The Last of Us 2 : Naughty Dog do their fine thing
  • It may well be, but that in itself doesn’t make it a bad take.
  • It’s just pretty gauche is all, not the worse take, just a clunker. Comparing your emotional response to one thing to another is all fair and good, but it reads on first gloss like you’re comparing the game where you get made to feel bad cos you kill virtual dogs to a film that stands as one of many artistic monuments to one of the most awful crimes ever committed. It’s the uncomfortable comparing of fiction to reality, even if that reality is lensed in fiction.
  • The worst part of it is the 'everything else is John Wick' line. No, it fucking isn't. It's especially galling because other games have dealt with similar themes more efficiently and smartly years ago. TLOU2 is not some groundbreaking intervention in that sense.

The Schindler's List part of it is certainly clumsy. I get the point, but it's a film about the actual Holocaust - the discomfort you might feel playing TLOU2 where completely made up characters in a completely made up situation shoot each other to bits is a poor comparison.
  • Yep, it’s just lazy hyperbole. He’s the guy who did the God of War tweet which was like “what if all of these games were better?! that’s God of War!!”

Part of what’s annoying is these clumsy takes generate so much heat and discussion, and drown out more interesting discussion by less well known people because the giants in the playground are talking.

I still think Balrog’s response was poor though.
  • Before it got all tense between the journo and the devs, the initial point made by Druckman was a fair one in my view. It was a bit shitty of someone to say it was the worst take ever (print it and frame it) and then for all their buddies to come along and add to it. Twitter is such a toxic cesspit of shaming folk nowadays.

Whether Druckman should’ve called it out, or how he got there, is a separate point, and one of equal contention.
  • While I love the Walking Dead, it's no Schindler's list.
    It's like comparing comics to literature. Marvel to William Golding. In my mind it doesn't quite compare even if I do like the effort.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • hunk wrote:
    While I love the Walking Dead, it's no Schindler's list. It's like comparing comics to literature. Marvel to William Golding. In my mind it doesn't quite compare even if I do like the effort.

Well you say that but I bet Hemingway would do a shit attempt at Gnasher and, oh, I don’t know, Steinbeck can’t even keep the colours inside the lines.
  • This looks fine, in a teenage girl kills 1000 zombies and lives kind of way. I'm not looking for realism in my games.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • None of these people bear defending. Weak arguments all round.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • 9 from Edge

Reads like a 7 obvs
    The Forum Herald™
  • Completed Left Behind last and enjoyed part from instant death when getting caught by the clickers.

Also, I pissed me off that Ellie and her girlfriend were running around making loads of noise switching lights on when they should keep quiet all the time or is that just me?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Looking to buy physical on this as I'm fairly sure I'm gonna bounce on it and pass it on. Got a free weekend so might tear into it. Where's a good place to get it cheaply and maybe a day early? Still Shopto?
  • That’s where I got it homes, it’s was circa £47 when I got it and they’re always a day early for me. If I finish it quick enough I’ll look to chuck it on here soon as so if anyone wants first dibs let me know.
  • Think Smyths have it for £45 if you collect from store.

Edit: oos
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • £49.99 Smyths
    Sorry it was that price but you had to select collect from store, plus its now oos everywhere :(

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/the-last-of-us-part-ii-ps4-instore-collection-3484644
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Yeah noticed that. I went with Shopto £48 cheers for that Beresford.
  • Looking to buy physical on this as I'm fairly sure I'm gonna bounce on it and pass it on. Got a free weekend so might tear into it. Where's a good place to get it cheaply and maybe a day early? Still Shopto?

I think Sony are stopping retailers sending it out early, I’ve The game collection and Simply Games are sending out on Thursday but I’ve not heard about Shopto, I’ve got mine pre-ordered from Shopto so fingers crossed for dispatch tomorrow

• I probably won't play until Saturday but I wanted to get the fucking thing installed. I also need to hook up the PS4 again. Hearing very good things about the iron Man VR demo...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I got an email last night from Shopto saying the warehouse has recieved my order. Thanks for that, JUST TELL ME WHEN YOU DISPATCH IT.
  • I probably won't play until Saturday but I wanted to get the fucking thing installed. I also need to hook up the PS4 again. Hearing very good things about the iron Man VR demo...

Don’t forget to update the Ps4

• The game was spoiled for me ages ago. I think stone just got there. Can't wait for everyone else too haha.
    Spoiler:
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I was looking on the Smyths website and there are 2 reviews on the game. The very first review contains a fucking gigantic spoiler. Now judging by the username (troll- something or other) I'm hoping its just that, some fucker trolling.
    However, it is going to colour my entire playthrough of the game.
    Absolute fucking cunt whoever put that up.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Surely Smyths should’ve deleted it - what a cuntish thing to do either way.
  • I think it is gone now, I couldn't find it.
  • Shopto have confirmed dispatch tomorrow but won’t be delivered till Friday. Probably getting them ready and then sending them out Thursday.

CC9ROwF.png
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I think it is gone now, I couldn't find it.
    I let them know via Twitter. I like to think I CHANGED THE WORLD.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Lol
    The Forum Herald™
  • Still haven't decided whether I'm going digital or physical. I usually buy digital because I like just being able to click on a game and it starts up, no searching through the last 5 boxes to find it like some kind of Easter egg clue hunt.

Thing is, the two local(ish) Indies to me are quite happy to let them go early under the counter if your discreet so the temptation to get it early tomorrow on disk is there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!