Playstation 5 - It's For The Payers
  • Is it still a game where the gameplay consists of moving around until you get a triangle button prompt?
  • I know, I know. I love all those games that don’t require me to press buttons too.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    ooh, is it Heavy Rain?
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • No, it’s Outrun
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Went to install Marvel’s Avengers from PS Plus Extra. 141GB. Fuck off.
  • Looking to buy a month of PS+ Extra so I can get access to Crash 4 and Stray, but nowhere seems to sell codes for anything other than the essential package. I don't want to put my card details on my PS account, or set up a rolling sub (even to cancel immediately - I just don't want to add my debit card) so am I basically screwed until I back down on the debit card thing? I usually buy all wallet top ups/sub codes from Amazon.
  • Can you not just buy PSN credit from CDKeys or ShopTo and then use that to buy the sub?
  • I'll try that, thanks, but I think if you buy from the dashboard it automatically sets up a renewal. Will take a look though as I might just be able to tick yes without adding a card.
  • Just another thought if you need to add card details, although it might be a faff. You can use an app like Revolut to create a one-off disposable virtual credit card. Magic!
  • +1 for Revolut
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I could just add it then cancel/request a new bank card. Did that last time but it's a faff too. I don't trust the security on any of the platforms tbh.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It looks like they aren't ever doing gift cards for the new tiers because they've just launched new general gift cards in denominations that match the new tier pricing.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Add your card add your funds.
    Go to account and click remove card, simple.
  • Can you use one of those prepaid debit card things?
  • digi wrote:
    Add your card add your funds.

But what if they're lying??
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Add your card add your funds.

Stand them up.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Add your card add your funds. Go to account and click remove card, simple.

We send the boys round.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'll try that, thanks, but I think if you buy from the dashboard it automatically sets up a renewal. Will take a look though as I might just be able to tick yes without adding a card.

Definitely sets up a renewal. And typically mine renewed shit tier last month whilst I was trying to work out which tower was the one I wanted

I've still no idea which is which, nor whether I can simply upgrade from the existing plan

"I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • It seems to be a bit of a mess. On the plus side I'm getting a new debit card apparently, had a letter about it out of the blue today. So I'll probably live dangerously and add/remove the current card as davie suggested.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I thought that switching debit cards would help me out of an auto-renewing Gold sub, but it just ended up making the whole thing more of a ball ache to sort out.

Make sure you cancel and don’t expect the new card to save you.
  • It's so easy to cancel your card I don't know why everyone don't just do it after there purchase anyway.
    It's simple.

Edit: there's a box you can tick too so it dosent store payment details.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Reminds me of the olden days on PS3, buying prepaid credit cards and registering them to SONY HQ Tokyo, so I can buy foreign games
  • digi wrote:
    It's so easy to cancel your card I don't know why everyone don't just do it after there purchase anyway.
    It's simple.

Edit: there's a box you can tick too so it dosent store payment details.

There used to be, then there wasn't for ages. Is it definitely back now then?

I don't want anything to auto renew. I had a ballache with MS myself years back. I just won't add the replacement card, should do the trick when the initial card is blocked (@yoss). All this shit should be easier to navigate for tin foil hatters like me anyway, the pre-paid card thing worked fine for years. Auto renewal can go in the bin, especially as I only want one month of PS+ (so I assume an auto renew would cost £132 over the course of a year as it seems to cost £10.99 for 30 days of Plus Extra).

I could cancel it of course, presumably with a few clicks and a couple of are you sure you're sures, but the dirty tactics still rankle.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I thought Stray came with Essential, but turns out I needed to upgrade to Extra, which I did via CDKeys with a £20 card for £18.49. (Had £11 in my wallet and needed to pay £27 to convert my remaining 300-odd days.)

So use CDKeys with PayPal or Amazon with your card. Then once you're subbed immediately 'cancel', because it's like Prime where they call it cancelling to scare people from ever using it, when it's really just turning off autorenew.

Sony used to have a clear option to disable autorenew but do it this way now.
  • They used to have an even better way which was not requiring a debit card on file when you use a pre-paid voucher.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    That's what we're doing. You buy the credit on CDKeys/Amazon and redeem the codes they send.

Cancel Subscription disables autorenew from the date your sub ends:

mk689mxu7p591.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=1ec103425a678d7b63060ce770f932e471897f45
  • What would it renew with if you didn't cancel?
  • What would it renew with if you didn't cancel?

Imagine it would take from your wallet.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    And thus nothing if you only use codes for immediate buys. I've done it that way since the PS3 breach.

Not that I expect it to happen again, I'm just happy with how codes work.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!