The 3DS Thread
  • I got a nice slim pouch from Nintendo Magazine. Its really nice, thin but has a bit of cushion.

Whats everyone playing on this atm? I'm on my third playthrough of SPQ2 secret quest.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I think my 3DS is my favourite console.

I concur. Mario Kart 7 is the best in the series, Mario 3D Land is up there with Mario 64*, and Ocarina is still immense. Best hand held ever. I've recently broken the 70 hour mark in MK7 and I'm still unlocking new stuff.

Did anyone else try the Rayman Origins demo? Was it just me or did it seem disappointingly lo-res?

*Or insert your favourite Mario title here.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Here's a question - I already have a decent-ish 3DS case. It only holds 6 games. There's one I saw that holds 12, but I'm wondering if anyone can point me towards a really really nice slim pouch almost (like a PSP or Vita) and then a separate game case? Cheeerrsss

Officially licensed light thin pouch, probably good for just keeping out lint while StreetPassing, £3

Hori officially licensed game card case, holds 24 3DS and DS games, £7
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • didn't get any feedback last time but i'll post once more.. anyone commute near waterloo or london bridge? or anywhere in london?!? :D
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Here's a question - I already have a decent-ish 3DS case. It only holds 6 games. There's one I saw that holds 12, but I'm wondering if anyone can point me towards a really really nice slim pouch almost (like a PSP or Vita) and then a separate game case? Cheeerrsss
    Officially licensed light thin pouch, probably good for just keeping out lint while StreetPassing, £3 Hori officially licensed game card case, holds 24 3DS and DS games, £7

Perfect.
  • mk64 wrote:
    didn't get any feedback last time but i'll post once more.. anyone commute near waterloo or london bridge? or anywhere in london?!? :D

I commute through paddington.
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Praying I get the 3D Land pouch. Love MK7, but SM3DL was my goty last year.
  • Hodgepodge wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    didn't get any feedback last time but i'll post once more.. anyone commute near waterloo or london bridge? or anywhere in london?!? :D

Would've been good when I was in Baker st. Where's your "final destination"?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Praying I get the 3D Land pouch. Love MK7, but SM3DL was my goty last year.

I was the same but got the MK7 one.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    WE SHALL SEE
  • mk64 wrote:
    Hodgepodge wrote:
    mk64 wrote:

Oxford Circus.

I feel like I hardly ever get any street pass hits for some reason. I've had it since last September and I think I've only got around 40...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Apparently Mighty Switch Force has been remastered or updated or something. Adds more content (the main complaint about the original version). Free for people who already have it. Not sure if it's like the Mario update or a separate app.
  • Hodgepodge wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    Hodgepodge wrote:
    mk64 wrote:

Oxford Circus.

I feel like I hardly ever get any street pass hits for some reason. I've had it since last September and I think I've only got around 40...

Thats mental.. i've got most of my SP's from that area and i've got 641 now. You do know there is Nintendo zone in John Lewis? 4th floor, out of the lift head left and into the corner. Bam.. there's every puzzle piece you want. Its a shame they've taken out 5 leaving one :( Also you used to be able to SP in Game and HMV). I normally get one in Hamleys or the old Trocedero.

I'd be happy to pop up once a week to literally just SP for 5 seconds during your lunch if you want to. I often hop on the jubliee to head up that way.
  • That would be good, but it's quite hard to predict when my lunch break is going to be, so probably hard to organise. I didn't know about the John Lewis thing, I'll have to have a goosey gander.

Any love for Resident Evil Revelations? I bought it about 2 months ago when it was £20, but still havent started it yet. Was going to wait for a circle pad pro. Good idea?
  • Circle pad pro makes the game play better. In my mind I think mgs 3 is my favourite game on here. I recently bought Mario and sonic (wtf) because the demo was quite good. Some stupid choices though 100 metre race is CUT DOWN for just leaving just the start and finish. Madness
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I really liked Resi, but I like all Resi. It's definitely better with CPP. 

I'm excited about MGS 3DS.
  • I bought a CPP to use with Kid Icarus... I've yet to try either!
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    What's a CPP?
  • Circle Pad Pro.
  • I bought a CPP to use with Kid Icarus... I've yet to try either!

Please play Kid Icarus. It's very good.
  • It is amazing, but I don't think it uses the CPP for anything other than allowing you to play lefthanded.
  • I will play it, just haven't had much free time for gaming over the last few weeks.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I really liked Resi, but I like all Resi. It's definitely better with CPP.  I'm excited about MGS 3DS.

I enjoyed Resi Revs quite a bit, I should go back for a second play through. It does have some rather obelisk-like difficulty spikes, though.

I've pondered MGS 3D, but I tried the demo, got spotted, spent next ten minutes running around the jungle like something out of a Benny Hill sketch. Thinking I may have rose-tinted the shit out of MGS3.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Following a very brief dalliance with a Vita - returned for refund. I should pick up my 3DS this weekend. Zelda Anniversary 3DS with Ocarina of Time. Also have Kid Icarus, Super Mario 3D Land, Rhythm Thief and Dead or Alive ready to play. Is Starfox any good? Loved that on the N64.
  • if you liked n64 starfox then YES. All the tricks still work. Pick up MK7 too.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    Is Starfox any good? Loved that on the N64.

I wasn't a fan back in the day, but I picked it up recently because it was on sale. The upshot is that when I was 16 I was an idiot. Star Fox 64 3D is immense.

On another note, does anyone else find that their charging dock doesn't work? I put the 3DS in the dock, and sometimes the little orange light comes on briefly, sometimes not at all. I end up putting the power plug straight into the 3DS itself, and just having it resting in the dock.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    These sound interesting. An 'all star' group of developers get together to make a handful of titles, which are bundled on a single 3DS cart. So far Guild 01 and Guild 02 have been announced.
    Guild 01 is a collection of four unique titles from four different creators. Grasshopper Manufacture’s Suda 51 is working on Liberation Girl, a shooter. Seaman creator Yoot Saito is working on Air Porter, an airport management simulation. Tactics series creator Yasumi Matsuno is working on Crimson Shroud, a traditional tabletalk style RPG. Finally, comedian Yoshiyuki Hirai is working on Rental Weapon Shop, a fantasy RPG where you play as the owner of an RPG weapon shop.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    HELLO SKONDO YES THIS IS BARREL ROLL
  • Played a lot of MK7 online until I got tired of the cheating.  Patch downloading!

Icarus is fab.  Skylanders is great, but keep it quiet.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Skondo wrote:
    Following a very brief dalliance with a Vita - returned for refund. I should pick up my 3DS this weekend. Zelda Anniversary 3DS with Ocarina of Time. Also have Kid Icarus, Super Mario 3D Land, Rhythm Thief and Dead or Alive ready to play. Is Starfox any good? Loved that on the N64.

You've got the games but not the console? Prepared.

Looks like a cracking selection. I really need to get a 3DS, don't I?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!