Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn (OP updated with players)
  • 10 million? That is crazy!

Just realised Pathfinder can use his grappling hook ability to pull enemies to him. "Get over here!".

The Wingman pistol is a beast if you've just landed at the start of a game. Dropped an entire squad yesterday with it in about 30 seconds.

Not sure if this has been posted, but found a really useful table showing all weapon stats.

https://ibb.co/FDxP9yk
  • Anyone about for a few games?

Got another win yesterday with a team of randoms, all had mics though.

I didn't do too much really in that one.
    Got 10 kills in one before.

Wish there was some way to see how many youv downed In total that someone else has finished or has been revived.
  • I'm about to attempt this thing.
  • Anyone unlocked any of the other two characters?
    I'm 600 off one and looking at mirages decoy ability as helpful.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've unlocked both. Mirage is awesome. I'm undecided about the gas guy. Need to give him more time.
  • I'd prefer to be able to tell how much armour someone was rocking just by looking at them, but it ain't a major issue for me.

Closest thing to this is that the damage counts when firing on opponents are colour coded to their armour grade.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • Twice in a row now iv had games were both randoms quit as we pick characters.

Made it to 3Rd place squad one of those times by just running and hiding.
  • Just got my first win. 5 kills, total of 12 for the team. This game is so smooth it completely trumps any other BR game I've played.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Had a game with randoms earlier and it was really good. We landed on the supply ship, wiped one squad there, but were really far from the circle so had a bit of a dash to get inside. As we pushed on we ran up against another 2 squads, a couple of knock downs and revives for us but we managed to clear them out.

We were all quite far down on health and armour now with the ring closing in. A mad dash, with emergency healing to stop the ring from killing us saw us just about survive until we got back in the ring. We got some supplies, healed up and regrouped.

We were unlucky with the circle again, and had to move. We ran into another squad a bit further on in a built up area with some nice loot. We took them out pretty quickly, but a second group closed in on us from the other direction. They didn't push us though so we managed to heal up and the took the fight to them, and wiped them out in an extended firefight. In the melee we lost a squad member though, and he ended up outside of the ring so we couldn't rescue him. 3 squads remained.

We had to move again because of the ring, and we could hear the other two squads fighting it out, so we pushed up on them. 2 squads left. We came across the last squad a bit too late, they had enough time to heal up before we got to them, and with 3 of them and only 2 of us we couldn't take them. I got one knock down but they were too strong and finished us off. It was a great game though. It was a really good scrap the whole game.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Cheers Tiger and Nexx, that was great fun. Some close games there.

This is just great.
  • A few more wins last night, the first being the best.  All agro all the time, starting on landing - grab a Peacekeeper, a handful of ammo, and dive in to help my squad who were in one of those early game "I've only got a pistol and an Arcstar!" fights.   Cleaned up, found a Spitfire, and went hunting.  Was one of those games where, even going into the last fight, you just know you're gonna win.  Loading into a new match as the champion team and seeing yourself on the banners as the champion player, complete with a bounty on your head, will never get old.  

kJZjIui.jpg

TfgZHco.jpg

And yeah, I've worked on my banner since.  It's all badged up now.
  • Nice!

Should finally get a good crack at this today. Hype.
  • I'm sure you'll love it, it really is a class act.

Best BR by far.
  • Set this up to download, quite fancy giving it a shot.
    Not like I’ll actually get any fucking time to play it though!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • It's the most engaging thing I've played since Overwatch. Still getting my 'normal' fps twitch muscles back into working order... Haven't played anything like it since early Destiny.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Downloaded this morning. I'm Blue5wirl, my standard back up when the version with an S is taken.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Had a pop at 2 games today. Flipping awesome. But need some help with picking a class I think... I went with tank guy but dunno if there is an easier starting person? Or is it just getting used to it?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • They all move the same and have the same health so their abilities are what matters and that’s generally dependent on your team. Lifeline is good for healing, Pathfinder has good mobility/escape, they’re all fairly easy to parse and you can read about their abilities on the Legends page.
  • Ah okay cool. Will put some more time in and learn the ropes better. Overall though I think this is great; the things others have mentioned like team dropping etc is brilliant
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    They all move the same and have the same health so their abilities are what matters and that’s generally dependent on your team. Lifeline is good for healing, Pathfinder has good mobility/escape, they’re all fairly easy to parse and you can read about their abilities on the Legends page.

Aye, I was talking to Goobs about that as he was put off Gibraltar due to the movement speed. Turns out it's just a trick of the camera height and how fast the arms move when you run. Had me fooled too.
  • Yup, i’d clocked it because i’d never had any trouble keeping pace with team mates, and then a dev tweet had confirmed it was the case. You can also climb surprisingly high walls at times too, always worth giving it a go. And letting go of climb before you mantle lets you hang on to peek over, but I presume that had already been covered.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Well, off to a good start. Game shat itself when I went into the training mode, and now I can't find Origin in my apps list. Back to MtG Arena it is, then.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    This game is so good that even playing with randoms is a joy.

• Anyone keen for some PS4 games tonight?
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • SeanySean wrote:
    Anyone keen for some PS4 games tonight?

I'm just hoping on now, fire me an invite when your on.
  • Any issues for guys on ps4? Had no problems on Xbox this morning but trying ps4 this afternoon was laggy when jumping and for first minutes of the match
  • Also I really need to get good :(
  • I've had a couple of instances like that, but once in game it's mostly been great.  Had a few connection issues while loading up as well, but nothing serious. 

And don't worry, you'll acclimatise soon enough.  I was absolute trash when I started playing this on Monday, but I've got 4 wins so far tonight with the crew.
  • Yeah connection issues as well.

Think I need to pick 3 characters and just stick with em till I get gud
  • I'm a dedicated Bloodhound main, the guy's amazing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!