Han Solo Movie Spoilers
  • For me, a kick ass space battle can save a film with an obviously rewritten script, missing character development, too much fan service and ill advised CGI actors.
  • Episode VIII has been worst of the lot so far.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Agree with EvilRedEye, Solo could have been a novel or a comic.

Its annoying that disney refuse to go down the Old Republic route. Maybe they will in the future. Its a complete blank slate for them and theres alot they could do with it.

Old Republic Fatal Alliance novel and the Darth Bane trilogy could be fantastic movies.
  • Rogue One is fucking awful, but at least it wasn't meant to be that good. The Last Jedi is unforgivable, has actually killed off my interest in Star Wars for good. I just lol at the desperate cry for attention that Solo is. Looooooooooool lol Disney you fuckos
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message

Disney is drowning in MCU money and is about to get more from Pixar. If a bunch of huge franchises can’t compensate for an occasional foul ball, what’s the point of having a bunch of big franchises? Star Wars IX will still be big, and at worst Lucasfilm can release one “big” Star Wars movie every two-to-three years. When lifelong Star Wars fans ruefully admit that they just aren’t psyched to see the newest Star Wars movie, especially one that cost as much as $300 million thanks to reshoots (shades of Justice League), maybe these “young original trilogy character” prequels aren’t the way to go. They never were, but now we might (pending post-debut legs) have proof.
  • Can't say I was particularly moved by Solo. I felt it went on a bit and was bored about half way through. My nephew's pronouncement that 'it was okay' spoke volumes as he's a real Star Wars addict. There were some nice nods to other film and Han's future but there was a whole load of sledgehammer to open a nut at times.  It wasn't a bad film, but didn't seem to have the sheen of a Star Wars event movie. Ho hum.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hobie Doyle can't act!
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Would that it were so simple, trippingly.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I really think Rogue One is BAD. Like genuinely bad. It's a complete mess.

I quite enjoyed Rogue One, bar some bad acting from Felicity Jones, chronic over acting from Forrest Whitaker and a shaky script.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Rogue One was great. It was just missing a John Williams score.
  • Rogue One is my favourite SW movie, Solo a close second. And I’ve read alllllllll the books even the recent less entertaining entries, completely agree with Dino, the Darth Bane Trilogy, the first in particular would make the most amazing film.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

marvel-beckett-cover.jpg

HahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Star Wars: Beckett #1 by Gerry Duggan (writer) and Will Sliney, Edgar Salazar, and Marc Laming (artists)
    On Sale: August 2018

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE DEADLY!
    Tobias Beckett taught Han Solo everything he knows about surviving hoodlum-filled cantinas and backwater worlds. But who is this career outlaw and why is Enfys Nest — one of the galaxy’s most dangerous and brutal marauders — so dead set on taking him down once and for all? Find out in this original tale of a man who has gamed star system after star system, but at a cost that no heist can make up for.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Who came up with the name Enfys Nest anyway? I had no idea what they were saying.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/HkTYDnmn3Uf9wpWI3 (This was me before Solo last Thursday if it even works.)
  • Who came up with the name Enfys Nest anyway? I had no idea what they were saying.

Same!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Finally saw this. I approached with trepidation after the flaming shitbag of a movie that was TLJ.
    In short I thought it was very bloody good.
    The actorman playing Han though while better than I was expecting is still totally not the right fit.
    Lando was glorious however.
    I liked how Han and Chewie met. I liked Paul Bettany (in a nice but predictable turn).
    I thought the locations and set design looked great. The yacht interior shits all over the bland crap that was Canto Bight.

Yeah it isnt strictly necessary in the scheme of things but I enjoyed it and more importantly it didnt ruin Han Solo for me. I'd happily watch more.

Also nice surprise to see Maul.
    He turns up in the Clone Wars series I think. He appears in Rebels(the latest SW cartoon that recently finished) but that is set after the Clone Wars series and its there I think where its told how he survives.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Just seen it, enjoyed it, nice popcorn flick.

