EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yakuza: Dead Souls
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I know we’re all different but I just don’t have the time to go back and play old games that have been bettered by more contemporary titles. Never got all the excitement about the Xbox bc stuff either but I always felt that was marketing guff to hide the lack of launch games. The hardcore fans lap it up as a selling point but I’m still in the new console new game frame of mind.
  • BRING BACK MAG!!!!!!!!!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Playing Hot Wheels and it's definitely a game that makes a case for not using the fancy triggers for every game. They feel fucking awful and its actually a relief when the race ends and they go loose again. Fuck me.
  • Cross Post from ps+ thread.

PlayStation Plus games for February:

EA Sports UFC 4. (Ps4)

Planet Coaster: Console Edition. (Ps5)

Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-shot Adventure. (Ps4)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Meh
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    A wee question/ cheeky request -

Does anyone have a PS5 copy of RE8 that I could borrow for no more than 2 weeks? I want to see of I can do a gaming with a baby on a game I'm desperate to play and wonder if I'm procrastinating around other stuff and would like to use this as the experiment.
  • I doubt it's suitable for C yet m8.
  • regmcfly wrote:

Does anyone have a PS5 copy of RE8 that I could borrow for no more than 2 weeks? I want to see of I can do a gaming with a baby on a game I'm desperate to play and wonder if I'm procrastinating around other stuff and would like to use this as the experiment.

I don’t quite follow this? Are you asking to borrow RE8 to see if it’s possible to play it now you’re a father or are you wanting to sit C on the chair next to you and see if you plow through before he gets all demanding and needy like kids can do? Or is it something else entirely?
  • If so what’s the deal with the specific game? Surely your time with, say Halo, would have taught you these lessons? I’ve so many questions here.

True fax I completed the final few levels of the original MW at 4 on a Sunday morning with my baby son asleep on my knee. The older they get, the more of your time they need.
  • I think it’s the case of the games content and not playing with his son beside him?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • He’s wanting to do “a gaming with a baby” and I just don’t know what that means?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

I don’t quite follow this? Are you asking to borrow RE8 to see if it’s possible to play it now you’re a father or are you wanting to sit C on the chair next to you and see if you plow through before he gets all demanding and needy like kids can do? Or is it something else entirely?

It's the former I'm not stupid enough to make him watch it
  • It’s possible reg I spent a fair few hours on Witcher 3 you just have to forgo sleep
    The Forum Herald™
  • Is ufc good? I like real ufc.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    No, they've Simon controls that make learning them a largely rewardless chore.

I'd play Tina Turner's Assault on Dragon Keep. Be like Sumotori Dreams, where controlling her's half the battle.
  • regmcfly wrote:

You can borrow my copy. PM me.
  • digi wrote:
    Cross Post from ps+ thread.

PlayStation Plus games for February:

EA Sports UFC 4. (Ps4)

Planet Coaster: Console Edition. (Ps5)

Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-shot Adventure. (Ps4)

Urgh.
  • I've not got a PS5 yet, but what's up with this new Uncharted Collection?

It's got the usual frame rate and graphical improvements, but wasn't that the whole point of the backwards compatibility that Sony touted?

So have they basically butchered the b/c of the PS4 version to try and sell us this?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I doubt that any BC would be able to give the same upgrades as an actual remaster.

Isn't it just a cash grab for when the film comes out?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It's a proper remaster in the sense they've upgraded certain assets, reoptimised level of detail settings, tweaked the contrast and colour grading and done stuff the PS4 isn't capable of such as fully optimised loading and 120Hz. There's definately an argument to be had about whether having a native PS5 app with a new price tag is worth it vs just updating the PS4 version to increase the framerate but it's genuinely a remaster vs the PS4 version repackaged with new framerate options.
  • Does the U4 PS4 disc run at 60fps in a PS5? I read that TLOU2 doesn't as of yet.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    It's a proper remaster in the sense they've upgraded certain assets, reoptimised level of detail settings, tweaked the contrast and colour grading and done stuff the PS4 isn't capable of such as fully optimised loading and 120Hz. There's definately an argument to be had about whether having a native PS5 app with a new price tag is worth it vs just updating the PS4 version to increase the framerate but it's genuinely a remaster vs the PS4 version repackaged with new framerate options.

Fair enough, I've been a fan of remasters in the past but I was kinda hoping the b/c ecosystem would make them redundant, like your point in bold.

So does the PS4 b/c version if this not have the usual bumps in frame rate etc?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Does the U4 PS4 disc run at 60fps in a PS5? I read that TLOU2 doesn't as of yet.

They've already patched TLOU2 to run at 60fps on PS5.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Does the U4 PS4 disc run at 60fps in a PS5? I read that TLOU2 doesn't as of yet.

Trufax.

EvilRedEye wrote:

Fair enough, I've been a fan of remasters in the past but I was kinda hoping the b/c ecosystem would make them redundant, like your point in bold.

So does the PS4 b/c version if this not have the usual bumps in frame rate etc?

No.
  • Plus it includes Lost Legacy remastered. I don't think its tempting me mind.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I might begrudgingly fork out a tenner for it but I can't help thinking this will be PS+ fodder eventually.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

Must be eye wateringly gorgeous now then.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    drumbeg wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

Must be eye wateringly gorgeous now then.

It always were.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!