My only friend, The End.
  • It was a uneven show, but I did like the ending to Dollhouse.

I thought it was fucking awful. I just pretend the Epitaph episodes don't exist.
  • I_R wrote:

I think Mad Men has the best for me.
    Spoiler:

I didn't have any idea about the advert so had to look it up. It's still up there as one of my all time favourite shows.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • It was a uneven show, but I did like the ending to Dollhouse.

I thought it was fucking awful. I just pretend the Epitaph episodes don't exist.

But that’s the great thing with entertainment one persons Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Grand Cru, Cote de Nuits is another’s Kiwi MD 20/20.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The Shield ending dons it
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    I said it in the GoT thread:  The Shield has an excellent ending.

This.

The Shield manages to run for 8 seasons and during that time you watch the conclusion to the events that happen in the fucking pilot unfold.

It's one of the best endings to a TV series I've ever seen. It doesn't feel rushed either, things fall into place over the course of entire seasons.

People who wrote it went on to work on Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy, but both of those shows for me really didn't manage to stick the landing, they just felt like they were in "okay this is the last season, let's wrap it up" mode.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yassssss @DS

o/
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Only Fools and Horses should have ended when they became Millionaires. It was perfect. And they had to go and spoil it.

The end of the Karla/George Smiley saga was perfect. Exquisitely bitter-sweet.

Whilst many were annoyed at the ending of the Dark Tower series I quite liked it. Thinking about it I can't imagine a better one.

The Office ending was superb. Sure it was slushy but who cares? There shouldn't have been more Brent after that though.

Sopranos was spot on too.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, the Dark Tower was a good ending, especially for King.
  • Totally agree with you Davy on Horses. The specials after they made it were never as good.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Actually. The ending of Godfather III really was rather great.

It's the runt of the litter but I thought it was a decent enough film. Worth it for that ending when all of the horror of Michael's life rebounds on him in a single moment. I think you have to have kids to get it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I said it in the GoT thread, but Band of Brothers has a perfect ending. I know, as someone pointed out there, that being based on real events makes it a different beast, but they could have handled it so many different ways.

Spoiler:

Best TV show ever.

As for Battlestar Galactica, I can’t comment on the end, because I’ve never made it that far. Three times I’ve started working my way through, and three times I’ve lost interest around about the

Spoiler:
  • Band of Brothers made me tear up a few times. But at that part in your second spoiler, Andy, just footed me when I saw it for the first time. Still gets me now
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Andy, it's worth hunkering down for the episodes to come. Please don't click on the spoiler.

For those who have seen them all.

Spoiler:

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep that was a great scene.

Agree with Hair it’s definitely worth getting past the bit you’re stuck on.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!