Enter the Metro
  • MuseChick wrote:
    This shooting feels...weird. I'm only about 20 mins in but not super impressed so far.

I can't turn the sensitivity high enough, coming from Apex to this feels very sluggish. I'm hoping to get used to it. Fuck those spiders though.
    Did you buy it using Argie method?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Is the Argie version inferior? Is that why it was cheaper? Missing some code or something.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I wonder about myself, sometimes. I would rate 2033 and Last Light as two of my favourite games of the PS360 era, only one notch below the mighty Dead Space. I absolutely loath RE6, but have been in a couple of conversations lately with people saying it was a decent, even good RE. In my mind it's only a little way above stuff like ET and Superman 64 on the shite-o-meter. Maybe my brain is wired wrong...
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Is the Argie version inferior? Is that why it was cheaper? Missing some code or something.
    You lose the Falklands at the end.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    MuseChick wrote:
    This shooting feels...weird. I'm only about 20 mins in but not super impressed so far.

I can't turn the sensitivity high enough, coming from Apex to this feels very sluggish. I'm hoping to get used to it. Fuck those spiders though.
    Did you buy it using Argie method?

I did.

Not feeling it. Just died because I'm out of assault rifle ammo and have to rely upon the pump up BB gun, which I also ran out of ammo for. At least you can craft ammo for that, but I'm out of crafting materials now too. Also, getting wet means your gun gets 100% dirty and you have to find a work bench to clean it otherwise it jams after every bullet you fire.
  • Urgh sounds like a chore of a game
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • I've had the first two remakes sitting on my bone hard drive for years untouched. Kanye shrug.
  • I've had the first two remakes sitting on my bone hard drive for years untouched.

Same. I’ll get to them at some point.  No rush.
  • I am now getting the jitters about buying this.  I fookin' hated the general 'feel' of the first game, control wise, and if this is still the same I may just wait for a bargain bin purchase a year or two from now.

@Diluted Dante   - do GAME still do bargain bins?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The first two are incredible and this will be too.
  • Hmm, how many 2 litre plastic bottles of cider have you had?
  • Hope it’s Scrumpy Jack
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    nah its just a man with taste, rare round these parts innit fam
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    The first two are incredible and this will be too.

high_five.gif
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've read stuff on Reddit about the sluggish controls. Apparently if you use preset 2 it's better, but you still can't change the vertical sensitivity to be the same as horizontal, so it'll still feel weird. I've not tried that out yet but fingers crossed, as I played on a bit more last night and found some cool stuff.

Enemy around the first open area:
    Spoiler:

An enemy AI thing I noticed in the same area:
    Spoiler:

Very refreshing to see encounters play out differently to the usual "thing engages player and won't stop until one of you is dead" routine of most games. I just wish the controls weren't so clunky so I could enjoy it more.
  • I went in to the first 2 being worried about the clunky controls and they were basically... Fine.

Games were both GREAT. Only a couple of foibles completely out weighed by the awesome.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I've read stuff on Reddit about the sluggish controls. Apparently if you use preset 2 it's better, but you still can't change the vertical sensitivity to be the same as horizontal, so it'll still feel weird. I've not tried that out yet but fingers crossed, as I played on a bit more last night and found some cool stuff.

Enemy around the first open area:
    Spoiler:

An enemy AI thing I noticed in the same area:
    Spoiler:

Very refreshing to see encounters play out differently to the usual "thing engages player and won't stop until one of you is dead" routine of most games. I just wish the controls weren't so clunky so I could enjoy it more.

Gotta say I’m loving this and yes the controls are a bit sluggish but it’s not too bad bad once I increased the sensitivity for the right stick.

I came across your first spoiler earlier and thought WTF. I first thought the map wasn’t very big but it’s massive and looks absolutely stunning on the X.

The weapons jamming and need cleaning are a bummer as is the lack of ammo but you get used to it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    The weapons jamming and need cleaning are a bummer as is the lack of ammo but you get used to it.

Yeah. Post apocalypse survival, innit. Weapons are cobbled together from 20+ year old spare parts. Decent bullets are so rare people use them as currency. It's initially annoying not being able to run in, guns blazing, a la Doom/CoD, but it makes sense in context. You're as squishy, if not more so, than everything you're going to fight. Each shot matters.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Imperative that the controls don't suck then.
  • Roughly 17 years after the apocalypse and everythings a lot less shit in Far Cry New Dawn. All the cars and ATV still have plenty of petrol and bullet stashes are every fucking where.
    The Forum Herald™
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    I think this is starting to click. Really enjoyed the part I've just played through.
  • The last bit
  • Yeah end bits are always the most enjoyable.
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Hah
    Spoiler:
  • Had a moment with this where I was searching for scrap materials atop an abandoned building and suddenly found myself besieged on all sides by mutants who had scaled the walls looking for fresh meat. All they got however was a face full of buckshot. Unfortunately the blasts from my shotgun attracted the attentions of a distant but much larger gang of mutants. Beating a hasty retreat from the rooftop, I legged it down the railway track pursued by an angry mob of irradiated deformities. Luckily, I was able to put enough distance between myself and the chasing pack, who turned their attentions to a group of rival mutants who had strayed into their territory.

Most games would give you the arsenal to dispatch all such foes with relative ease, but that delicate balance that Metro spins, asking the player to choose between crafting medkits, gas mask filters, or ammo, means the you can't just shoot everything that moves. Tactical retreats become an actual thing. And that's quite unique among today's BAM BAM! brain dead shooters.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • With all the scrap metal lying about, can you not craft a sword.

Just felt the hairs on the back of my neck rise as I held aloft my mighty sword and shouted "by the power of Greyskull".
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    At one point in the story a big axe lands at your feet, which your character's eyes linger on. I thought "fucking finally!" and tried to pick it up. No joy. You'd think with all this ammo scarcity a melee weapon would come in handy for when you run out in the middle of a fight and just need to finish off this last mutant, but no.
  • Hmm I see.

But in the trailer you see the protagonist run out of ammo and pull a knife whilst throwing it at a mutant.
    Can you only carry one knife and not a brace of retrievable blades, maybe some circular saw blades.
    The possibilities are endless in a game with scrap everywhere!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You do have throwing knives actually, and they are retrievable, dead handy for stealth kills. But good luck aiming one of those for a headshot on a mutant when you're up close.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!