Playstation 5 - It's For The Payers
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Enjoyed it all, agree it is long but wonder if that is part of the intention. Make you feel the suffering?
    I'm sure it is the intention, but it's undermined by the length rather than supported by it IMO. Feel the suffering until you've seen the same animation dozens of times and it just seems like it's enjoying showing the gore after all.
  • That's what got me - repeated animations of necks being snapped and throats being slit. All throughout the game. The first time you see it, it's fairly shocking, the twelfth time it's just gratuitous and tiresome.
  • Sony have now sold 10 million of these things since launch. 10 million released over 8 months says to me that moot can’t be F5ing hard enough.

I think the main problem is that Moot needs it to Amazon, so has limited himself severely.  Other retailers (online only or otherwise) have had plenty of stock come and go.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    He's classic mooted it
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I’ll let you know if my thirst for shinies outweighs my distaste of mass murdering.

Box is arriving today.
    Things can only get better.
  • https://www.finder.com.au/seagate-firecuda-530-playstation-5

We have done some testing with Sony on the PlayStation 5 and today we can confirm that the FireCuda 530 with the heatsink has met all the PS5 requirements. With the PS5 design, the SSD card slot is very narrow, so there's not much room for the SSD to mount. However, with the FireCuda 530 – even with the heatsink on the top – the slim design allows for it to fit. Of course, the FireCuda 530 without the heatsink is slimmer, so both of them will fit into the PS5.”

https://nascompares.com/2021/06/28/seagate-firecuda-530-nvme-ssd-finally-revealed/

Seagate Firecuda 530 ZP500GM30013 500GB – $140

Seagate Firecuda 530 ZP1000GM30013 1TB / 1000GB – $240

Seagate Firecuda 530 ZP2000GM30013 2TB / 2000GB – $490

Seagate Firecuda 530 ZP4000GM30013 4TB 4000GB – $950

(Prices taken from link above)
  • A bit of a yikes thinking about how many people will be caught out not having heatsinks on theirs and bricking the thing.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think I'm just gonna wait for dedicated PS5-targetted products.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Enjoyed it all, agree it is long but wonder if that is part of the intention. Make you feel the suffering?
    I'm sure it is the intention, but it's undermined by the length rather than supported by it IMO. Feel the suffering until you've seen the same animation dozens of times and it just seems like it's enjoying showing the gore after all.

I didn’t mean the gore and violence. I literally meant to the trudge of “I’ve got to go out and do this again” I felt the length especially the latter stages, without spoiling it for others, was about the having to literally do it again and again. Not the being shocked by it all. But by the the fact that you felt tired by the end game actually set you up to be in sync with the characters having to do things they don’t want to do but have to do. That is what I meant. You can take all the other stuff as your opinion of the game. My opinion is it’s a masterpiece that may be more than what people think it is. Or it’s just pew pew.
  • Sony has deployed its first PlayStation 5 system software update for beta testers - including the ability to test M.2 SSD storage expansions, even if it sounds a little fiddly.

The update also adds a number of useful software features, and try a version of 3D Audio for any built-in TV speaker. According to Sony, players can measure the acoustics of their room using the DualSense microphone and choose a setting best suited to their surroundings.

Meanwhile, changes to the PS5 software itself mean beta testers will now be able to see the PS4 and PS5 versions of the same game separately on the Home screen and Game Library, with a game's tile labelled as the appropriate platform.

Control Center can be further personalised by rearranging or hiding control settings. You can also use it to view and type messages to friends and parties. A new Trophy Tracker will let you access up to five awards at once.

Using Game Base, you'll have the ability to view how many friends are online, busy or offline, and manage multiple friend requests at the same time.

A PlayStation Now resolution selector will also be available, to pick between 720p and 1080p.

You can apply for access to the PS5 system software beta if you're over the age of 18 and live in either the UK, US, Canada, Germany, France or Japan. The scheme, first detailed last month, is designed to collect feedback on its raft of changes before they become available to all globally.

Edit for link.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-07-29-playstation-5-system-beta-now-shows-ps4-and-ps5-versions-of-same-game-separately
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    My F5 game is weak, I keep getting distracted.

Coupon.gif
  • those SSD prices are too rich for my tastes - wont there be cheaper solutions in 12 month time?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • From the beta firmware changelog:

"We’ve improved the game audio quality of some games when 3D audio for headphones is enabled."

Hopefully, that will stop me having to experiment with 3d audio on/off on a game by game basis.
  • I guess it means two seperate thumbnails. Must say I don't mind how it is now.

I'd rather they made the interface more like the PS4. There always seems to be one extra PS button press required to navigate around the PS5.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Been a busy week at work, so apart from setting it up and getting it to fit snugly behind my tv, I’ve only played one level of Astros Playroom, such a nice game and perfect intro to the new system.

Overall I’m impressed with the whole package, easy setup, insert disc and if there’s a PS5 upgrade/update it’s clear you can upgrade. Had an issue with HDR, that was just down to me forgetting only half my HDMI ports support it. Only thing that failed was the WI-FI transfer of PS4 data, but given there may be PS5 updates to game downloads I’m not that bothered if I have to download again from the store.

My son has played Demon Souls, FIFA and Astro and is having a blast. No buyers remorse here feels like a proper generation leap.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    A weird one - PS5 is in rest mode, press controller PS button, console turns on, TV turns on, but then the controller disconnects. Second controller is also not connected. Any ideas what’s going on? Only way to fix it is to power off and on again.
  • Mine sometimes refuses to connect to the internet when I boot it up. Then works again if I restart it.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Didn’t have that controller problem yesterday, no clue why it happened before. User incompetence I guess.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Amazon stock @moot_geeza
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Prime only? Are you Prime? Had one loaded up but think you want to use vouchers, right??
  • Wife is Prime, cheers for the heads up but I'll leave it for now. It's been a mad month for stuff going wrong/holiday spending and I've sold some of the Amazon vouchers for a custom painting anyway. It's the first time since launch where I can't really justify it!
  • Only digital in stock for me.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s all you need baby!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Wife is Prime, cheers for the heads up but I'll leave it for now. It's been a mad month for stuff going wrong/holiday spending and I've sold some of the Amazon vouchers for a custom painting anyway. It's the first time since launch where I can't really justify it!

But I have all these games for you! Don't know why I bother...
  • Hmm, I think I may have snagged one!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Now buy Returnal
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Wife is Prime, cheers for the heads up but I'll leave it for now. It's been a mad month for stuff going wrong/holiday spending and I've sold some of the Amazon vouchers for a custom painting anyway. It's the first time since launch where I can't really justify it!

But I have all these games for you! Don't know why I bother...

Not fussed about Daemon's Soul just don't sell Sackboy ok
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ruh roh.

I still need to finish R&C in fact. And to give Returnal some more time/love. So prob best you don't get one for a while longer in fact...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!