Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    They have to be smashed on the hot pan or it doesn't work right, apparently.
  • You could mold them and smash them more with the top of that press thing in the pan. Loads of pressure. Plasterer's tool and rigid wallpaper scraper from DIY store a good bet like dude in video.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Kow just loves getting smashed
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bacon and cheese burger with tonkatsu sauce.
    SEZynkx.jpg
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Them jockey's whips looks great too.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Air fried!
  • Nice crust.
  • Thanks, I've just had it stuffed.
  • Tried this just now.
    Got some cheap 20% beef mince from the supermarket.

Holy shit.
    It's essentially 5 guys burgers.
    At home. Whoop.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What's the other 80%?
  • Fat and justice.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    It's essentially 5 guys burgers.
    At home. Whoop.

For added home burger authenticity wrap them up in foil.
  • n0face wrote:

I always wrap my burgers in tin foil, the residual steam softens the bun and gets the cheese to just the right melty consistency.
  • That might be the answer to my search for a soft bun.
  • At the risk of causing a nomenclature kerfuffle around soft bread rolls, don’t you have softies or ‘baby soft’ rolls?

Air-fryers still use a small amount of oil, don’t they? Do they cause a smell the same way as deep fat fryers?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I always wrap my burgers in tin foil, the residual steam softens the bun and gets the cheese to just the right melty consistency.

I'm loathe to mention them in this thread and expect backlash, but this sums up my major issue with McDonalds now cooking to order (there are other issues with McDonald's as an entity obviously). A dirty horrible double cheeseburger really benefited from 3-8 minutes (I'm sure there's an exact figure in there somewhere) under the salamander, it got the cheese all melted and made the thing stick together properly. Nowadays cheese is cold, burger sucks, looking like the images is a bad thing
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Air-fryers still use a small amount of oil, don’t they? Do they cause a smell the same way as deep fat fryers?

If you don't wash them occasionally, they build up grease in the base and can smell like typical fryers. Otherwise they're fairly nose friendly.
  • Andy wrote:
    At the risk of causing a nomenclature kerfuffle around soft bread rolls, don’t you have softies or ‘baby soft’ rolls?

If we do they have another name.
  • n0face wrote:

Now that is a shout.
  • Kow wrote:
    Andy wrote:

If you don't wash them occasionally, they build up grease in the base and can smell like typical fryers. Otherwise they're fairly nose friendly.

You don't HAVE to use oil with things like oven chips but then they have oil on the chips apparently, to help them brown.

Kow is right they don't smell anywhere near as much as normal fryers but the oil will aerosol a little when it's working so they do smell a little.

Edit

I've reheated things like spring rolls and other fried Chinese dim sum bits before without any oil at all and they turn out great.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I make chips in the air fryer from potatoes, I never use frozen chips, and you need a tiny bit of oil. To get good chips takes more times than with a deep fryer, so don't make the mistake of thinking it's a time saving device, because it's not.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:

I'm loathe to mention them in this thread and expect backlash, but this sums up my major issue with McDonalds now cooking to order (there are other issues with McDonald's as an entity obviously). A dirty horrible double cheeseburger really benefited from 3-8 minutes (I'm sure there's an exact figure in there somewhere) under the salamander, it got the cheese all melted and made the thing stick together properly. Nowadays cheese is cold, burger sucks, looking like the images is a bad thing

10 minutes max in the chute. Burger King actually ping the meat patty and cheese in the microwave for 15 seconds to get it melty.

Any burger that has lettuce on it really suffers from time in the chute.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Out of all the fast food chains Burger King really is the king.
  • I've never been a fan of Burger King, too many shit experiences, they seem to be very hit and miss with their quality control.
  • Burger King put almost frozen vegetables in with a lukewarm burger and expect it to be okay. Every time I go there - thinking about their flame-grilled patties - I deeply regret not going to McDonalds.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Opposite for me, can't stand McDonald's.
  • We need an In-N-Out chain in the UK, cheap decent burgers, with no pretence.

33848145108_0fb6dbd210.jpg
  • They can't even get it on the East coast but.
  • Tomorrow I intend to see just how much cheese I can get on a burger and it still be edible.
  • Mold meat around cheese like a scotch egg before molding more cheese around the meat. Keep russian-dolling it until it's the size of a football and then deep fry it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!