Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I tried for the longest time to crack them.  Listened to everything they had but it never quite happened.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's a fine tune, they just never invaded my brain like those delicious brainworms.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • when i play it on guitar i sing 'to skerret's house' instead of 'australia' xoxox
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's more of a flat really...
  • i'm with skerret on the manics, i prefer my intuos when it comes to drawing in the end because the eraser tool, masks and layers make my art much nicer than talent ever could
  • You're both wrong about the Manics thus are detestable beings and I shall have no more to do with either of youGOOD DAY
  • You'll get over it. I think i might buy a pencil. But it will be a mechanical one and im just going to get really good at drawing dicks with it
  • Be sure to post them here for critique!
  • Go and critique my game sketches in the game dev thread :( they meant a lot to me and noone can be arsed

But yes if i draw stuff it shall appear here most verily, in all its phallic glory
  • I never post in thre but I'll take a look. I imagine they'll be as stellar as usual.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I never post in thre but I'll take a look. I imagine they'll be as stellar as usual.

Theyre just lil prototypes of random ideas i had made playable

err sorry for plugging them in here

so, sketches!
  • Couple of hours in on a portrait of my wife's recently deceased father. A surprise for her but not going well and may not see the light of day. The other is another one for my son but having trouble finishing it ( based on his favourite teddy and sotc)

IMAG0255_zps194ed0f5.jpg
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The one for your son does look a little bit like the teddy is about to absent-mindedly crush your son with his fist. S'good, though.
  • Really love the teddy gruff.
    Portraits are the worst. They either are spot on or miss the mark completely. I've gone down the cartoon avenue myself when asked.
    the portrait of your FIL looks great. Of course, I dont know what he looked like.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I like the style, Griff. If you don't mind some critique, the teddy monster has some perspective issues. The feet seem to be on the same plane and are about the same size, so the back leg looks short. And I think there's too much disparity between the size of the arms, so the forward one looks very big.

I'd be happy if I could paint that well though. I made an attempt some years ago, but it didn't get far. There's one that's ok I guess. Maybe I could take a picture later.
  • The feet/legs are wrong. more to do with the shading and the position of the front foot.

The arm in the background is just a placeholder before sorting out what is going to be put behind.

I reworked the legs three times and got bored of it. Just need to sit down and have another crack.
  • I really like that picture, man.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Consider reflected light as would hit the outer edge of the left arm, like so:

0smvuqg.jpg

Greatly improves sense of volume and relationship between the object and the space it occupies.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    After seeing how much money the Picasso recently went for there simply isn't anybody in this thread that shouldn't be a multi-millionaire, first thing I'm going to do when I get my cheque is buy loads of houses...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Had wanted to post in here for a while...

BRmZCGH.jpg

8ExxPZM.jpg
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Wow. :D and then some
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Really like the runner

Thanks man.
    I know you work in the field, so that means alot.  : )

Would like to do more of it (to develop consistency, if anything else), 
    but time's a badger. One day maybe...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Both of them were sculpted in Blender with a cheap graphics tab a few years back.
    I use Gimp for finishing. The portrait took about 2 hours and the runner took the best part of a Sunday (and a couple of evenings thereafter to finish). 

If you can't get by with Blender (as I know some don't like the interface), then Z-Brush and Photoshop will give you a similar finish for the same effort.

@Euan - I had to do a double take at that comp, because the lighting blends into the photo so well. What's the building for? It's situation doesn't suggest a house...
  • @Euan - I had to do a double take at that comp, because the lighting blends into the photo so well. What's the building for? It's situation doesn't suggest a house...

Cheers. It's a hydrotherapy centre at Culzean Castle. Just back from Budapest "researching" water therapies. The baths there are amazing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!