Why won’t you die? [Horrible Bosses]
‹ Previous12
  • I’m currently playing Nioh 2 and it’s great. Well, it was, until I met this guy:

AmMPuKA.jpeg

Tatarimokke is an absolute C-Unit. He’s massive, flys around the screen half the time where you can’t hit him and, when he does land, his head rotates 180 degrees and he shoots a laser at you from his eyes.

It took me about an hour of screaming at the screen before he eventually fell to my lightning sword. I may have celebrated a bit too much.

Here’s a thread to celebrate/commiserate your nemesis boss battles. Who is your Tatarimokke?
  • 4lh7w2r is indeed a right bitch and super tough.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Last boss on MO: Ashtray, can't figure it out - lost interest in trying.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • The real boss is image posting.
  • I gave up on the very last dogfight is Ace Combat somethingorother on the 360. After an easy game all the way through, it suddenly became super duper hard/undoable for me.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    I’m currently playing Nioh 2 and it’s great. Well, it was, until I met this guy: AmMPuKA.jpeg] (I can’t get this image to pull through) Tatarimokke is an absolute C-Unit. He’s massive, flys around the screen half the time where you can’t hit him and, when he does land, his head rotates 180 degrees and he shoots a laser at you from his eyes. It took me about an hour of screaming at the screen before he eventually fell to my lightning sword. I may have celebrated a bit too much. Here’s a thread to celebrate/commiserate your nemesis boss battles. Who is your Tatarimokke?

Funnily enough I did him first time, overhead chops to his eyes did massive stamina damage.

Gremill wrote:
    Last boss on MO: Ashtray, can't figure it out - lost interest in trying.

Which bit got you?
  • Last boss on Conan was an utter time draining fucker on what was a fairly average god of
    War clone until the last boss went on for about 3 hours. No need.

Ninja Blade has a last boss that required being killed with a sword that drained your own health when activated. The previous boss battles has been challenging but this genuinely just fucked you right in the eye and eventually I gave up.
    The Forum Herald™
  • @Tempy I should have said that this was a later version of him, but I think I may have cheesed the first anyway.

I’m at the Nioh 2 endgame now, and I’ve barely used anything but mid stance. I don’t find switching them natural at all.
  • Time Slug in Slay the Spire is an absolute bastard. I really hate him and his snide little comments that he makes.

But the worst wasnt the hardest. Perfect Dark on the N64. Loved it as a game until the final level. All going well until the last boss and I just could not kill him. I wasnt dying, I just couldnt kill him. So I never finished the game

Turns out you just had to shout some statue behind him or something like that. Dont know if I was the only idiot not to realise what to do but my god it was frustrating to keep trying and never get anywhere.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Ah that sounds like it could be difficult, I had to stop playing cos I have had too much other work on to give it my full attention. Stance switch is ace, but even if it you struggle with it not being natural, high stance openers on Yokai are amazing they tend to have horns as weak points - breaking those does huuuuge stamina damage.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'd moan about the Metroid Prime boss but I cba cos DS will just waltz in all Billy big bawls trying us to wobble heads or some such
  • Most fighting game bosses can go in the bin, some return as properly balanced playable characters but at the end of Arcade mode you can bet you will be tearing your hair out while the cheating twat owns you.

To pick a particular one I would say Seth of SF4.
  • Agent 3 in Splatoon 2. An absolute dick.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I'd moan about the Metroid Prime boss but I cba cos DS will just waltz in all Billy big bawls trying us to wobble heads or some such

He'd be right
  • @Tempy: I just couldn't figure it out. I think I took down a few TV shields but then got stuck. It's been a while, so I'll probably have s look at it tomorrow, not I've reminded myself.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Tempy wrote:
    Ah that sounds like it could be difficult, I had to stop playing cos I have had too much other work on to give it my full attention. Stance switch is ace, but even if it you struggle with it not being natural, high stance openers on Yokai are amazing they tend to have horns as weak points - breaking those does huuuuge stamina damage.

I’ve absolutely loved this game. Just defeated the last boss as I’m writing this. It’s a ridiculous time sink though.
  • Special mention to best bosses in Hollow Knight. I watched the boy take them all down - he spent one Sunday trying to beat Broken Vessel for about 4 hours before bursting into tears and crying, but he never got angry and beat it first time the next day. They were hard but they were fair.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Guardian Ape in Sekiro.

Holy shit that bugger is tough. But oh so satisfying when I finally beat him. I think my time spent on him was ultimately fairly short (I managed to defeat him on my sixth attempt and took about 40 minutes) but the amount of focus, attention and concentration was actually really draining!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)

Holy shit that bugger is tough. But oh so satisfying when I finally beat him. I think my time spent on him was ultimately fairly short (I managed to defeat him on my sixth attempt and took about 40 minutes) but the amount of focus, attention and concentration was actually really draining!

This is me and the owl. I had to watch him with furious concentration.
  • i remember giving up in a huff on the final boss of MSG:Twin Snakes on Gamecube and never going back.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Guardian Ape in Sekiro.

This is me and the owl. I had to watch him with furious concentration.

Oh man I haven’t gotten to the Owl fight yet. There is a real sense of trepidation about future boss fights.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Such a good game.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Final boss in Chaos Engine. Undefeated in my house.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Iv gave up on trying to beat his second form till I can play it on new gen 60fps.
    Iv had him really low quite a few times but I can wait.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    I’m currently playing Nioh 2 and it’s great. Well, it was, until I met this guy:

AmMPuKA.jpeg

Tatarimokke is an absolute C-Unit. He’s massive, flys around the screen half the time where you can’t hit him and, when he does land, his head rotates 180 degrees and he shoots a laser at you from his eyes.

It took me about an hour of screaming at the screen before he eventually fell to my lightning sword. I may have celebrated a bit too much.

Here’s a thread to celebrate/commiserate your nemesis boss battles. Who is your Tatarimokke?

Lol, i got to him died twice and havent been back since! Well i had no spare time to play. Awkward so and so of a boss.
  • Gill
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Look at that scary owl.
  • Recent bosses that irritated me the most were the final boss in Butcher, an otherwise solid twin stick platform shooter, and at least two of the guardians in the Majora's Mask themed DLC for Cadence of Hyrule.  The Cadence bosses were particularly annoying because there were so good in the main game.  The Medusa shmup level in Cuphead was a bit of a hair puller too.  Bosses in WIll O' the Wisps were annoying because they just weren't as good as the rest of the game, but I guess none were particularly tricky (the last one was awful though).  Most of the bosses in Horace were shit too, but the last one was so feebly designed it made the rest look like Seven Force. I didn't enjoy the final stage of Doom Eternal much either.

Broken Vessel in Hollow Knight that gave me plenty of problems, but I knew it was my fault for tackling it earlier than I should have so only had myself to blame.  HK plays a terrific boss game on the whole so this one isn't really a complaint, more of a respectful tip of the hat

Going back further I hated the Tyrant on the plane in Code Veronica.  The Shadow of the Colossus boss that could attack you while ypu wete prone was crap.  I had a similar problem with one (or specifically two, iirc) near the end of Stranger's Wrath too.  Poor form.

Going back even further the memory of the third boss in Shinobi still wipes its its feet on me.

Edit: Butcher boss.  It looks simple enough done right but I was stuck for so long it took the shine off the good bits that preceded it.  It's the only modern game I can think of that nearly made me bin it at the final hurdle anyway.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    This dick. 
    Ruh-roh I'm playing this atm and getting towards the end. Not gonna click the vid though. But they've all been relatively straightforward so far, so this is mildly concerning...
  • I’ll say no more. The guy in the vid manages it though.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!