Didn’t get the Maul ending but hey ho.
  • I saw it last night too, thought it was decent, making me think that I should probably feel more excited by the shackle free spin offs than the actual main series.

The Maul thing confused me too - memory is hazy but pretty sure he was chopped in half in episode 1... but its definitely him as they made him turn on his dual lightsaber stick for no apparent reason.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It doesn't even really work for folks like me who watch the TV animations because Solo takes place between them and the end of the first series was a mess because it got axed with the Disney acquisition and the remaining stories awkwardly split up into comicbooks and shit. It's about the worst piece of content they could have thrown in there in terms of trying to make sense of it, and in a supposedly mainstream movie to boot.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • They need to stop trying to tie everything together full stop.
  • I thought the nods in this were pretty subtle TBF. A big deal wasn't made about a lot of things (where Han gets his blaster etc)
  • Maul has robot legs apparently. From the cartoon or books or something. That's what I read anyway.
  • Why did Darth Maul stop being Sidious' apprentice after surviving an injury that did for Snoke instantly and surviving a massive fall? Like how did he survive and not get killed by Sidious and/or Christopher Lee once Lee became his new apprentice? Why is Sidious leaving that kind of loose end wandering around? Shit doesn't make a lick of sense. Who would even find him down there!? First person to say that Sidious thought he was dead gets a kick in the balls.

What the fuck is wrong with people trying to shoehorn these fucking cameos in? Is he getting a fucking film? He was a fucking bit part in a single film I mean what the actual fuuuuuuuuuuck.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • It’s baffling but they’re probably setting him up for the Obi-wan movie.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Maul was a great baddie - I remember the shock of seeing him dispatched in Ep. 1 as I thought they could have made more of him in later films; esp. after him seeing Liam Neeson off.

I think I read that Obi Wan's move is the same one that Anakin tried in Ep. 3? Thus keeping the repeating theme thing going.

Or something like that.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • monkey wrote:
    It’s baffling but they’re probably setting him up for the Obi-wan movie.

OMFG NOOOOOOOOOOOO JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. YEAH SORRY PALPY OBI WAN IS TOO GOOD AT HIDING YA BOI'S BABBY IN THE DESERT BUT HERE COMES LEIUTENANT DAN MAUL TO LOSE A SECOND TIME SINCE EPISODE 4 ACTUALLY HAPPENS.

Tbh as a grown ass man (supposedly) i don't know why this toss of thing irks me so much. Oh wait, I remembered cynical fucking cashgrabbing bullshit.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Okay I'm over it. Carry on thread.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Why did Darth Maul stop being Sidious' apprentice after surviving an injury that did for Snoke instantly and surviving a massive fall? Like how did he survive and not get killed by Sidious and/or Christopher Lee once Lee became his new apprentice? Why is Sidious leaving that kind of loose end wandering around? Shit doesn't make a lick of sense. Who would even find him down there!? First person to say that Sidious thought he was dead gets a kick in the balls.

What the fuck is wrong with people trying to shoehorn these fucking cameos in? Is he getting a fucking film? He was a fucking bit part in a single film I mean what the actual fuuuuuuuuuuck.

I think it is more a case of The Phantom Menace being a total fuck up aside from Darth Maul being an awesome character and an excellent bad guy. He was killed off way too soon and should have been an ever present menace in the other two films. I think people with far more sense than George Lucas saw the wasted potential and just did what they could to bring him back.

I for one love Darth Maul and are happy to have him back. Looking forward to encountering him in the cartoons.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Yeah it's all explained in the cartoons apparently.
    Also it's made clear that Sidius didn't consider him a true sith (in the Darth plagueis novel)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Posted this elsewhere but here's my hot take

Christ. Saw Solo. It's the definition of a 3 star marvel factory machine. It's so sad that star wars has become a tick box of "remember this line" "hey remember that" "ooh who is this" a tick box exercise.

Biggest lol for me and flora was making a device that shows up for the first time in the last jedi be retconned to be an "authentic " og trilogy thing. It was ridiculous.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!