Genshin Impact
  • ZMM wrote:
    Yeah what's her dash all about? Having to hold the button down? I do like Inazuma, though, very nice turquoise grass.

I've tried to adjust to Mona's dash and now Ayaka's, but as someone who abuses the hell out of tap-to-dash, this variant makes combat feel really clunky. I actually wouldn't mind at all if it was context-sensitive, with tap-to-dash working in the usual manner and hold-to-dash activating the traversal effect. 

On the bright side though, I've primo gems for the next banner.
  • Horizon Zero Dawn's Aloy is coming to Genshin as a free 5-star cryo bow user. Her bow will be a Playstation exclusive drop it seems. From the blog post:

All Travelers who have reached Adventure Rank 20 or above will be able to obtain the event-exclusive 5-star character "Savior From Another World" Aloy directly through in-game mail. This event will be divided into two phases.

Phase 1

After the Version 2.1 Update. During the event, all Travelers who log into Genshin Impact on the PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®5 system will be able to obtain Aloy directly through in-game mail.

Phase 2

After the Version 2.2 Update. During the event, Travelers who log into Genshin Impact on any available platform, and who have yet to obtain the character during Phase I will be able to obtain Aloy directly through in-game mail.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I had to set up a new PSN account with a dummy email to link my PC save, but now i have all my lovely 5-stars on my PS5 with all the shiney bells & whistles of that version.

Those teleport times are instant! I was actually shocked. No loading at all.

Looking forward to diving into the new region tomorrow. Perfect Sunday game!
  • Good stuff. I had a quick look at Inazuma this afternoon, I stopped just after the fairly slow opening section, with Inazuma open to explore come tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I played this for about 5 hours today and 4 of those were spent listening to dialogue. They don't half prattle on. lol! Epic ending to the Archon mission though. 

Kinda shocked at how may quests i have available now. Guess that'll happen when you don't play for a few months. Got loads to get through before i can unlock Inazuma. 

Still not sold on Mona. Need to give her more time, and as i said above, i didn't actually do a lot of fighting during that session.
  • You just finished the Liyue Harbour battle/Childe storyline, Curtis? You can straight-line the Dainsleif quest (actually pretty damn good) and the Inazuma prologue after that I think, should only take a couple of hours or so. An electro character is pretty essential when you get to Inazuma itself.

After the slow opening hour I was able to sink some time into exploring the first of the main Inazuma islands yesterday. Had a blast looking for secrets, trying my hand at some puzzles, fighting cool new enemies, and playing through some of the new Archon Quest. Digging the new traversal mechanic as well. Looking forward to getting back to it.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Yeah, with the Jade Palace and whatnot. I did enjoy it, don't get me wrong, but there was A LOT of dialogue to get through. 

I'm part-way through the Dainsleif quest at the mo'.
  • I managed to get Kamisato Ayaka! But I have been playing way too much of this game as was signed off work for 2 weeks :D I will see if I can get used to the dash. I've already put a lot of time into Kaeya though as my Cryo character!
  • I'm loving Inazuma but I've noticed some definite frame rate issues on PS5, I think the overall graphics have had a bit of a bump after the last update?

It's also crashing a lot :(
  • Nice going with Ayaka! She's awesome, and if I could get used to that dash I'd spend every one of my primos to try and get her.

Sucks about the frame rate and crashes though. Can't say I've noticed any issues on PC.
  • But yeah, Inazuma's great. I've bee-lined the statues to unlock the map and even though I've only seen a small amount of the place this is my favourite region.

And they've only released half of it!
  • Ah I didn't realise!

I must say that the music for Inazuma is fantastic, a completely different atmosphere from the rest of the game. Mysterious, brooding, electric. Whoever's in charge of the music deserves recognition because it's simply incredible. The use of the traditional Japanese instruments too is just a superb touch.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I often leave the game idle because the soundtrack is utterly sublime, and you just wanna soak it all in.

Cannot wait 'til i hit Inazuma.
  • I would recommend rolling for Kamisato, she has a 10% chance to craft double weapon ascension materials which is useful, and her ice run allows her to move on water! Which is a timesaver. Also her super special talent whatever it's called, is immense.
  • I managed to get Klee a few weeks back but not enjoying playing as her.
  • Please don't tempt me! I have Mona who uses the same kinda sprint to cover water quickly, and yeah it's great for that. Still can't get used to it in normal play, but that's my problem to deal with.

I've loved Ayaka's design since the beta and playing through her story quest very nearly broke my will, but as she'd share the same sustained damage dealer role as Keqing in my team (but with a sprint I don't like) I know I just wouldn't use her. 

Still...    No. Mustn't.

