What brings you here, stranger?
  • What you don't dare to?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Surely it's do, not to?
  • Well not according to the internet, which is wrong.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    I have no idea how I ended up on the Edge forum, but within a week of joining I was called a cunt and never looked back.
    Darthjim started an argument with me within three posts so I knew I wouldn't leave Also got accused of being an alias after about three days because I'm just. that. good.

Amateurs. I'm pretty sure i got called a cunt and told to fuck off after my first post! ;)

For a deeper (less interesting?) back story...I'd read Edge since issue 1 and I'm pretty sure I checked out the very first edge forum, whenever that was. Back then though i was still young and hip and wasn't really interested in a forum...years went by and of all places it was the gamesradar forum where i first actively (ish) joined in a forum. In a funny precursor to Edge, they soon shut down their forum, and the community then set up their own offshoot forum where I stuck around for a while. I think it was Birdo that directed me here, saying how nice you all were - see my comment above to see how that worked out! :)
    Anyway, I stuck it out to prove a point, then Edge soon shut down their forum and I followed here as I was still attempting to get your acceptance...I'm still here hoping it will happen one day! :P
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Wasn’t your first post starting a thread to pimp your game? If so, the reaction was understandable.

Glad you stuck it out, mind.
  • I posted once or twice about underrated GBA games, then forgot my password and didn't bother reactivating the account as it turns out I was the second CyberRazorCut on the books anyway.  Dunno when I became Moot_Geeza - 2009 or 2010 maybe.  The layout changed once or twice, then they dumped us on the weird half-arsed placeholder forum that seemed to be them saying

g22q7so.gif
  • I was on the mariokart forum but it was getting more and more full of kids and I wanted something a bit more high brow so came here
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    How disappointed you must have been
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Stopharage wrote:
    I have no idea how I ended up on the Edge forum, but within a week of joining I was called a cunt and never looked back.
    Darthjim started an argument with me within three posts so I knew I wouldn't leave Also got accused of being an alias after about three days because I'm just. that. good.

Amateurs. I'm pretty sure i got called a cunt and told to fuck off after my first post! ;)

For a deeper (less interesting?) back story...I'd read Edge since issue 1 and I'm pretty sure I checked out the very first edge forum, whenever that was. Back then though i was still young and hip and wasn't really interested in a forum...years went by and of all places it was the gamesradar forum where i first actively (ish) joined in a forum. In a funny precursor to Edge, they soon shut down their forum, and the community then set up their own offshoot forum where I stuck around for a while. I think it was Birdo that directed me here, saying how nice you all were - see my comment above to see how that worked out! :)
    Anyway, I stuck it out to prove a point, then Edge soon shut down their forum and I followed here as I was still attempting to get your acceptance...I'm still here hoping it will happen one day! :P

I doubt the forum could ever forgive you for beating me in the PES Grand Final.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I was an Edge reader from the start too. But it would have been a fair old while before I joined the forum. I can remember getting into a flame war or two on some US based forums about OT stuff such as gun control.  Learned some lessons there.

I had knocked around forums long enough to know not to create a "what's your favourite game" thread when I joined the Edge forum. But I think I was pretty much invisible for a while. I do remember getting a knock back when I posted a limerick in one thread and a subsequent response post referring to "dodgy limericks by second rate members". Don't remember who that was though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I read the comments in the back of the magazine and so decided to join up. Think I got into an argument with unlikely fairly quickly... Which seemed an induction of sorts.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I remember hating Unlikely for the first year I joined tbh
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I think I declared my love for him pretty soon after I joined.

I was young and daft.
  • Stopharage wrote:

I doubt the forum could ever forgive you for beating me in the PES Grand Final.

For leading plucky little England to victory over Adriano powered Brazil i thought they'd put up a statue! ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I regularly declare my love for DS.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It is appreciated and noted on the vendetta spreadsheet.
  • I had a curry with a mate who mentioned Light Junglist this evening.  We didn't love him.
  • I don't remember that much from the forums.

Makes me feel like I've early onset Alzheimer's
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm pretty sure you weren't in Ras Dam's sig list of important forum members anyway.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Friday at about 2pm the Edge staff were in the pub so it was Aphid O Clock
  • For the majority of 2005 I was working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week in the games industry. The office always got the latest Edge mag and I found the forum a good place to while away those hours.

I can’t remember if I was told I was a Cunt, but I was.

In October 2005 I quit the industry and had about 10 years of playing no games. I never forgot the forum though and about last October had a Google for it, leading me here. I couldn’t be happier to be back.

x
  • I dropped by sometime between 03 - 04 I think, before Halo 2 anyway. I think I said something flippant that CiT pulled me up on, or something. Can't really remember.

I joined bnb shortly after everyone moved; I told DS I only joined because I beat one his times on Trials and wanted to rub it in.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!