PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Will Fisher want anything
  • Yes, you’ve already told us what she wants.  It’s you we’re worried about.
  • More TIME without baby?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    GOT IT TODAY
  • The next Amazon PS5 drop will consist of 5000 Ratchet & Clank bundles apparently, lel.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Do we know if that’s disc PS5 and physical game, digital PS5 and game code or a bit of each?  I’m still after a digital PS5, and I wants me some R&C.
    Get schwifty.
  • It said £510 on the website I was looking at so disc console by the looks of things, but it's all rumour at this stage.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Ah, okay. Cheers.
    Get schwifty.
  • Metro Exodus sounds better with tempest turned off when using headphones connected to the pad.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Metro Exodus sounds better with tempest turned off when using headphones connected to the pad.

What's tempest?
    I'm playing thru metro exodus just now and loving it.
  • The hardware (I assume) 3d sound thing.
  • Can anyone please nutshell me the PS4 games thing that comes with a PS5?

From what I understand it is a selection of PS4 titles, totally free (or with PS+?) forever, download and install no streaming nonsense. Is that correct? Also is the offer for a limited time?

I'm tempted by a PS5 and never had a PS4 so it would be a decent offering for myself.

• LivDiv wrote:
    Can anyone please nutshell me the PS4 games thing that comes with a PS5? From what I understand it is a selection of PS4 titles, totally free (or with PS+?) forever, download and install no streaming nonsense. Is that correct? Also is the offer for a limited time? I'm tempted by a PS5 and never had a PS4 so it would be a decent offering for myself.

If you have plus, they're in your collection (as long as you have plus). Think of them as free monthly games except they don't go away.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
  • Thanks both.
    So I would need + but that doesn't seem too bad as the the offerings are a much better than GWG.

I'm not gonna get too much into chasing stock but in the unlikely event some is right there I might dive in.
  • digi wrote:
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Metro Exodus sounds better with tempest turned off when using headphones connected to the pad.

What's tempest?
    I'm playing thru metro exodus just now and loving it.
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    The hardware (I assume) 3d sound thing.

Didn't realize it could be turned off, and not sure why it would sound better.
    Sound is amazing thru my Sony platinums!
  • Just doing some internet searching about it and there are a few posts talking about turning it off for various games, spotify - from what I've seen so far.

Need to try turning it off on Returnal - that should be worse.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Thanks both.
    So I would need + but that doesn't seem too bad as the the offerings are a much better than GWG.

I'm not gonna get too much into chasing stock but in the unlikely event some is right there I might dive in.

If you’ve not owned a PS4 definitely good value. I’d also suggest maybe getting PS Plus (check CDKeys or Shopto for deals) and add games to your library from the store each month until you get one, usually a good mix of games.
  • Crikey.  Imagine playing games like Bloodborne, God of War, Spider-Man, The Last Guardian etc for the first time.  What an amazing time that would be.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Thanks Boris.

Yeah I've had a list like that for a while Elf. Some like Neir Automata dropped off because they came to Xbox eventually.
    I have held off on a PS4 for a good while because they remain stupid money at retail. 500gb Slims are still £260, fuck off am I paying that for a last gen console.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    digi wrote:

Sony built a proprietary audio system which devs will need to build for specifically to get the best out of. Multiplatform devs mostly won’t bother, they’ll pipe their standard surround mix into Tempest and leave it at that.

From what I’ve been reading, outside of first party stuff, it seems like you’re usually better off without Tempest audio.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Crikey.  Imagine playing games like Bloodborne, God of War, Spider-Man, The Last Guardian etc for the first time.  What an amazing time that would be.

Especially with the better frame rates and loading times.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    digi wrote:

Sony built a proprietary audio system which devs will need to build for specifically to get the best out of. Multiplatform devs mostly won’t bother, they’ll pipe their standard surround mix into Tempest and leave it at that.

From what I’ve been reading, outside of first party stuff, it seems like you’re usually better off without Tempest audio.

Of course and how did I not think to turn it off when using Spotify ffs!
    Thanks.
  • Just tested a few games:

I think Bloodborne sounded better without 3D Audio - but obvs that's a PS4 game. Some sounds were a bit too shrill. I'd thought this before but don't have my PS4 to compare. 3D audio probably explains this.

Metro was clearer without.

Returnal defintely needed 3D on. All the height and depth is lost without it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    My understanding is the additional channels for the Tempest audio means each channel is more compressed because there's only so much wireless bandwidth, so it can potentially sound worse. I guess the first party stuff is maybe optimised better so it's less noticeable? Or maybe proper native Tempest audio is less compressed than if it's converting regular audio to Tempest? Or something? But yeah, I think this audio quality varience between Tempest on and off is a confirmed thing.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    But surely there aren’t extra channels through headphones?

Headphones are two channels, you’ve got two speakers. Surely the extra channels are being processed by the Tempest chip and then a resulting mix is being sent to the left and right headphones?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The store's set of "great lgbtq+ games" seems... a bit tenuous? Like hollow knight... it's it just any game where are least one character is non-cis/straight? Some seem more legit tbf...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!