Playstation 5 - It's For The Payers
  • Syph79 wrote:
    They’ve been pretty smart/fair on the pricing. It was just £20 for me to go Premium for around the 5 months remaining on my Essential plan.

Just short of 25 for me for 250 days upgraded to extra.

(An extra 12 if we want premium but il leave that to my mate I share with by wich time it'll probably be cheaper still).

So far iv downloaded.
    Guardians of the galaxy (wifes enjoying it)

RETURNAL (worth the price alone)

Dead cells (yet to try)

Virginia (went thru a first play thru last nite)

Wrc 10 (for after top gear later that I missed)

Mortal kombat 11 (quite mad and enjoyable so far)

Human fall flat (me and my son were howling with laughter at this after Sunday tea yesterday)

Raiden v (only had a quick go but I need to adjust brightness or something so I can see the bullets being fired at me)

R-type final 2 (not tried yet)

Kona ( not tried yet)

Celeste (wife gave up pretty quick on this so I intend to carry on).

Maneater (pretty shit this)

Fire pro wrestling (couldn't get timing down on grappling tutorial so gave up, but I really want to learn this.)

There's much more I wanna try too.
    Well worth the cash so far.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    All those games are on GPU, artist from returnal which I own (modulo the moot factor). Would help if there was less overlap between competing services really...
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    All those games are on GPU, artist from returnal which I own (modulo the moot factor). Would help if there was less overlap between competing services really...

I mean if I didn't already own most of the stuff there it would be even better.
    Spidey man.
    Spidey mm.
    Demon souls.
    God of War.
    Ghost of tsushima.
    Death stranding directors cut.
    Are all on there and not on gp or gpu.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I get that. But stickers like me which are GPU & have bought the big exclusives feel like prime market for Extra/Premium, but are kinda getting the least
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Yeah I get that. But stickers like me which are GPU & have bought the big exclusives feel like prime market for Extra/Premium, but are kinda getting the least

Yeh I feel that, as me and my gamesharing mate have all the big hitters already I wasn't sure there would be anything for me in extra.
    Pleasantly surprised there is but also Aware that we will play any old shit we perceive to be free.
    (We are just renting really till our sub expires).

Edit: it is a no brainer to someone new to PlayStation though, that is some list of games.
  • So I’ve got Death Stranding from PS plus but before I start can I ask is my game going to be very different to what was intended/what launched? I seem to remember stuff about other players building stuff that shows in my world. Would I be better playing offline?
  • acemuzzy wrote:

We should probably do a snooker or something and swap stuff back.
  • I reckon I've got at least three of your games upstairs.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol I'm sure I have some of yours. But yes, snooker. Also I need to decide about this GBA stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So I’ve got Death Stranding from PS plus but before I start can I ask is my game going to be very different to what was intended/what launched? I seem to remember stuff about other players building stuff that shows in my world. Would I be better playing offline?

No you won’t start with a load of stuff being built, as you bring areas online (part of the game world) you will see some items and elements start to appear from other players. There is still lots to do, but you sometimes get a helping hand with a nicely placed ladder or rope in the early game. I’d definitely play online. I’m on my second play through and my world starts empty(ish) again.
  • I would also argue that the online building aspects are wonderfully worked into the fundamental themes of the game - about connecting people, and making connections with people, you will never meet.

Don’t play offline.
  • Also, Returnal so good.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Pew pew!
  • Also, Returnal so good.

I'm loving it, just need to get the wife to put down goftg.
    Pew pew.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Still the game that has defined the PS5 so far.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Still the game that has defined the PS5 so far.

Game of the gen!
  • That dead cells is a bit great too!
  • b0r1s wrote:
    So I’ve got Death Stranding from PS plus but before I start can I ask is my game going to be very different to what was intended/what launched? I seem to remember stuff about other players building stuff that shows in my world. Would I be better playing offline?

No you won’t start with a load of stuff being built, as you bring areas online (part of the game world) you will see some items and elements start to appear from other players. There is still lots to do, but you sometimes get a helping hand with a nicely placed ladder or rope in the early game. I’d definitely play online. I’m on my second play through and my world starts empty(ish) again.
    I would also argue that the online building aspects are wonderfully worked into the fundamental themes of the game - about connecting people, and making connections with people, you will never meet.

Don’t play offline.

Thanks for this. I’ll make a start on it this week.

I’m also planning on giving SotC its fourth chance at being played. The other three attempts lasted to the second big guy only. It feels like I should like it so I’m taking a cue from my Eden Ring perseverance and going back in.
  • Ah cool - will be interested to see how you get on with both of those. Keep us posted.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Having finished Rime, I'm moving on to the real big hit that is... Knack! Through the intro bit. What a game.
  • I could've sworn you played Rime about five years ago.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I also gave up on SoTC second guy (with the big stone sword). Just was too frustrating, running up the sword, jump on, get shook off, start all over again. I have downloaded it as part of PS Plus extra so will try try try again.
  • Are you two trying to hurt me?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Well I finished the far superior The Last Guardian, so I guess I can finish it. Might download a walkthrough.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I could've sworn you played Rime about five years ago.

One does not simply walk into Rime.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think I started out three times, over the last half decade
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

Rime wasn't finished in a day
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    When in Rime
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

One must not Rime for the sake of riddling.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!