Fall Guys: Ultimate Jelly Bean Battles
  • Okay, so is this what all live service games are like?

As a rule I don't do free console games, aside from having a few goes on Fortnite a long time ago, so I'm not used to battlepasses and monetisation.
    But my god, even my daughter is getting fatigue at the endless pressure to buy showbux in this game.

To elaborate, we've been playing this since day one in 2020 and has been out go to game. The first season under new management was fine - good sense of progression and unlocks. This current season not only locks away the currency and costumes until you pay for it with Showbux, but this currency too can't be won in season unless unlocked either with last season's won in-game currency (which was likely spent) or by paying £7
    On top of this, every week seems to bring more premium unlocks thrust at you.

I'd be far happier just paying 3 or 4 quid every couple of months DLC style for a new season without the egregious progression walls. As it is, there's just wall to wall FOMO to keep you playing every day. I'm surprised Jim Sterling hasn't done a video on it yet, it's so fucking manipulative.

Anyhow, rant over, but I'd be interested to know which end of the greedy bastard scale Fall Guys is at.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I played it a few months ago and it seemed to be just a costumes and packs shop with a non-game between the spending money bits. There's pretty much nothing to do in the game except show off what you've bought.
  • Kow wrote:
    I played it a few months ago and it seemed to be just a costumes and packs shop with a non-game between the spending money bits. There's pretty much nothing to do in the game except show off what you've bought.

Fair enough re your not liking the game. I'd personally go as far as saying that as an online competitive platform game, it's an absolute masterpiece in terms of gameplay for many reasons.

But since the buyout, unless you're playing purely for fun (which is still valid) the sense of progression has been sabotaged via FOMO and monetisation.

Even just unlocking most costumes won via gameplay costs in-game currency now.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I can see kids enjoying it. I didn't see much for an adult to enjoy.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    If only we had a man on the inside...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!