Happy 2019
  • Loathe NYE, always a disappointment. Most looking forward to seeing Reg and pals on the 4th, though to be fair I am already steaming. Have a good one badger buddies.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Not sure I want to stay up until 12.

You’ll ruddy stay up with the rest of us and like it, young man!

I’m playing Boulderdash with family and getting comfortably sozzled on port. It seems to be staving off any potential end-of-year blues.
    Get schwifty.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Trying to understand Power Grid with friends in a borrowed, surprisingly comfortable static caravan near Anstruther in Fife. I've had worse Hogmanays.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Kazuo wrote:
    Loathe NYE, always a disappointment. Most looking forward to seeing Reg and pals on the 4th, though to be fair I am already steaming. Have a good one badger buddies.

Oh hell yes
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    jdanielp wrote:
    Trying to understand Power Grid with friends in a borrowed, surprisingly comfortable static caravan near Anstruther in Fife. I've had worse Hogmanays.

Cracking game, if a little brain burny for NYE!
  • Happy New Years to you all.
    I’m looking after my dad at his place as he had surgery today. My wife is celebrating with her family and the kids.

I’m on my third cup of tea and might have a bakewell slice shortly.

Rock and roll
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    jdanielp wrote:

Cracking game, if a little brain burny for NYE!

It took us a while to get going, but I think we're in the swing of it now albeit with various levels of drunken/tiredness. I'm rocking fossil fuels and nuclear but hope to transition to renewables soon.

HNY all when it comes!
  • Happy New Years to you all.
    I’m looking after my dad at his place as he had surgery today. My wife is celebrating with her family and the kids.

I’m on my third cup of tea and might have a bakewell slice shortly.

Rock and roll

Woah, woah, woah.
    Good man looking after your dad, but I will not have a bad word said against a Bakewell slice.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I started 2018 with a Yakuza backlog stretching all the way back to 2011 and finished it with a backlog back to 2018. If that isn't progress, I don't know want to know what is.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I love staying in on New year's. It was always a great night for a house party but a shit night for going out on the piss. Staying in on the piss is the way forward, I'm in the buzz sweet spot right now. Happy new year all.
  • I can’t wait to see 2018 off, only for 2019 to be just as shit *thumbs-up.jpeg*

I do like a good NYE bash tho.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Am.absolutely.knackeres and want to go to bed but it's a good night so far
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    2016 ended my faith in humanity. 2017 and 2018 were holding patterns. C'mon, 2019. Bring me a reason to smile.

Love you, ya big bunch o' badgers.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Hope all you badgers have a great 2019.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Happy 2019 to you lot back home.

I can report from the future that 2019 is sunny and warm so OK so far x
    Can-of-sprite
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Skade wrote:
    I can report from the future that 2019 is sunny and warm so OK so far x
    Good to know. Am just home from a little 3 day motorcycle road trip through the desert and it's been way too cold and wet today.

2019 is still 8 hours away but Happy New Year all!

• Happy new year all.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Happy new year.
  • This just came on shuffle bang on midnight.
    Yes it's cheesy but a top new year choice.

• Spent the entire day hiding under the duvet from The Elder God Of Hangovers, after waking up this morning still somewhat pissed in a random Ibis hotel in the city centre with my visiting friend from London snoring beside me, and her dog sitting on top of me.
    Felt like death after the previous night's vodka binge did for us both. Then to top it all I realised I'd left my car parked in the west end with enough credit on the parking ticket to last till 11am, so said my goodbyes before her parents arrived to see her off on her train back to London, bought a bottle of water from the KwikyMart and did the middle aged walk of shame for a mile to the underground and finally managed to get back to Byres Road, at which point I realised I had no food in the house, so grabbed a pile of random food off the shelves in Waitrose and threw it in the back of the car with minutes to spare on the ticket.
    Made it back home, stuffed an emergency bacon sarnie down my gob and hit the sack, where I've been hiding for the rest of the day.
    Think I'll make some toast now.

I think for many of us, 2018 has been a year we'll be glad to see the back of. For me, it's certainly had it's share of highs and lows, though nothing to compare with what some of you have gone through.
    We lost Mos in tragic circumstances earlier in the year, and his thoughtful presence here is sadly missed.
    On a brighter note though, we said hello to a few more of the next generation of little badgers, which always brings a smile to my face.
    When all is said and done, another year has passed, and we're still here sharing the slings and arrows with each other, and that counts for something in these crazy times we live in.
    So 2019 dawns, and with it comes new challenges in what will undoubtably be a difficult year for the whole country. Still, whatever happens, we'll face it together in our little corner of the internet, and hopefully that will make life a little easier to bear for us all, regardless of what the future may throw at us. 
    I wish you all health, wealth and happiness.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Happy New Year all you people I’ve never met!
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I remember Uncharted 2 coming out and it seeming like the absolute future with its super-shiny HD graphics. A decade ago this year. Where does the time go?

Also ten years of being able to throw money at Minecraft.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • G man, you always have a wonderful way with words. I always look forward to your New Years post :)

To echo G’s post may I just say that as every year passes I appreciate this place and you guys more and more, we’ve all had some real ups and some real downs and some we’ve shared and others I’m sure we haven’t but one thing I know is that the forum will always be here to lend an ear and a friendly chat to those who need it.

We might argue and squabble, we might fight and say things we regret but all you have to do is look in the off topic section to see those same people who were calling you a dick for your views on the latest EA release or your enjoyment of Switch remaster/re-release number 12 offering help, advice and a sympathetic ear or even offering genuine celebrations at the news of your little badgers recent discovery.

Like a family who are at each other’s throats one minute and then laughing at grandad falling asleep in his chair the next, we’ll always be here and always be family in our own unique way.

I might be rambling a tad but the point is, the older I get the more I realise how important you all are to me and how no matter what this year brings us we’ll face it together.

I love ya you weird bunch of nutters.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • In terms of this place.
    Well I can't ignore that I left mid summer.
    I don't regret it, Im not entirely over the reasons i left but ultimately the reasons i left either resolved, semi resolved or on balance werent worth leaving for.
    Certainly some time off helped and I'm glad I did it.
    There are aspects and traits of some contributors that I'm never going to be in line with but I've learnt that it is ok to think that way and hopefully learnt a bit more of the level of debate that is reasonable without becoming tiresome.
  • Families squabble. T'is the way of things. It's just nice to have you back mate.
  • Happy 2019. Though it will be a clusterfuck.
    Oh, and Happy New Year to you too Gonzo.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Happy New year everyone. Here's hoping your 2019 is better than your 2018.
  • g.man wrote:
    Families squabble. T'is the way of things. It's just nice to have you back mate.

Cheers babe.
  • Happy new year! Hopefully see some of you boys again in 2019.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!