Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Can't see it happening. Xbox want Xbox on stuff, not the other way around. If they make a handheld it needs to be a GP machine, that's where they will make their money. Opening up other stores just puts the risk of sales going to Steam etc.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Make a proper good Windows based handheld (new UI required etc) that is aimed at Gamepass users, but allows Steam/Epic etc. Having recently bought a ROG Ally, and having seen the success of the Steam Deck, this would be delicious.
  • I'm sure Phil Spencer has already contemplated all of this.
    The main issue would be windows 12/13 and unifying it with the xbox frontend into a decent gui. Also, making windows run efficiently and not hogging resources.

Money would be made by licensing hw and sales of games and software/Gamepass. A business model MS is very comfortable with.

They might have to tweak gamepass to stimulate game sales though. The current implementation has apparently peaked.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I would have thought MS woukd be well up for GP running on other machines. Guaranteed sub money per month. Don't companies supposedly lose money on their own hardware anyway?
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Can't see it happening. Xbox want Xbox on stuff, not the other way around. If they make a handheld it needs to be a GP machine, that's where they will make their money. Opening up other stores just puts the risk of sales going to Steam etc.
    Handheld PC market is growing and growing - part of the reason the ROG Ally and Legion Go have gone down so well is they can have games from all store fronts. MS would surely recognise that making it Gamepass only would be a big problem unless they went very aggressive on the price point.

• I think they’re up for Xbox Cloud Gaming on other devices. On every device in the world if they could do it. They see game streaming as the future, not buying/downloading games to any sort of hardware.
  • Is cloud the future for gaming? Too much latency, especially for gamers complaining about their 120/60 fps games being taken away and replaced by UE5 experiences running at a measely @30fps.

Even google dropped out of the cloud gaming race.
  • I wouldn’t be surprised if we ended up with cloud gaming for the massmarket and niche high-performance gaming for the geeks.

‘Niche’ being a gaming market nearly as big as we already have, and massmarket being the growth to include everybody with a telly and/or a smartphone.
  • hunk wrote:
    If it's a windows pc running an xbox app it can also run steam. Since it's a certified xbox box it would run all current gen xbox games (and older bc games) perfectly. No guarantees on how well it runs your steam pc library though. It's a windows pc, yaay!
    LivDiv wrote:
    They don't make money off Steam though and barely make any off hardware.

Yeah exactly. Steam takes a 30% cut so it's pointless to do it. Plus Valve are all about the open source thing.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • hunk wrote:
    Is cloud the future for gaming? Too much latency, especially for gamers complaining about their 120/60 fps games being taken away and replaced by UE5 experiences running at a measely @30fps. Even google dropped out of the cloud gaming race.

I reckon it is eventually. You'll just need a tv.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Remember Xbox have already gone there. Samsungs from the last couple of years come with an Xbox app as standard. It’ll only get more common as time rolls on.
  • I'll believe it when cloud gaming overtakes the ps6. Untill then my bet is on a Windows device (handheld?) running Xbox games.
  • Bit of Xbox related help?

Is it possible for my son and me to play at the same time on my account?

He was playing Fortnite on the Series X (Not technically gamepass?) and when I tried to start fallout 3 on the xbox one it wouldn't let me without stopping his game?

Do I need to make a guest account for him or his own account or play a disc based game or what? TIA
    The Forum Herald™
  • you can play together on the same gamepass setup but need separate accounts on the machines.
    then assuming the gamepass is on your account, your son needs to be playing on the device set as your 'home/primary' machine.
    you then log in as you on the other device. you can then both play all gamepass games and use online features on your own accounts, even playing the same game at the same time together
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • i've prob worded that badly.
    basically i don't think one account can play anything (online at least) on two different machines at the same time.
    but you can have two accounts setup so that both can play gamepass games and online together/separately from a single gamepass sub
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Thanks. so I set him up his own sub account and make the series x the prime machine (That's the one he plays most in the games room).
    The Forum Herald™
  • I set Tilly up on the One S while I was on the Series S (no falling on my sword with the framerate for me), on one gamepass account and two gamertags. Worked great, played Grounded in separate rooms with headsets on. Was almost as good as split screen Goat Simulator 3.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    He'll need his own email address to set up an xbox account. Then that account can have full access to game pass but you can also flag it as a minor's account and set up restrictions and pins to prevent purchases as you like.
  • Sorry last question will have to resign into Fortnite with his own account ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well he can play it using your account if you don't need to play together. Otherwise yes
  • Star Wars Jedi: Survivor joins Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on Thursday, April 25th as part of the EA Play lineup. The game will also be included with PC Game Pass on the same day.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Ohh, nice get that. I would probably try that but no way I'd pay money after how bad the first game performed on console.
  • Bounced off the first one hard. Felt like treacle.

Make Tittyfall 3 you cowards
  • Make Tittyfall 3 you cowards

Not happening, unfortunately. At least, not any time soon afaik.
  • They are reported to be making a game in that universe but not Titty 3.

I don't think Titty 2 did well at launch because they released it at a really bad time, sandwiched between Battlefield 1 and CoD. Of course Titanfall was by far the best game of the three but didnt have the clout to compete.
    There was a bunch of other high profile games outside of FPS at the time too.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I don't think Titty 2 did well at launch because they released it at a really bad time, sandwiched between Battlefield 1 and CoD.

We all know the truth - everyone was waiting for The Last Guardian.
  • I'd argue there's enough tf fans that know about Apex and enough Apex fans that now know about tf that a new one would do better and earn more for longer than the last Battlefield.

I have no evidence to back this up this is an uncut raw ass take.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I don't think Titty 2 did well at launch because they released it at a really bad time, sandwiched between Battlefield 1 and CoD.
    We all know the truth - everyone was waiting for The Last Guardian.

Waiting for that cat nonce to respond more like.
  • I'd argue there's enough tf fans that know about Apex and enough Apex fans that now know about tf that a new one would do better and earn more for longer than the last Battlefield. I have no evidence to back this up this is an uncut raw ass take.

Probably, especially as they have totally fucked Battlefield.
    Try convincing whoever is running EA currently.

Theyve probably banned all SP dev after Immortals of Avon flopped.
  • The issue's basically the same one plaguesing (typo, not correcting that) the movie industry. It's the corporate suits who are chasing the latest trend trying to find the formula that prints maximum money. With film it's the mcu/disney/starwars mega blockbuster projects at the cost of smaller indy movies. With games it's AAAAAA mmo openworld games that are service driven with lootboxes that'll last the publisher forever but aren't actually sustainable business models. The high risk/high reward attitude is killing/culling the industry.

Publishers need to find a balance in their catalogue between indies, established ip and AAA. Perhaps looking at how they did it in the 32/64 bit days is not a bad idea?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!