X Box Series S and X thread of MS DOING IT BETTER
  • ...building a functional base out of the junk

Oh, you joined the Bethesda game modding community?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The Visceral cleanup one was good fun, having to clean up crime scenes.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    ...building a functional base out of the junk

Oh, you joined the Bethesda game modding community?

They've been taking a few of those on as employees lately.

Seems like a strange situation where a bloke in his bedroom can fix stuff that a massive company can't. Probably says something about the passion involved more than ability
  • I’m firmly of the belief that Bethesda are entirely smoke and mirrors. They’ve got one guy for graphics, two on mission design, an over promoted tea boy photocopying irl maps that he draws on as world designer, Mavis in HR, a dog on QA and fetching Todd’s papers, one flute for the music and all sound effects and Jim Hensons ghost as the sole animator.

Yet still they fucking flock.
  • I hear Todd runs a Discord server…
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I like Todd
  • Figures.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • So that's what The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is about.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I've just discovered a message from a few weeks ago which says Xbox are "depositing £8 into my account", expires end Sep. Never had this before, but it looks legit and sounds good! But I don't see it in my account, not does it seem to auto apply if I try to check out. So is it all lies, it am I being dumb?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    They gave me £8 too and it went towards the Iceborne expansion for Monster Hunter World. Sounds like you're being a dunderheid
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    But it's not in my wallet! What am I meant to do to get it?!? Internet suggests I am not alone...
  • Ask Todd. Sure he’ll help you out as you seem to love him so much.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    But it's not in my wallet! What am I meant to do to get it?!? Internet suggests I am not alone...

Have you tried purchasing something? It might be a thing that pops up when you select payment. I didn't check my wallet because I just assumed it'd be in there. It showed the discount when confirming payment
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I tried that last night and it didn't have anything obvious at checkout, so I stopped short of actually buying. I was slightly drink tho tbf, so may have just missed something obvious...
  • U
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • The Visceral cleanup one was good fun, having to clean up crime scenes.

Always the edgelord, love it.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Just spent an hour in a meeting, whilst listening in I played Power Wash Simulator. It's so damn therapeutic. Love it
    Nathan was talking about this on yesterdays Hit Points. I did not know it existed.

Terrible, terrible controls. No idea how they got it so wrong.
  • What do you find terrible about them?
  • Took a punt on Blasphemous from the sale. Always intrigued me. Anyone got some words on it?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's rubbish.
  • Power Wash Simulator is the first game E, my wife and I have taken it in turns to play.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Took a punt on Blasphemous from the sale. Always intrigued me. Anyone got some words on it?

Moot and I liked it. It's a grower. Takes a while to build but then gets to solid [8] territory.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Class. Cheers!

Oh ok, it's a metroidvania that seems a bit basic to me and also pretty hard. Didn't see anything particularly great about it. Its religious idea is interesting maybe.
  • Yeah it was the art style that put it on my wishlist. I've fears about the difficulty cos I'm a big baby but here goes nothing for a fiver anyway.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's fairly unforgiving at points. But checkpoints are pretty fair & it's not too ridic. No grinding or anything like that.
  • Playing through As Dusk Falls. I thought it was alright but then Leo Valentine from Hollyoaks showed up and now it's a 10.
  • My entire household is now addicted to Power Washer Simulator.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Took a punt on Blasphemous from the sale. Always intrigued me. Anyone got some words on it?

From 2020.  Bear in mind the version you'll be playing has been improved since then...

Blasphemous - Switch (12hrs 31mins, 73.5%) It's frankly ridiculous how much I've smashed this since Tuesday, looking at the hours played I'm not quite sure how I managed it. The fact that I attacked it with the same zeal as I did Hollow Knight (probably the last game that I became this obsessed with) should speak volumes - this was a very special experience, and one that will definitely take residence in the top half of my Cinty 100 list if I ever update it. There's a chance the sizable patch had a lot to do with my enjoyment here - the aftercare package seems strong, and includes a change to the feel of the jump, QoL fixes with timings/layouts, full Spanish language track, various control tweaks and more, leading up to these two whoppers: The penitent one will only climb a ledge if you press up, to prevent accidental climbing. Damage while wall climbing now doesn't prevent further wall climbing. Before it was only available after touching the ground again. So to me, hanging from a ledge before picking my spot to nip up was intrinsic from the start, but it seems this is a recent addition (unless pressing any direction made the character haul himself up previously?). Anyway, I thought the post-patch game I played was a breathtakingly good Souls/Metroidvania hybrid genuinely comparable to Hollow Knight while also feeling like an ultimate form Symphony of the Night with its mammoth kitbag of buffs. The platforming won't be for everyone (Tempy used the word punitive, and while it fits as a criticism, punitive jumpmans can be very appealing and it was here for me). I had no qualms flagellating myself with the platforming as it never felt unreasonably hard, just adroitly mean. The pixel art style and animation are stunning, real jaw-drop stuff. Before this I thought Huntdown and Katana Zero were the poster children for the increasingly popular style, but this does so much so well it probably edges in front of both. It's a beautifully grotesque game with artwork worthy of Etsy canvas prints. Music is excellent in places too, and the sound design in general is nigh on perfect, be it the shrieks of stricken foes or delightfully creepy whispered incantations. Aside from Hollow Knight this was my first 'Souls' experience (obviously the term has been attached to both loosely but I think I understand where it applies in each). In 3D this would still be a nope for me as side scrollers tend to be my comfort zone as a rule. If I die in a good platformer I hate myself, if I die in a good 3D game I still tend to hate the game (probably why I've allowed myself to select easy mode for a handful of titles in recent years). I hated myself most of the way through this, and therefore loved the game. I've gone a bit off track here and I was planning to sit down and attempt to do this game justice with a full review, deep diving on the various things that make it tick. Bit tired though, probably because I've been staring at a screen for an obscene amount of time! It's an awesome (old style awesome) quest that struck me as masterfully designed from start to finish and absolutely worth fine tooth combing for the hundo hunters. I might even NG+ it for the integrated DLC, which would be another first for me. [9]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!