight into the central reservation you utter wankstain"

If he wiped out (providing it was just his car and didnt hit anyone else) I doubt there was a single person there who would've stopped to help the cunt.

Yeah ace driving around Oxford yesterday.

Very similar story to yours Wookie. Long chain of us crawling along the A40 towards Oxford. Occasional 4x4 overtaking, fair play.

Then two lads in a red hatchback decide to give it a go. Missus actually waved at them when we saw them boot first in the hedges two turns later.

Spent nearly 4 hours at thornhill Park and ride helping people dig their cars out yesterday.
    Can-of-sprite
  • It never fucking snows in Glasgow anymore. Everything's frozen solid, right enough, but it's not enough.
  • In Dublin Saturday night it was fucking freezing and snow warning was issued. YES I thought. At about midnight it started pissing rain. I couldnt believe it. Gawddamn I want snow. My smallest hasn't even built a snowman yet.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Kazuo wrote:
    It never fucking snows in Glasgow anymore. Everything's frozen solid, right enough, but it's not enough.

Aye, fuck all snow here. Cooper is absolutely loving the sharp frost every morning though. Belting around the Botanics and Kelvingrove like an absolute turbonutter trying to crunch every single frozen leaf. Dogs are ace.
  • Skade wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

Yeah ace driving around Oxford yesterday.

Very similar story to yours Wookie. Long chain of us crawling along the A40 towards Oxford. Occasional 4x4 overtaking, fair play.

Then two lads in a red hatchback decide to give it a go. Missus actually waved at them when we saw them boot first in the hedges two turns later.

Spent nearly 4 hours at thornhill Park and ride helping people dig their cars out yesterday.

Do you live near here then? I’m not far from thornhill Park and ride!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yesterday I could hear cars gunning it past my place.
    Ridiculous when considering there is a zebra crossing literally outside my front door and a busy one at that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!