Dead Cells
  • Makes me happy seeing the love this is getting.

Even Sterling is glowing about it. My will is being severely tested rn.
  • Also can we have available formats in the thread title?
  • Man, just screwed the pooch on two golden runs. 

Was buffed to the shizen twice late levels, and just FUCKED UP.

Damn. Did finish a daily for the first time, so that's good.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Was playing this on the tube and the guy next to me said that looks like shinobi which it does but I hadn’t made that connection
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I had, because I had a run with throwing knives and shit.
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Can't get this out of my head. The first boss specifically.
    Spoiler:
  • This is why good rogue likes are great, and why people can spend 1000s of hours on them. Slay the Spire is definitely the one everyone needs to watch out for next.
  • On my best run yet and I've spent most of it with a fucking boomerang that I hate and a shield I always forget to use. Trap City in here right now.
  • Rampart is the only shield I can really deal with, because you don't have to time parries.

Old man reflexes what up.
  • I'm still on the same run I was when I beat the BB boss. Had a crap starter weapon for ages, so I ended up using other stuff. Crossbomatic, fire grenades and ice arrows to freeze shit when it gets out of control. I barely use the sword at all. The crossbomatic seems really OP now and it's hard not to rely on it too much.

It's taken me all the way through
    Spoiler:
    and now well into
    Spoiler:
    I expect to hit a boss at some point and get battered, but in the main levels there's nothing much that can stop these tactics.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Still not tried a shield, even though I promised myself I would. More to learn.
  • 2nd boss down at the first time of asking...

Just hit HPC
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    There's a rabbit away here.
  • I've been abusing traps to be fair and they mean you can focus on dodging attacks constantly, which makes fighting tough guys a lot easier.
  • And I'm down.

Fuck me that got hard fast.

2nd boss was mint, by the way. Great fun.
  • Traps are still really overpowered and by my reckoning the easiest way to win the game. There’s one particular skill which is just ridiculous and I’ve used it to great effect many times.
  • I actually tried to play last night but I got stared with the broadsword and just hate how slow it is (then I died to a rift and called it quits)

It’s neat that the save system lets you know how many runs you’ve done (50, total)
  • Yeah, I don't like the broadsword. I prefer going in fast and up close but I got stuck with a boomerang and shield and... Ugh.
  • Not bought this yet... and probably won’t for a while. Too many game for play. Don’t want this to distract me from Hollow Knight. Already been distracted by holiday and a couple of books.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 2nd boss down at the first time of asking... Just hit HPC
    And I'm down. Fuck me that got hard fast. 2nd boss was mint, by the way. Great fun.
    My run ended the same way. Stumbled into
    Spoiler:
    Having got that far I'm a bit surprised I haven't
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah, I'm finding rushing too fast through the opening sections at the moment and therefore not picking up good enough kit for once I get to CT and on.

Need to chill the pace down.
  • Nah, speed = time doors = many scrolls
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Just got to BB for the first time on my longest run (just over 30 min). Thought I was doing well against
    Spoiler:
    and then I got ruined.

Love, love, love this.
  • I'm embarrassed about how buffed I can get every run and still not clocked it.

• It scales hard, man.

I think i’ll start a new file, in solidarity with the new folk.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Nah, speed = time doors = many scrolls
    Good for cells, not so good for equipment or higher stats, I've found. What's behind the doors ain't been great in my experience (other than cells).
  • I mean, it depends how hard your speeding it through and if you happen to get drops or not, I guess. I've been pretty unlucky in my faster runs, I think.
  • I tends to do better on faster runs, because exploring leads to more mistakes.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    It scales hard, man.

I think i’ll start a new file, in solidarity with the new folk.

Yeah have done the same. Got to the first boss last night, shite build, decimated.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Lol DS what a scrub.

Just absolutely battered the first boss,
    Spoiler:

What a smashing game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!