E3 2021 - GUESSING TIME IS OVER!
  • No Pro.... So how safe is it to buy a switch?? Wish Nintendo would make a statement
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Guardians of the Galaxy for Switch is just a cloud game, not a real game.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Raiziel wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    When Treehouse finishes I'm gonna try the KILL CHAOS demo.
    Well someone has to.
    I have. The combat system might be OK actually, but everything else is so pointlessly bland I couldn't be arsed to put the effort in.
  • I assume covid has buggered their development somewhat as that and the last direct were a whole lot of nothing much. The amount of money they're making from the switch you'd assume they'd have a lot more otherwise.
    MattyJ wrote:
    No Pro.... So how safe is it to buy a switch?? Wish Nintendo would make a statement
    Just buy one. It'll be fine
  • @matty did your boy get his machamp?

Edit.... This isnt the switch thread.
  • Advance Wars looks like piss. The units/battlefield could easily pass for an early 360 era XBLA game. The weak 3D models look was a terrible choice.
  • It's weird coming back here from other places where everyone seems highly excited about what they saw.

I'm not, but not exactly disappointed either. It could have been worse.

If you're going to revive Monkey Ball and Advance Wars, you may as well do the originals, since they were never bettered anyway. Wario is Wario. A new 2D Metroid should be solid even if it looks a bit cheap. It's not exactly what the old fans have been asking for between big releases, but it's not a million miles away either.

Golf, Party and SMTV should also do what they do well, too. If you're into that.

And BotW 2 was never going to make this year.

Not great, then, but not bad.
  • There were four games I want (BotW2, WarioWare, Golf, Monkey Ball romdump), which isn't bad going for these things in hindsight, but as it played out it felt like a long list of nopes and hellnopes.
  • Not a lot of meat of the bones though.
    DLC book ending the show (well not quite but near enough)
    Remakes and party games for the most. A 2D Metroid is welcome but not comparable to the Prime 4 news many hoped for.

Then you have to factor in Nintendo having the nerve to charge £60 for most if not all of that guff.

Its not bad stuff just underwhelming. Especially when MS had a great presentation and Sony having been showing off and releasing some stonkers in recent months.
  • That was all great, fuck y’all.

Wario ware? Good
    Advance wars? Good
    Monkey Ball? Good
    Danganronpa? Cinty game
    Fatal Frame? Cinty game
    SMT5? Cinty game
    Metroid Dread? Hook it in my veins
    BotW2? Gotta give the casuals something, so whatever.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    This was in the Japan Direct and has just been released globally apparently.

OH MY DAAAAAAAAYSSS!!!!

Hopefully this means they can do Futari too!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Hopefully this means they can do Futari too!

Never figured you’d be into that.
  • I thought the direct was great.

Wario, Full online Mario party, new metroid!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Stranger of Paradise feels like a cross-gen title from the PS2/PS3 transition.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • That Mario Party really should be DLC for the other one, but otherwise what they showed is fine. Nintendo have been dropping games from nowhere for this generation. What you see today isn’t necessarily it for the foreseeable future.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    That Mario Party really should be DLC for the other one, but otherwise what they showed is fine. Nintendo have been dropping games from nowhere for this generation. What you see today isn’t necessarily it for the foreseeable future.

Yeah but this is E3, its the be all and end all of the next 12 months innit.

Give it a couple of weeks for the dust to settle and people will be more logical again.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'm already all in on Golf, will probably get WarioWare for the lols. Other than that, big hmmmmm.
  • I would be up for Golf, but already have far too much on for the foreseeable. After they hobbled Everybody's last time, this looks like the fun golf effort we need.
  • Covering this shit is rough. Hopefully next year NME is in a place where we get stuff in advance, rather than having to race the presentations. I am burst.
  • Breath of the Wild 2 looked great to me. Interested to see how they handle getting Link up in the sky in the sky. Perhaps he reverse raindrops into a passing cloud? Would like to know how much of the ground level stuff is the Hyrule from BotW. I expect Zelda aficionados will be able to pinpoint locations based some of what was seen.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll give it a fine after watching the Giamt Bomb read on it. There's stuff there, but it's not Metroid Prime 4 or Bayo 3. I get it. I fucking want them too. But there's a new 2D Metroid (I'll refute Jon's suggestions it looks cheap, and I loved Samus Returns on 3DS) and I actually forgot about the Monkey Ball remaster (which I suspect will come elsewhere but I enjoyed.)

It wasn't a banger and I think Xbox ruled the roost if you care about who "won" e3 for some sad reason, but I've got at least 5 games to see me through to the end of the year on the system.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm mostly disappointed that not a single one of you all questioned where Splatoon 3 was.
  • Probably delayed until Switch Pro comes out 2022
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    I'm mostly disappointed that not a single one of you all questioned where Splatoon 3 was.

I knew it was nowhere because that first reveal seemed so nebulous. Wasn't even on my radar but also ANNOUNCE SPLATOON 3 YOU FUCKING COWARDS
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Probably delayed until Switch Pro comes out 2022

Was originally announced for 2022
  • Later in 2022.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It has been trending on my Twitter for days!

I'm not ready for it yet so I'm fine with it not being there. I liked Metroid and Danganronpa as day 1s and plenty other that I'm interested in.
  • I’m kind of bored of splatoon. I want what splatoon was when it came out. Maybe that was arms?

I think I’d be interested in splatoon if they changed it to be different in some form that I can’t fathom.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Later in 2022.

Aha, 2023
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Advance Wars Switch confirmed up to 4 player mp

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!