Why won’t you die? [Horrible Bosses]
  • That bloody Matriarch fight in Gears 5 was a dick. Ended up cheesing it a bit using grenades but it's a right pain in the ass.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Most fighting game bosses can go in the bin, some return as properly balanced playable characters but at the end of Arcade mode you can bet you will be tearing your hair out while the cheating twat owns you.

Alpha-152 at the end of Dead or Alive 4. She was the absolute worst.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    That bloody Matriarch fight in Gears 5 was a dick. Ended up cheesing it a bit using grenades but it's a right pain in the ass.

Oh shit yes she was a right pain in the arse. So many annoying insta-kills and you had to be almost perfect to defeat her.

Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • The good thing about Nioh 2 bosses is that they do at least know when to die. Energy bar empty, it's done. None of this refilling rubbish that From has been pulling more in recent years. (Well, OK, it does happen once.)

I did get horribly stuck for about 3 hours on one boss in Nioh 2 while reviewing it though. Big boar-like chap with loads of swords stuck in his back. I thought I was going to have to give up, but did eventually manage it. I think they might've toned it down a bit since release.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    This dick. 
    Ruh-roh I'm playing this atm and getting towards the end. Not gonna click the vid though. But they've all been relatively straightforward so far, so this is mildly concerning...
    Are you playing that? Or are you playing Monster Boy?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oh boy
  • Brooks wrote:
    Look at that scary owl.

He’s a bastard
  • MattyJ wrote:
    That bloody Matriarch fight in Gears 5 was a dick. Ended up cheesing it a bit using grenades but it's a right pain in the ass.

I think I spent around 3 hours doing that boss in co-op. It wasn’t until we split up entirely and took separate ends of the V-shaped map, that we saw any success.

I think the issue is, it doesn’t communicate that you are doing damage well. It keeps growing that shit on its back and you can’t really see if there’s progress.

Once it starts jumping through the air for one-hit kills...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There was a boss rush at the end of Legend of Mystical Ninja on SNES - a selection of previous ones before the final boss.....all to be despatched with one health bar,

Fuck that - the AR cart came out.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The spider boss in demons was a total shit for me.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Rev wrote:
    The spider boss in demons was a total shit for me.

I was given Demons Souls for my birthday last week (yay me) - and that’s one of only two bosses Ive actually managed to kill so far...  Though I did it by standing very far away and firing lots of arrows like the Cheese I am.  Going anywhere near it was obvious instant death.

I am reminded by all this that I just hate all bosses, in every game, ever.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Robotnik at the end of the DC Sonic game

I couldn't get any rhythm, and I'm rubbish

edit: also Sephiroth (?) if you played through FF too fast
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Sephiroth was a bugger and the time it took for summons to play out at that point in the game meant you could spent 20 minutes trying to beat him, only to get defeated.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Most fighting game bosses can go in the bin, some return as properly balanced playable characters but at the end of Arcade mode you can bet you will be tearing your hair out while the cheating twat owns you.

To pick a particular one I would say Seth of SF4.

Any boss in King of fighters. But especially the final boss in KOF XI.

In non-fighting games, the final boss in Final Fantasy 3 on the DS. If you don’t know, you star at the castle place abs fight a load of hard monsters, then after about an hour or so reach a gauntlet of every boss you’ve fought so far. Then after about 4 hours you fight this absolutely evil horrorbag, who’s special ability is to literally just wipe your party out.

Oh and you can’t save from when you enter the castle. So when you finally just get wiped out after 4/5 hours you start from outside again!

I was playing the game a lot and decided to do the ending whilst travelling to Barcelona with my now wife. It took me all day but I finally did it after she had fallen asleep at the hotel. I think I cheesed it finally with 4 summoners? Or with fully levelled 2x ninjas and 2x summoners.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Is that us 3, aka 6? Or Japanese 3? Trying to remember the boss run in the former (and hoping to play through it again soon to find out...)
  • I love me a decent boss in videogames, will try to have a think and drop a few vids tomorrow but the general feeling when the music changes, something charges through the background and a health bar appears on-screen is great imo. More bosses in videogames.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Sephiroth was a bugger and the time it took for summons to play out at that point in the game meant you could spent 20 minutes trying to beat him, only to get defeated.

I ruined that fight by using Knights of the Round. Was an absolute cake walk.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Is that us 3, aka 6? Or Japanese 3? Trying to remember the boss run in the former (and hoping to play through it again soon to find out...)

He said FF3 on DS. Which is FF3 not FF6.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy wrote:

Japanese 3, the remake for the DS. I’ve always meant to go back and actually finish 6, I had it on GBA and stopped after the ‘big event’ for some reason. Never finished 4 either actually, I had that on GBA too and the awesome remake on DS...

Might need to dig those out!

Edit: what elf said :)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Driver's president.

The Daddy wrote:
    I ruined that fight by using Knights of the Round.

Good game, that. Not like this Final Fantasy rubbish.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Rev wrote:

I was given Demons Souls for my birthday last week (yay me) - and that’s one of only two bosses Ive actually managed to kill so far...  Though I did it by standing very far away and firing lots of arrows like the Cheese I am.  Going anywhere near it was obvious instant death.

I am reminded by all this that I just hate all bosses, in every game, ever.

Happy to jump on at some point for co-op funtimes if you need help or just fancy a session.

Also, a belated happy birthday.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Rev wrote:
    I was given Demons Souls for my birthday last week (yay me) - and that’s one of only two bosses Ive actually managed to kill so far...  Though I did it by standing very far away and firing lots of arrows like the Cheese I am.  Going anywhere near it was obvious instant death. I am reminded by all this that I just hate all bosses, in every game, ever.
    Happy to jump on at some point for co-op funtimes if you need help or just fancy a session. Also, a belated happy birthday.

Thanks, I may well take you up on that.  (Though at the moment I’m grabbing quick goes in random moments when I get the chance, so tricky to line anything up.  Still, I managed to do the Tower Knight the other day, so getting somewhere I guess...)
  • So at my second attempt to 'get' Sekiro (it's going better this time), I present to you: Genichiro Ashina.

It took me 90 minutes, but he was downed yesterday. Utter B*stard.
  • Amazing fights!
  • Sekiro has the best bosses.
  • I never did beat the final boss in Strangers Wrath and it bothers me to this day.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Sekiro has the best bosses.

Like I said, I’m enjoying it more this time - and have made more progress as a consequence. However, I’m still put off slightly by the fact there’s only one way to win, when From games in the past have tended to let the player succeed in their own way.
  • Gremill wrote:
    I never did beat the final boss in Strangers Wrath and it bothers me to this day.

I didn’t get that far. I tend to bounce hard off the Lorne Lanning games.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!