@_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yeah, comes to a point when he's just affirming my thoughts. Made it half way so go me.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Roujin is correct as always.

Thanks man, can u let my mum know? Think you got her number already.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Farkel it.

Edit. Roujin shot first.
  • there's plenty to pick at in this film, but i'm not sure I could be bothered to watch someone do so for 2 hours.
    the good thing about the Plinkett stuff (on the prequels in particular) is that it wasn't just outrage at dumb story decisions, but it contained a lot of insight on the film making process generally...directing decisions, shot choice, editing etc.  There's a lot going on in the prequels to make them such bad movies.

i don't think the modern ones are particularly badly made as such in the technical sense, the problem is just that ultimately disney didn't really care about the story.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    haha, I really want a double sausage and egg

edit1: Shrek???? Get in the bin you tosser
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Made me wince too.
  • Yup.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    yeh, he's a hateful cunt, not defending the movie, but can easily offer plenty of rebuttals to his main points, calling force the gay and then complaining that Disney deleted a same sex kiss, moran, plus its a fucking kids film
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I can put up with Mauler, but others are pissing me off with their constant bitching about how Star Trek is a conspiracy to push the SJW and anti- Brexit political agenda.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • I miss the innocent days of 1966 when there were no politics in Star Trek.
  • Im watching Terminator Dark Fate and if Star Wars is dumb this movie has had a serious head injury.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I miss the innocent days of 1966 when there were no politics in Star Trek.

When no one knew that Princess Jackie was Bobby's sister, and Geoff Skywalker hit the Empire weak point, with assistance from the plans secured by Vice-Admiral Bakhramahov
  • Geoff skywalker? Is he the son of Jeff vadar, who runs the death star canteen?
    SFV - reddave360
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Sir Alf Vadar, in between supporting West Ham and vowing to purge the galaxy of silly women, racial minorities, and long haired hippies, he somehow organised the rebellion against his own empire and eventually revealed with his mask broken to be Whoopi Goldberg, self hating twat
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Brilliant.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That's right isn't it, she runs the Cantina in Star Wars, surely, that's the sort of fan service that'll keep hateypants with the video happy
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    Roujin is correct as always.

Thanks man, can u let my mum know? Think you got her number already.
    I blocked her.

Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • C'mon man, don't block mans mum, thas rude fam.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    unblocked
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Safe
  • FrVGO1F.jpg

• I listened to the second "proper" Empire Rise spoiler podcast. Which I found highly irritating for the most part. (Chris and Helen I looking at you). But I understand where they are coming from more now.
    But before I get into that. On the pod they mention supposed leaks of what Meester Lucas had intended for the trilogy. Some bollox about Whills, microscopic beings that control midichlorians and live inside force wielders or some such shit. If true, then he REALLY has lost sight of what made SW great to begin with.

Onto the Empire podcast. So it now is clear to me that they think that Rian Johnson democratising the force in TLJ was an original, progressive idea. That people outside the "royal" lines of Skywalker and Palpatine could rise up etc etc. 
    Were that an original idea and plot point then yes I too would be on board. But, unless Im missing something that is just nonsense. The force was already available for those sensitive to it etc.  Im not a huge EU guy or anything but didnt the cartoons establish the Nightsisters were a different branch of force user entirely? In Rebels we had that Bendu guy, even in the prequels there were metric fucktonnes of Jedi. Rogue One had Chirrut as a force user, TFA had Maz. 
    Im asking this in a genuine manner. What am I missing here? Because I take it as read that virtually anyone can at least be force sensitive already. Rian J didnt need to push that out as some big new original idea. 

Also they complain that Leia just dies from communicating with Kylo. But Luke did the fucking same thing in TLJ. Which they didnt complain about. 
    They then bemoan Rose not having more screen time. Why give more screentime to another useless character? She did fuck all of note in TLJ. 
    Queue the obligatory I have nothing against the actor and blah blah blah.
    Listening to the critique its like Im watching different movies to them. 
    But they were bang on in a lot of their points about the nonsense plotlines and editorial messyness etc.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Luke’s power was more intense. He convinced another force user was in a fight with him long enough to create a distraction.

Also it’s not 100% the sure that Luke died from the act but decided to dissolve himself because he wanted to.

With regard to rose: even if you think she’s useless her treatment was cruel. I mean Finn basically ghosted her and had her replaced with a different pseudo love interest. Seemed like they really wanted to show how much they wanted to ditch rose by subsequently filling some of the space that she left anyway but with a new character.
  • Just to defend the Last Jedi on the force point:

Re - The Force - As far as the movies have been, its been about the Jedi and the Sith contorlling the force. I took it that what Rian was going for was to get rid of the institutions of both of these and just let the force be the force. To put it in a real world perspective, its the "we dont need religion to communicate with God" thing. So I dont think it was strictly that the force wasn't available to others, more that the Jedi weren't the lords and masters of it. If you even take your point about the prequels, The Jedi would look for young who had lots of mediclorins because only the jedi could teach you how to use the force. I think Luke was saying that maybe that wasnt the case. 

Cant argue on Rose, I dont think she was very memorable in LJ and I liked the movie. I think they would have been better just not having her in there at all. It feels really forced in Rise.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I think the "democratising" bit was moving away from "chosen one" narratives. The point was more that wossface Rey was no-one special, other than her strong connection to the force and ability to use it. I don't think it is especially original but I'm not sure Johson said it was. What I think he was trying to do, in this respect at least, was destroy the mystery box of Rey's parentage, constructed by hack extraordinaire Abrams, and move on to something like what RD's saying above
  • By cancelling the mystery of reys heritage and ploinking herself into the skywalker lineage (for what fucking reason!! There are literally two of them - a murdering dictator and a donkey teacher) all that really happens is a spectre of palps lineage being from nothing.

• With regard to rose: even if you think she’s useless her treatment was cruel. I mean Finn basically ghosted her and had her replaced with a different pseudo love interest. Seemed like they really wanted to show how much they wanted to ditch rose by subsequently filling some of the space that she left anyway but with a new character.

Charlie from Lost had more lines of dialogue than Rose. I was very confused when he turned up out of nowhere and why he was suddenly a prominent member of the resistance (other than the obvious jobs for the boys).
  • See I would say the fact she is a Palps is the bit that should have been removed.
    Without it her becoming a Skywalker through a form of adoption by training gives her a family she never had, her search for her family is over she found it in the form of Luke and Leia so takes on the name.

Making her a Palpatine and saying she had parents who died, blah blah blah, muddies the waters.

I would accept her being a second immaculate conception.
  • Going back to the Video Roujin linked - am I the only one who thinks that part one might have worked if we had seen Kylo Ren become the irredeemable Big bad with Rey trying to turn him but ending up nearly turned herself, leading to Finn (the normal, no force power one) and Poe becoming her anchor to coming back from the dark side and eventually defeating Ren and the First Order?

Just me? 

I'm wasted on this board.
    SFV - reddave360
  • i think all the parts might have worked better if someone bother to plot out the story in advance! ;)

whether Rey was the bastard offspring of Luke and R2, a clone of palps milkman, or just an orphan of nobodies...all fine options just make sure the story works. TFA sets up the parents as a mystery, TLJ shrugs it off as nothing,  ROS retcons it into something stupid.

Can't defend TFA as clearly it was done without any real plan.
    Can't defend TLJ cos it was done without any consideration of people invested in it, and without a payoff to make it worthwhile, or again part of any larger plan.
    Can't defend ROS for retconning what happened before and coming up with the stupidest option.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!