This Sporting Life
  • Is that up near Mundaring or something?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Good luck Shabs fucking rek those noobs.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • It's near Gidgegannup on a private property so it's not open all the time. Really fun and pretty course in the trees.

I didn't win though unfortunately. Didn't play too bad on the last rounds but had a few too many bad holes. Gave me a lot of stuff to work on though. The national comp is in Mt Gambier in the November so I want to practice so I have a chance of winning that.
  • We're playing Mundaring today though.

You can see the course here when the pros came and played in 2017. I wasn't playing then but would have loved to see them. They can throw crazy far.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I enjoyed frisbee mode in Tiger Woods on Wii. It's also in Wii Sports Resort. Solid implementation.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Cool kids would use an Aerobie... ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • davyK wrote:
    I enjoyed frisbee mode in Tiger Woods on Wii. It's also in Wii Sports Resort. Solid implementation.

Oh really? Didn't ever get to play resort. I know there's a VR one but it looked pretty simple.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yep. Rather well done due to the fidelity of M+ allowing you to tilt the frisbee before throwing it. There's a cute little dog catch mode too with a score attack side to it.

The Tiger woods version requires you to hit the pin - with resort there's a zone around the pin you only have to hit so makes it a bit easier, but apart from that I remember them being equally good control wise. Tiger Woods on Wii has a pile more courses obviously (and on Wii, Tiger Woods has all courses without having to pay for DLC which was another advantage it had).

Resort was really a quite splendid game - a riot in 4 player - but it probably will remain quite unique. The archery was excellent. Only thing really missing was an update to Tennis though there is a really solid Table Tennis game instead.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Anyone else into climbing? I'm about to try a training phase for the first time, I'm going to try and get strong.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!