Unjust derision
  • Yes, I wish that and Foot of Pride were also on the album. Some good outtakes from the album sessions.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Alphabeat
    Big Bang Theory, The
    Coldplay
    Dairy Milk, Cadbury’s
    Evans, Lee
    Funny Games (remake)
    Green Day
    How I Met Your Mother
    Instant coffee
    Jack Reacher films
    Kraft Cheesey Pasta
    Love, Actually
    My Chemical Romance
    Nacho eaters at Cineworld
    Order 1886, The
    Parks & Recreation, Season 1
    Quest for Peace, The, Superman IV
    Rise of Skywalker, The
    Single people
    Tomorrow Never Dies (PS1)
    Urinating in the shower
    Venom (2018)
    Wearing underwear under pyjamas
    Xmas as an abbreviation for Christmas
    Young people
    Z Cars theme, the playing of at Goodison Park
  • I agree with most of those Andy, except for Coldplay.
    Fuck Coldplay
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Everyone pisses in the shower, sometimes even when using it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Why the fuck would Dairy Milk be derided by anyone?

I agree with your How I Met Your Mother (enjoyed it more than friends), Jack Reacher (first film at least) and Love Actually (Christmas classic)
  • I find it almost impossible not to wee in the shower.  That running water is Pavlovs bell to my bladder.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I assumed it was a pre-wash norm?
  • That first Coldplay album is great. Didn't care for the others, but Sparks alone is a good reason for it existing.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    IDG we can piss in the shower, but you take a shit and people go crazy.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yeah I can fucks with the first three Coldplay LPs.
  • Urinating in the Shower was a rare classic Coldplay b-side (released only in Japan) so leave off.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    XOMuggins wrote:
    That first Coldplay album is great. Didn't care for the others, but Shiver alone is a good reason for it existing.

• Doesn't matter if I piss before the shower, there's still some happening in the shower.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m guessing 2012 (the film not the year) which I’m watching now should be in here.
  • b0r1s wrote:

I’m guessing you’ve never seen any of the ‘proper chocolate’ discussions on this very forum.
  • I really like the last couple of Blink 182 albums, but not the stuff before them.

I am also a huge alkaline trio fan so that might be why.

Also find a lot of people shit on Invader Zim and they’re monsters.

Oh and I watch family guy quite a bit.

Edit: oh wait, at home I only drink instant coffee, that gets me made fun of a lot for some reason.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

I’m guessing you’ve never seen any of the ‘proper chocolate’ discussions on this very forum.

Snobs
  • Solid list.

I mean I'm happy to be snobby about chocolate, but will still happily have some Cadbury if it's on offer.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Andy wrote:
    Z Cars theme, the playing of at Goodison Park

I feel I should point out, this one absolutely gets on my tits, but a) I can’t justify my hatred, and b) I needed something for Z.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I never piss in the David Gower. Nate loves it though, the dorty bastard.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm still reeling from the concept that some people might think that Starship Troopers isn't amazing.
  • Yeah, I don’t get that one either. Thought everybody loved it.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Urinating in the Shower was a rare classic Coldplay b-side (released only in Japan) so leave off.

I drew a line.  I drew a line for you.  Oh what a thing to do. And it was all yellow.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Yeah, I don’t get that one either. Thought everybody loved it.

That’s because everyone does. Amazing film still.
  • I didn't watch Starship Troopers at the time because some of the reviews threw me off (thought it was just Saved by the Bell in space).  Wyatt Earp was mentioned in the western thread recently, I avoided that based on initial feedback too.
  • Starship Troopers was always loved amongst me and my teenage pals, for sure.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Best of both worlds.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    Might have to fuck around and do solo sting next.

Plz go

I suspect sting is derided, if indeed he is, for the usual reasons old British rock stars are.

You guys have produced a lot of exceptionally popular artists, and seem to know how to saturate the world with them when they're popular.

Sting has an air of private school wanker, and when his lyrics miss, they miss in a particularly toff kinda way. But I always found his very English, very western cannon reference thing very charming, because musically he was actually really diverse.

As for the albums, he rattled off a bunch of bangers early, and managed at least 2 late return to forms, with numerous reworkings thrown in.

I mean, that first album band line up: Omar hakim, branford Marselis, Kenny Kirkland. Amongst others. Holy shit what a line up of players.

When I think about it, as much as anyone, the album that made me want to play drums.

The album stands out to me because in the era of the gated reverb snare, it was recorded with. Avery very live jazz sound.

Shadows in the rain. Oh my.

Never mind odd time sig tracks etc. Big hits, lots of genres. Great playing.

Rinse and repeat basically up until 10 Sumner's tales.

Different but equally impressive players across the albums, including vinnie calaiutia and manu katche.

Nothing like the sun is the weakest of the first 4 for production, but damn, singles. Hello Englishman in new York.

The Soul Cages is absolutely stunning imo. About the death of his father, his literary style suits it so well. Production is amazing. And manu plays some of my fav drum parts ever.

Brand new day is well and truly dad rock era for him, but the quality is so there. (he wasn't shy of trying out new tech or aiming for audiofile either. I had an sacd version of album after that.)

I strongly recommend all this time as a later greatest hits live thing. Recorded in his Italian backyard on sept 11. The concert video is a bit much, because you know, musos being self important. But the recording and playing and arrangements are perfect.

Dude is one of the GOATs.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • He said "go", mate.

;)
  • Nah, Sting is a fanny.
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!