Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, Greek mythology is great. Like a horny 15 year old's fever dream. Check out the Great Greek Myths on Prime
  • Cheers Paul.
    Will do next time I sub to Prime.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I absolutely love Greek mythology too and will one day play this!

I've got the ps5 disc and will prob play it before too long, happy to lend around October time when you finally get your console...
  • this is £30 on xbox store if you have gold currently.

dunno how that compares to pricing generally?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • No idea on physical but I paid £30 from CDkeys so about as good as you are gonna get but easier on Xbox store.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    £30 seems about the going rate at the moment. It’s currently that price on PSN. Very tempted but so much to play.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    There's some Xbox reward point thing on the dlc too, I think? No idea if it's any good tho...
  • It’s a brilliant game until the point where you’ve gorged so much on all the wonderful different stuff it’s thrown at you that you can’t even begin to imagine how much other stuff is hidden behind the fogged out map and you chicken out.

It’s like been given a massive 5kg bag of pic n mix. It’s fucking brilliant at the start, exactly all you’ve ever wanted, but 1kg in and you’re looking around thinking that this stuff really should only ever be rationed out as a treat.
  • Just popped in here to say that Immortals is a phenomenal videogame on PS5. I'm utterly spellbound by it. Dare I say it I think I'm enjoying this more than BotW. It does just about everything better. The graphics are mind-blowing.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Its really good but I got to the third area and it got really repetitive and samey. I loved my time with it though.
  • I think the pros and cons of both games dovetail.

I'm still playing when I'm playing anything at the moment.

Got all of Aphrodite's blessings and the 4 hides. I've opened up the 3 other areas (although there is a 5th and the central bit I've not been to). Done some of Athena's stuff as well and the first of Ares' blessings.

Only complaints really are that sometimes I get stuck climbing where it looks like I should be able to climb.
    The Wraiths are a bit too hard/annoying. Nice concept but I really want to get rid of them quickly and they are bloody hard. I have done Achilles but the Atalanta with the bear kicked my ass.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Its really good but I got to the third area and it got really repetitive and samey. I loved my time with it though.

Oh I can definitely see the Ubi bloat, and some encounters are getting repetitive already, but it's all so polished and shiny and colourful and it plays so well - everything works as you'd expect and the world is just so damn beautiful. Performance is flawless on PS5. It's the first game since BotW I can session happily for hours. I'm about 25 hours in and only on the second part of the map with the big tree. I've had a wander into other regions and this is easily the most imaginative and interesting map I've seen in an open world game - there is something of interest in every direction.

Coming to this from Valhalla has made me realise what I'm after from my games. It's just so much fun. Stuff like telekinesis - which has been shamelessly robbed from BotW - has been realised so effectively in this that I don't think I could go back to how it is in BotW. It's so accomplished. The upgrades for all the skills and abilities actually change combat in a meaningful way too, whereby I look forward to going back to the Hall of Gods for upgrade time.

I don't know whether I'll finish it - it's a big game, but for now this is absolutely what I want to be playing.

Terrific videogame.
  • I'm not 100% sure I will finish it but its nice to have a hefty SP game sitting there for when I feel like a proper session on something.

I dont envy those that had to power through to review it.
  • I finished it in the hours you've already put into it, Chalice. You can mainline it in that time.
  • Blimey. Good going. I've been savoring it but gonna start making some proper progress now.
  • You can really play it how you want to. If you’re enjoying it, I’d say don’t rush. I just thought I’d highlight that it’s not a game that necessitates the completion of sub-missions for levelling, etc. You just need to ensure you collect the relevant pick-ups when travelling from A to B.
  • What are the credit packs you can buy from the store used for?

Is there any server logon or ubi account needed?

edit: on ps5
  • Nothing essential. Costume pieces and I assume consumables.
    You don't need the Ubisoft account to play but playing will unlock some of the above in the Ubisoft thing.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Coming to this from Valhalla has made me realise what I'm after from my games. It's just so much fun.

Would love to hear more on what you mean with this statement (in reference to Valhalla compared to Immortals for example).
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Coming to this from Valhalla has made me realise what I'm after from my games. It's just so much fun.
    Would love to hear more on what you mean with this statement (in reference to Valhalla compared to Immortals for example).
    Me too. I LOVED the Immortals demo but didn't buy because I have Valhalla, Tsushima and Miles Morales to play. BUt my eye still wanders back to Immortals....
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Speedhaak wrote:

Valhalla's historic setting and standard warrior trappings prevent it from ever being exciting. It's just grounded in that gritty, violent viking drudgery that makes it repetitive and quite miserable to play. You've played an hour, you've played 60. It's all the same.

Immortals on the other hand, is bonkers creative, colourful and vibrant. Controls are smooth and responsive, every command is quick to engage, combat is fluid and impactful, puzzles are clever and can be challenging, things behave in the way in which you'd expect. Just flying about a massive map on wings feels brilliant. Upgrades are meaningful and rewarding. It's polished with a high sheen. I can't remember seeing a single glitch in 40 odd hours.

I'll make it simple Haak - did you enjoy BotW? If so, you will love the ever fucking shit out of this game. It's just a really accomplished 3D exploration game with great combat and really fun puzzle scenarios. It's a gem. The voiceovers might be overbearing for some, but I found most of them pleasant enough. Some were cringe. The game is fucking stunning on PS5 too.

I haven't touched Valhalla since owning this game.
  • I started this too soon after BotW.  After a month of Zelda, I wasn't in the mood for a new one.  Never did go back. I'll probably need to wait for winter before trying again.  Can't justify diving into a game like that when it's nice out.
  • My son has made good progress on this (in fact he's gotten further story wise than I did) (Thanks Jimmy). He's got some OP moves in his combat now and he's having fun with the puzzles and has a good grip of what he's got to do. I'm tempted to dip back on in Switch.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I let Tilly start this yesterday, as she's got a cringey Greek mythology rap to perform at school. So far so good.
  • I'm surprised BotW didn't have a batarang/beetle item to fire. Unless I'm misremembering.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It had boomerangs. This is a great game to tickle kids with some Greek mythology stuff, but it got right on my tits
  • I’ve just dropped £15 on a switch copy so I can do
    My research and help
    From behind the scenes
    The Forum Herald™
  • With the follow cam thing? My memory is awful, I played it twice too.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ah no sorry, I thought you just meant a throwable thingy that comes back atcha

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!