Klee's a funny one, I don't use her at all outside of combat as being so short not only makes her the game's slowest character, but also the worst for climbing, plus she has to swim to cross puddles. In combat though, her AoE pyro attacks are so damn good at proccing vaporise and overwhelm that she's had a place in my team since I got her. Animation cancelling is a must though, as her default attack chain can feel a little clunky if you wait for the follow-through.
  • 30 mins to go on Kamisato Ayaka's banner and I thought I'd have a single 10-pull for fun. Wasn't expecting anything really, but...

l24LeR9.png

Only 20 rolls since my last 5-star as well. Feelsgoodman.
  • S'pose I better get used to that sprint then.
  • So I was a bit leatherd when I played this originally and there doesn't seem to be a way to just re-start from the beginning?

I have no idea how it works or controls or anything and I think il just end up deleting it.
    Pretty shit you can't just start fresh and learn it all if you made a bad decision to play it drunk.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Just create a second PSN user/account on your PS5 using a temporary online email address.

Replay the first couple of hours or so until you're acclimatised, then switch back to your main account.

;)
  • That's a great idea. 

The hot-swapping elemental reaction-based combat really is great, Davie, as is the music and art direction. Plus there's absolutely fucking loads of content to play through if you're starting fresh. 

It's not a live-service grindathon in the style of Destiny or Warframe though. Once you're up to date with the existing content (I'm still not up to date with everything btw) you'll complete your daily repeatable quests and farming runs in 30 mins or so. 

We do get regular events though, and some of them are pretty substantial. The recent summer event was superb.
  • The 2.1 update is go! We get the final part of Inazuma's Archon quest, two more of Inazuma's main islands to explore, new bosses, new weapons, fishing, a load of events, free primo's, and new characters including the Raiden Shogun herself. It's all looking good. 

• As I had enough primo's saved over the last 6 months or so to buy over 200 wishes I decided to go for Raiden Shogun - a support/DPS hybrid and battery with a complex and involved playstyle that suits numerous team comps including mono-electro if you're so bold. Got my first gold after 30 pulls but as expected I lost the 50/50 and got another Mona. C1 Mona ain't nothin' to sniff at though so I'll take it.

Took another 70 pulls to get Shogun herself, with three Kujou Sarahs, a Sucrose (finally got that C1), and a couple of Xianglings (now C6, I really need to raise her) in between. All that and I still have enough primo's for another 120 wishes somewhere down the road. 

1j20EGe.png

FusOgxY.png

The absolute state of my roster. No idea who I'm gonna run Raiden Shogun with tbh, but as it'll probably take me a month to get the materials to raise her there's no rush to decide. 

Nh8j6kw.png
  • Damn, the current community outrage is something to behold. Calling it a direct reaction to the almost non-existent anniversary rewards is too simple, rather the anniversary seems to have lit the touchpaper of a meths soaked bundle of recent issues - from the fact that its a year in and there's still no endgame content beyond the Spiral Abyss (itself an incredibly poor piece of endgame content), to the last three 5-star characters being hugely underwhelming, to the mounting annoyance that any criticism on the official forum and Reddit are being deleted. 

The results of all this newly unleashed dissatisfaction are seeing every official social media post flooded with negative replies and the review bombing of the game on mobile. It's gone from 4.6 stars to 2.8 stars on the Google Play Store in the last 48 hours. 

Remarkably, Mihoyo seems to be ignoring the whole ruckus which is only fuelling the fire.

I've got my popcorn to hand and I'm having a blast.
  • I think miHoYo might be a lil punch drunk. Still reeling from the anniversary reward shit-show (the in-game events and concert were pretty fucking good though IMO) they make some utterly moronic tweet about an upcoming community event. The reward if enough dumb suckers players promote their game? They'll invite shovel faced uber-cunt Elon Musk to visit their HQ and play the game on stream. 

Bitch, what!?!

The community responded as you'd expect and flamed them to fuck and back. The tweet now seems to have been deleted. 

Who needs to play games when you've got all this entertainment?
  • Anyhoo, the new island seems pretty good and I'm well up for another shot at Hu Tao. The two new geo dude characters they showed off look pretty cool as well, and they seem to have gone down very well judging by the err, gushing enthusiasm flooding the Twitter replies. 

The Genshin community is nothing if not super fucking horny.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    They'll invite shovel faced uber-cunt Elon Musk to visit their HQ and play the game on stream.

Eh I don't even... Does he like the game?
  • No idea. It might just have been some really poor attempt at a joke, there's an NPC called Ella Musk in the game and the tweet asked people to follow a new Twitter account set up in her name as a community challenge, with the Elon invite being the "reward". 

The whole thing was just really fucking weird and poorly judged, especially with the community so pissed off at miHoYo right now.
  • It's so strange. There's a really good game there that's just getting better with every update, but it also has a bunch of issues that need addressing regarding end-game content, character and elemental balancing, the grind, and their scummy as fuck monetization. 

Unlike their Western live-service counterparts though, miHoYo doesn't do community feedback. It's their way or the fuck you way.
  • Still hooked. From the carefree playground of Mondestadt to the increasingly complex world design and environmental hazards of Dragon Spine and Inazuma, I can't see that I'll get bored of this particular virtual world anytime soon.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!