PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Also, hi Billy :)
  • Hey Haak! Hope you’re good, gonna try and get myself up to date with this and join some games.

Lol at the suggestion that VOG isn’t one of co-op gaming highest highs.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Well, now that there's cross-play I am up for a visit to the VoG :)
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I would deffo do that for old times sake!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Ugh I keep loading into the bugged version of Astral Alignment, irritating the shit out of me. And, I can't seem to import my Xbox friends.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I am excited about the future of destiny. Could we get the crota gang back together.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Scrota, sack of Oryx!
  • If I never see another version of that handle in my instances it'll be too soon. Ditto Mara Sov's OnlyFans/Bathwater. Get some new gags, nerds.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I do wish there were stricter ruleson character naming and more of an uptake by the community to invest in their reputation a touch more.
  • I'm enjoying this season's activities so far, and gotta give a special shout out to the environmental art and design teams (yet again). The Dreaming City and the Ascendant Realm are so damn cool, and for me Astral Alignment is the prettiest location for a seasonal event we've had yet. Every time I load in I'm spellbound by that view. I also like that they made the Blind Well a part of the activity, I do miss the craziness of that place. 

The new seasonal weapons look very cool but I haven't spent enough time with any of them to find any favourites yet. I'm hoping that hand cannon's decent.
  • Broadband has shit the bed :(

Week Tuesday till BT come "fix" it.....
    Can-of-sprite
  • Having not played a lot of Chosen and almost nothing of Splicer, I'm gradually working through those seasonal quests as well as Lost. So much to do.

Got Null Composure (and Salvager's Salvo) this morning, and it's so good to have fusions back in business thanks to their rework and the benefits of the seasonal mods. And man, Reservoir Burst is still a wonderfully batshit perk. 

I'm one unlock from the final fusion damage mod and I've been planning my weapon combinations. I'm thinking either Null Composure plus Sleeper, or Merciless plus Threaded Needle (vorpal). Just gotta settle on a legendary kinetic primary. 

Alternatively, as I just got the Traveller's Chosen catalyst, I could use that with Veritiy's Brow on my Warlock for grenade/ability spam on demand (thanks Ehroar), plus Null Composure and Threaded Needle for all the buffed fusion goodness. Yup.
  • I was in love with null composure last season, resovoir burst is indeed mental.
    Iv been trying that and sleeper with the artifact perks too and it's crazy.

My crown splitter ain't quite doing the same numbers as last season but it's still beastly anyway and it's so so good.

I'm goinna have a look at other linear fusions (tarantula etc) for heavy slot as I just love telesto so so much.

Was gonna join on you last night too stormy but mates kept me talking on party chat and weren't sure if I'd be interupting something so just left it.

Anyone feel free to join me at any time.
  • Cheers Davie, will do. I'm really far behind atm, so me and Scant have just been catching up on everything we've missed. I still haven't unlocked all my Stasis stuff. We've done a bit of cross-play with another friend on PS5 and we just can't get the voice chat working. No idea what's going on with that. 

For legendary linear fusions, have a look at Threaded Needle. Aim for vorpal, get clown cartridge as well and you're laughing.

And yeah, Telesto is just wonderful. Others may beat it for DPS, but nothing beats it for unbridled joy, fun, and stupidity.
  • Mythoclast in Charged with Light build to get High Energy Fire is already pretty much the best primary option going now, throw on the seasonal Fusion damage mod and it's actually silly.
    Wish I had summat more interesting/destructive to go in my kinetic slot than Heritage, to pair with it.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    In all my years of Destiny I never really thought much of Fusions. Pretty much always been a HC/Snipes type gun. Did some Crucible last night to shake out some of the rust for IB this week.
  • There are a couple of really fun fusions, but for the most part I'm not a fan.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah same, but I guess that's the good thing, you pick the weapons you like to use and stay within that range.
  • I really lik do the fusion in the D2 MP beta, that was loads of fun
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I think hand cannons will always be my favourite primary, followed by sidearms and scout, and they're probably my favourite weapons outright. Fusions, followed by breach-loading GL's, are my specials of choice. Telesto, Jotun, Erentil, Loaded Question (and now Null Composure), I've had so much fun with those things, plus I love how unashamedly sci-fi they are. The voop, the visual effects of the shots, the disintegrations, just magic. 

With heavy weapons I'm torn between machine guns and linear fusions, love how those guns look and feel to use (RIP my curated-roll Hammerhead), but with their deflated state over the last year or so I haven't used them much beyond bounty requirements.

Don't think there's any weapon type I genuinely don't enjoy.
  • Don't think there's any weapon type I genuinely don't enjoy.

The biggest weapons are hunters, and I hate them.
  • Oh I know you do! I can only imagine the hell that must've been the Crucible this year - full of those bouncy, dodgy, invisible, and now icy-whirlwind wielding fuckers.

Since Beyond Light launched I've only played on my Warlock, haven't played any PVP, and was not at all fussed about Stasis as an element. Felt like a load of clunky trash (not fully unlocked, remember).

Then I played through the campaign with my Hunter this weekend and unlocked that super and now I'm all "FUCK YEAH STASIS OWNS!!!"

Gonna main Hunter now.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Let's not start, fuck sake. Hunters? I've played all classes in Crucible and Titans DEFINITELY have the best tools for that particular job.
  • Why you picking on poor old Titans? They never hurt no one! 

'Cause Hunters killed 'em too quick.

Edit: FTR I don't play Crucible and am only in this for the stirring.
  • PVP is probably more mechanically balanced than it's ever been, most of the most egregious outlier weapons and abilities have been nerfed towards sanity, but it still sucks a lot.

Fundamentally, giving quicker access to what should be a comeback mechanic - supers - to those who get on a killstreak is a very stupid idea and as long as that persists, it's hard to take everything else they do seriously.

Matchmaking that doesn't account for skills just makes this worse. Almost every round of Control I've been through since they went connection-only has been a one-sided thrashing and it's miserable. I can only assume they made this switch because maintaining a working skillranking system is now too expensive for a studio that's having to make entirely its own way for funds.
  • Nope, its because a vocal portion of the usebase continually moaned about SBMM.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    I can only assume they made this switch because maintaining a working skillranking system is now too expensive for a studio that's having to make entirely its own way for funds.

Surely the have some insight form the Halo 2 days, you would think.
  • Nope, its because a vocal portion of the usebase continually moaned about SBMM.

If this was the chief reason, the whole saga is even more depressing.
  • Aye, agree with all that, Brooks. I play a shit load of online PvP and I just can't stand the Crucible. For me it's the worst designed, implemented, and supported PvP in modern online gaming. 

The reliance on peer-to-peer connections like it's still the 90's or something is a major factor in the abandonment of SBMM. No dedicated region based servers, so high ranked matches would put you against people half the world away with all the connection issues you'd expect from P2P. Didn't help that a load of these guys were visible streamers and YT'ers. An absolute shit show. 

Besides that, the maps aren't great for the large part, supers are a joke both mechanically (killing an entire team with a roaming super then running to the opposite side of the map to do it all again as the poor saps are respawning should never be allowed to happen) and for the snowballing issues described, there are too many one-shot abilities, there are too many one-shot special weapons with too much ammo, respawns are terribly implemented, BEING FUCKING FROZEN IS NOT FUN, random players only being there to complete a quest or whatever drag the whole team down (I'm also very guilty of AFK'ing/throwing just to complete some bullshit objective - but the game practically makes me if I want this weapon or that catalyst), and well, it all just sucks. 

But hey if you enjoy it then that's cool too. Just know that you're an enabling monster.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!